Mini Slider

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Would that give enough of an effect, though?

I you want something easy to pack I'd consider something like this:

or:

Thanks CG!! I saw the Rat Rig one on eBay and the design looked good, but I wasn't sure. Small and compact... it could be a winner!!!

They have their own store: http://www.ratrig.com/ . Not sure if eBay is cheaper? Believe they ship from Portugal. They've got occasional updates or user feedback on their FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ratrighardware/posts/?ref=page_internal . Nitsan did a video on the early model:

There's also the '2-lane' V-slider: http://www.ratrig.com/dslr/vsliders/diy-camera-slider-kits/v-slider-diy-kit.html . Should give better stability when using it standalone. The '1-lane' version can't really be used that well without mounting it.

4 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

It definitely does imo. Their stuff is very solid. Like really solid. 

Yep. If @mercer is going to travel with the benro maybe it's better to think about the edelkrone. I consider the rat-rig more of a here-now thing with the gorillapod like Nitsan, always in a small bag ready to shoot.

Thanks guys. Right now, the Rat Rig is my top pick. I love the design and video Mattias did of the Edelkrone but a little more than I want to spend right now... especially since I already have the Edelkrone Slider Plus small... which I love but it's just a little heftier than I am looking for with a Monopod. So to save the money with the rat rig makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Ivanhurba said:

Yep. If @mercer is going to travel with the benro maybe it's better to think about the edelkrone. I consider the rat-rig more of a here-now thing with the gorillapod like Nitsan, always in a small bag ready to shoot.

I just bought a GH2 to mess around with and I want a quick, easy set up that's small and portable... either will definitely work, I just like the price of the Rat Rig better and it seems completely smooth enough for my needs and definitely light and compact. 

Good idea to use it with a gorilla pod!!!

I have the Rat Rig, but I don't recommend it if you want to move around with a backpack only.

Basically all the wheels are exposed, you'll sure hit it with something on the go unless you can pack it with some protection, but that misses the point of being portable.

Edelkrone Wing will probably be my next slider, looks great.

15 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ive always been very happy with the Edelkrone. Can just leave it permanently on the tripod. And like all their products its a solid build.

Meant to ask this when I first watched your video, what is that lens you're using at 1:11? It gives an absolutely stunning POV effect, really beautiful. Great work btw.

31 minutes ago, gsenroc said:

I have the Rat Rig, but I don't recommend it if you want to move around with a backpack only.

Basically all the wheels are exposed, you'll sure hit it with something on the go unless you can pack it with some protection, but that misses the point of being portable.

Edelkrone Wing will probably be my next slider, looks great.

Good to know, thanks. I saw a rip off version of the Wing on eBay... interesting design. I love Edelkrone's products, but don't love the price tag... for this anyway.

I really don't want to spend more than a hundred dollars for this slider but there aren't many quality sliders for that money. 

8 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

On a complete tangent.....

Go motorised for under $50 (including some strips of lino which you'll need outdoors!).

Fits in your pocket and honestly with a small camera it is far better than it has a right to be for the price.

Thanks for this, this is cool as shit. Not exactly what I need now, but I will definitely be buying one in the near future. 

Just now, BTM_Pix said:

Don't be ridiculous man. Everyone needs one of these. Without delay !

Not everybody has Tour De France money... I've gotta separate my needs from my wants. But I will need this in about a month. 

Do you have one and if so, does it have longevity? It seems like a cool product that may break after a couple uses?