Andrew Reid

Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is there a software like Kodi?
Hi friends, I love Kodi but I regret because I have to leave Kodi and to use another difefferent software.  In fact I am using a new camera to make documentaries and Kodi doesn't work. I think the file is too much heavy for Kodi. Now I make UHD 50p 150Mbps. I have a Sony Bravia 65" with 3-4 software and every softare reads those files perfectly but Kodi reads them in not fluid way and jerky. I don't watch TV with Kodi, I watch only my documentaries. Now I tell you what is important for me:
I have many documentaries in a HDD and Kodi put all the titles in a row on one page (screen).
This is the most important thing for me. I need a software that reads UHD well and that shows all the titles of my UHD documentaries. Thanks for some info.

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the video quality differs on the GH5 between VFR frame rates?

The quality of 120fps is great, and it's 180fps isn't so great.

For example, if I set the camera PAL,/ 25fps, I get an option for 100fps, which presumably is the same quality as 120fps. The next increment is 125fps. Would the quality drop to that of 180fps, or be equivocal to shooting 120fps.

Hope that makes sense. Appreciate any help!

Hi, I'm here again to ask a question. If I have to shoot at a very sunny area, with sheer sun and earth colored red, without trees and without shaded areas, in this hard scenery is it better to shoot with Natural profile or Dynamic range Cinelike or Video Cinelike? In my country there is PAL system but I'd like to shoot in 59,94p UHD. Thanks for your suggestions.

Yes Jon, in my language there isn't "Cinelike D" but" Dynamic Range Cinelike". They are the same thing. ;) In fact when I choose english language Menu shows "Cinelike D". I'm sorry but I don't use Leeming LUT and I'm undecided if I will shoot in "Cinelike D", "Natural" or "Come709". It seems to me that all three are good, but which of the three are better suitable for modifying colors in post production?

30 minutes ago, FoxAdriano said:

Yes Jon, in my language there isn't "Cinelike D" but" Dynamic Range Cinelike". They are the same thing. ;) In fact when I choose english language Menu shows "Cinelike D". I'm sorry but I don't use Leeming LUT and I'm undecided if I will shoot in "Cinelike D", "Natural" or "Come709". It seems to me that all three are good, but which of the three are better suitable for modifying colors in post production?

I’ve got an idea! Why don’t you shoot a test of all three yourself and tell us which works best for you. 

Why do you think I didn't make it? I made this post because I don't notice differences. I hope you know between the tests and real shots there is an ocean in the middle..... and if Panasonic put these profiles it mean there are some differences albeit minimal. I have GH5 for a very little time and I can't to appreciate those minimal differences compared to people are using GH5 for more time. I hope my answer is satisfactory. ;)

Ok, I have just decided, I will use "Natural" profile with a polarize filter on the GH5 lens.
Now I'm looking for a good polarizer filter with front filter threads so that I can attach a rubber lens hood. I use Leica 12-60 lens. Do you have some suggestions? I thank you.

I have GH5 for 10 months, and I'm testing a good profile from the beginning,  and every time I return to my poured profile like 709 :-) he always has the best skin tone !!! sometimes I also use a vlog if the scene has a high contrast (sun, nature) , I have leeming LUT , but,  like 709 I always won. 

My setting:

like 709 profile /0/-5/-5/-2/0   (knee Point 80 slope 99)

luminance level   16-235

master pedestal level +5