Jump to content
lucabutera

Samsung NX Speed Booster

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, cojocaru27 said:

nice work luca, thx for the effort. May i ask you what happen to the nikon adapter? As you, i have the nikon 50 1.4d lens and i would love to see some updated tests with this lens. What is the status on this one?

Tnx! The NXL speed booster lesn that I built is compatible with Canon, Nikon, m42, exakta, pl and more lenses mount. It's one SB for all lenses!
In these days I will publish progress with nikon lens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cojocaru27 said:

fu*k that's amazing. didn't know it's possible to have one speed booster for them all. keep us posted. thx

Tnx. The EF mount is a big step forward. The factories of adapters should not only build an adapter for all lenses because not economically convenient. But I am an Italian craftsman, then, considering the price, for obvious reasons, will be more expensive than mass-produced in China, I prefer that, who buys a NXL can use it with all the lenses, this is a great advantage because even if you spend a little more you can use it with any lens. In future I adding electronic controls and smart functions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2016 at 6:06 PM, sandro said:

I actually meant that range 24-150 (not 35 mm equivalent). The 18-200 is the only lens available close to that and with AF.

I'm struggling to think of many examples for any system that cover that range.  24-70, plenty, 24-105, a decent number, 28-135 they're around, 24-150!?!  There are some 18-135 lenses that would hit that as an equivalent range, but you say you're looking for that as the APS-C range... so we're looking for a FF lens that's 42- 225ish.  The only things that come to mind are the other superzooms, none of which are optically stellar.  I guess there is the Sony 24-240 FE lens, only a 10x zoom rather than the more typical 20x+ of 18-200.  Fun fact, the 18-200 is the only NX lens that saw production in Japan, makes one wonder if there was any foul play, lol.  It's not missing focus so much in the bright sunlight as it is just that soft at the longer focal lengths, manual focus it, it isn't any sharper.  At 18 the lens is quite decent, but if you only needed the wide end then there's lots of other options.  Go with two lenses, even like the 16-50 PZ and 50-200 combo work out well and are cheaper together.  If you're using it for video it's quite decent, and I guess it's video where having that range in one lens is most useful.  Anyway, the 18-200 is the only lens I have bought for which I'm unsure why I still own it.  Sometimes I think I'll avoid the hassle of taking more lenses and just take the 18-200, give it another chance on a walk... 10 minutes later I'm back home to take two other lenses instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ttbek said:

I'm struggling to think of many examples for any system that cover that range.  24-70, plenty, 24-105, a decent number, 28-135 they're around, 24-150!?!  There are some 18-135 lenses that would hit that as an equivalent range, but you say you're looking for that as the APS-C range... so we're looking for a FF lens that's 42- 225ish.  The only things that come to mind are the other superzooms, none of which are optically stellar.  I guess there is the Sony 24-240 FE lens, only a 10x zoom rather than the more typical 20x+ of 18-200.  Fun fact, the 18-200 is the only NX lens that saw production in Japan, makes one wonder if there was any foul play, lol.  It's not missing focus so much in the bright sunlight as it is just that soft at the longer focal lengths, manual focus it, it isn't any sharper.  At 18 the lens is quite decent, but if you only needed the wide end then there's lots of other options.  Go with two lenses, even like the 16-50 PZ and 50-200 combo work out well and are cheaper together.  If you're using it for video it's quite decent, and I guess it's video where having that range in one lens is most useful.  Anyway, the 18-200 is the only lens I have bought for which I'm unsure why I still own it.  Sometimes I think I'll avoid the hassle of taking more lenses and just take the 18-200, give it another chance on a walk... 10 minutes later I'm back home to take two other lenses instead. 

OK it would have been fun to see a cheap Tamron for the NX :D You're right no super zoom is steller but no one is ad bad as the 18-200mm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cojocaru27 said:

nice work luca, thx for the effort. May i ask you what happen to the nikon adapter? As you, i have the nikon 50 1.4d lens and i would love to see some updated tests with this lens. What is the status on this one?

This is shot with Nikon Nikkor 50mm 1.4 AF + NXL speed booster Prototype.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6. 8. 2016 at 3:38 PM, lucabutera said:

 

A tenth lower and slamming into the sensor, a tenth farther and slammed into the lens.
Find the right setting to infinity focus it seemed impossible, and some moments I was throwing in the towel with canon EF mount to return to Nikon.
All this for 0.05 of a millimeter (Canon EF mount is definitely the final flange focal distance limit).
 

Is the lens really that close to the sensor? Is there any risk of damaging it?
Do you make your own glass or is it repurposed from another speed booster?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, carlic said:

I cant wrap my head around what kind of mount you have in mind that will fit all manufacturers. By replacable flanges maybe?

 

 

no, not all manufacturers. He's doing an ef mount speedbooster adapter. but you can adapt a lot of lenses to ef, like he listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Pavel D Prichystal said:

For less earning people who are interested, could you tell us "expected" price? Just something close to what you have in mind?

Hello Pavel, thank you for your interest.
These days I'm tightening commercial agreements with suppliers of parts and artisans.
I would like to reach a selling price as those metabones 449.00 / $ 499.00 each.
This is a great price considering it is built by hand in Italy and you can mount almost all the best full frame lenses on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

Hello Pavel, thank you for your interest.
These days I'm tightening commercial agreements with suppliers of parts and artisans.
I would like to reach a selling price as those metabones 449.00 / $ 499.00 each.
This is a great price considering it is built by hand in Italy and you can mount almost all the best full frame lenses on the market.

Luca, I am a mechanical engineer from Slovenia and have a lot of connections for cnc part manufacturing since I design industrial machines.
Maybe we can try to work together to possibly cut the price down even more?

I also own an NX1, and have acces to a bunch of canon glass as well.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...