Gear is for art. Art are politics

Ed_David

On 8/19/2017 at 7:03 PM, kaylee said:

ed, heres a protip: acting like a 5 year old online, under your real name, is a very bad idea. people who might want to hire you based on your good work will start to vet you, and within seconds theylll discover that youre a huge pain in the ass online, and they will wonder: How much worse is he in person?

i thought that maybe youd turned over a new leaf. time to grow up dude

You are completely right ebrahim!

11 minutes ago, User said:

Oh look everyone, Ed came back to tell us how he thinks it should be. Bless his little heart.

Just as you are.

We all have a voice here.

Thats why eoshd is great.

My comments were to the individuals in a post that an admin deleted where an admin and others were defending the corporation of b&h after being found in violation of discrimination against women and people of color.

That thread was deleted.

I did not mean to offend anyone who was not part of that thread.

I apologize to those who i offended.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Just as you are.

We all have a voice here.

Thats why eoshd is great.

Let me know if I can get you a blanket and a cup of chai latte for all the suffering you've endured at the sight of watching other less fortunate than you.
Stop fucking whining about it here and go and do something about it.

Just now, User said:

Let me know if I can get you a blanket and a cup of chai latte for all the suffering you've endured at the sight of watching other less fortunate than you.
Stop fucking wining about it here and go and do something about it.

Why? Did i ask for that?

Should i instead let people defend corportions discriminate against people of color and women?

Also using my real name is more courageous than hiding behind an anonymous name and swearing a lot.

Because as you guys think im risking my job by my thoughts. Oh no- a production company would never hire someone who stands up publically online against domestic abuse and corporate discrimination against women and people of color.

Did i mention i work primarily for liberal people who like that i am opinionated.

You know other dps who are opinionated?

A ton.

Also i dont think admin jonpais should be liking posts that are full of swearing and hate towards another member of this forum.

You may not agree with what Ed has to say, but he has been unfailingly polite in saying it. Perhaps you should dial back your aggression and disdain, as it is of no use to anyone and paints you as an unpleasant individual. And I agree, by the way, that administrators should abstain from approving posts containing aggression and profanity aimed at other users.

Ed , there is  one main benefit to me in replying to your interesting post: to engage in a conversation with you.

Your rarely reply to me. The only benefit in replying to your posts comes into doubt by lack of feedback from your side.

If I directly adress guys like you or mercer or jonpais, it is because of interest in you guys and your opinions, for me it is not about writing for the internet.

A human right is not a privilegue. The denial of human rights is an act of violence. 

One does not do human rights a favour by proclaiming them as privilegue.

3 million dollars for 1000 workers sounds little compensation. Should have been 30 million.

40 minutes ago, Tim Sewell said:

You may not agree with what Ed has to say, but he has been unfailingly polite in saying it. Perhaps you should dial back your aggression and disdain, as it is of no use to anyone and paints you as an unpleasant individual. And I agree, by the way, that administrators should abstain from approving posts containing aggression and profanity aimed at other users.

His unfailing politeness which has won your favour in this particular situation is a cheap mask that he employs when it serves him. I'll be sure to shed a tear when you are on the receiving end of one of his unwarranted hissy fits.

As far as being unpleasant goes, I'm just calling it like I see it. Just as you and everyone here are. In fact, I'm very nice. Nice. Nice Nice.

His unfailing politeness which has won your favour in this particular situation is a cheap mask that he employs when it serves him. I'll be sure to shed a tear when you are on the receiving end of one of his unwarranted hissy fits.

Should that occur I will have no need of your tears. But thank you for posting without unpleasantness.

Just now, Tim Sewell said:

Should that occur I will have no need of your tears. But thank you for posting without unpleasantness.

Beautiful comment. Leaving this thread now. No need to wait for engaging exchange within this group conversation any more. Off to new

opportunities of exchange within the realm of EOSHD.

9 hours ago, jonpais said:

Our drinking water is turning the frogs gay.

Estrogens, xeno-estrogens, and endocrine disrupters are causing a variety of changes in all forms of life. From the NIH, this is no joke, brother: https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/endocrine/index.cfm, and male T has been dropping steadily for the last 20 years: http://uk.reuters.com/article/health-testosterone-levels-dc-idUKKIM16976320061031

Thus, avoid plastics, make your own water if possible (via reverse osmosis or distillation followed by remineralization to bring up pH to 8+). Take DIM and eat associated foods to protect yourself: http://www.naturodoc.com/library/hormones/diindolymethane.htm. It's likely that sex cell cancers (e.g. prostate in men and breast in women) are promoted by endocrine disrupters.

6 hours ago, Tim Sewell said:

Didn't Sonny Bono assassinate Kubrick?

Haven't heard that, guessing joke? However googling those names together found this: https://www.newparadigm.ws/suppressed-forbidden-knowledge/10-celebrities-killed-by-the-ruling-elite-for-exposing-the-global-conspiracy/. Prince talked about the water too: http://www.wakingtimes.com/2016/05/02/was-prince-killed-by-illuminati-for-spreading-message-love-peace/

Could all be a coincidence, just a bunch of wacky 'conspiracy theorists', or maybe not. In any case, we can't live in fear.

The good news is Santa Monica doesn't fluoridate the water (it's a start in LA!), and countries are starting to ban it: http://althealthworks.com/2223/list-of-countries-that-ban-or-reject-water-fluoridation-why-north-america-is-actually-the-exception/.

In the meantime, you can take boron supplements to help chelate (remove) fluoride: https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-1671-Boron-Capsules/dp/B00093D2NU/. Boron is also helpful for bone and endocrine health.

@Ed_David First of all, you started this thread with the express purpose of launching a personal attack against me, then go crying like a school girl just because I happen to approve of some of the comments questioning your motives. You're the one buying from B&H, not me, so like you said yourself, that does make you a hypocrite. @User sized you up pretty well when he remarked,

Why don't you take your self righteous, self-pitying act somewhere else?

3 hours ago, jonpais said:

100%.
And actually, my feeling is that he only returns here to feed his insatiable ego via those who are dimwitted enough to stroke it. And you loathsome bunch know who you are.

11 hours ago, Ed_David said:

I was planning to stay clear of this thread, but this is just an odd and awkward low blow. I actually don't get it. Am I missing something? Ebrahim was a fraud. Is Ed suggesting @kaylee is one? Kaylee brought up "under your real name", but in no way was she suggesting fraudulently posing as someone else, just pointing out that by using his full real name could come back to haunt him. 

Ed's line was desperate, and every bit as childish as Kaylee called him out for being. Point proved I guess. 

21 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Ed , there is  one main benefit to me in replying to your interesting post: to engage in a conversation with you.

Your rarely reply to me. The only benefit in replying to your posts comes into doubt by lack of feedback from your side.

If I directly adress guys like you or mercer or jonpais, it is because of interest in you guys and your opinions, for me it is not about writing for the internet.

A human right is not a privilegue. The denial of human rights is an act of violence. 

One does not do human rights a favour by proclaiming them as privilegue.

3 million dollars for 1000 workers sounds little compensation. Should have been 30 million.

I apologize - I was reading this thread on my cell phone, and it's hard to get past the negative commentors and address all the great responses and ideas I see from so many,

15 hours ago, jonpais said:

@Ed_David First of all, you started this thread with the express purpose of launching a personal attack against me, then go crying like a school girl just because I happen to approve of some of the comments questioning your motives. You're the one buying from B&H, not me, so like you said yourself, that does make you a hypocrite. @User sized you up pretty well when he remarked,

Yea but I didn't address you.  I don't honestly understand why you are a moderator here and yet are into using harassment against a user.  Whether or not you agree with me, you should uphold a level of decency as a moderator of a forum. Calling me a girl is a form of immaturity.  Andrew trusts you and depends on you for keeping the peace on this forum.  Maybe he should reevaluate that.

And how am I whining?  I stated my belief that you should not be liking posts that encourage harassment and use profanity?  Is that whining?  How have I complained that, woe is me?  Remember, you are the guy who defended a corporation for discriminating against women and black people, and then when I said it was against the law in American since the civil rights act of 1968, you deleted the POST!  You deleted a post because it revealed something you may not want other people to see?  Or what was your reasoning for deleting the post?  Talk about whining.  

As to my ego, no I'm not here to stroke it entirely even though isn't that what we do when we post a video - we want constructive critism?  But mostly on this stuff I'm here to defend my viewpoints, because unlike you User, or Jonesy Jones, or whomever the rest of you are, hiding behind your anonymonity - this is my real name - and my real name and actions have consequences, as you guys pointed out, in the real world for me.

For you, User, you may as well be Ebrahim or gosh knows who else.  And you can say whatever you want.  If you want to actually have some clout, use your real name.

And again, the end goal, which is fairly futile, is to do social activism online and in the real world - in places that don't always expect it - because if I get one person out there to start to think about what it means for a company to discriminate against women, that may be a good thing.

And all that maybe worth it.

But of course, I doubt it.

And for the question on a the wide-angle adapter for a helious 52mm lens - why not use a full frame camera instead of a GH5?  Or at least the speed booster ultra - and see where that takes you in widening the field of view.

I know panasonic made wide-angle adapters back in the dvx100 era - maybe that could work as well.

1 hour ago, Ed_David said:

I stated my belief that you should not be liking posts that encourage harassment and use profanity? 

- I used the word fucking once. It's the first time I ever have here. I am not the only member here who does this. Fucking relax.

User, or Jonesy Jones, or whomever the rest of you are, hiding behind your anonymonity - this is my real name - and my real name and actions have consequences, as you guys pointed out, in the real world for me.

- The idea of having my name dragged through the mud on the internet forever in perpetuity by someone like you far from attractive. That you yourself should welcome this is just another example of your extreme narcissism and short sightedness. And, I told you this the last time you attacked me on another thread.

And again, the end goal, which is fairly futile, is to do social activism online and in the real world - in places that don't always expect it - because if I get one person out there to start to think about what it means for a company to discriminate against women, that may be a good thing.

- That's right dear Ed David. In all this it only and always comes back to YOU. YOU and your gigantic narcissistic ego. Light the way. Ugh.

As an act of good faith, watch this talk and ask yourself are your motives for saving the world the same as these doctors?

...because unlike you User, or Jonesy Jones, or whomever the rest of you are, hiding behind your anonymonity - this is my real name - and my real name and actions have consequences, as you guys pointed out, in the real world for me.

No anonymity here. I go by Jonesy. Look up Jonesy Jones on imdb, I'm the first on the list. Same name as every other forum or website. 

I'd still love to hear your reasoning for calling Kaylee, Ebrahim.