Blackmagic 6K FF Price Drop

BTM_Pix

14 hours ago, kye said:

I'm just guessing of course, but I have noticed that retail tends to prioritise moving units over profit.  I've heard people before say that they'd prefer to be moving units even if it was without any profit margin at all rather than make profit but have very low throughput.  I don't pretend to understand why..

It's usually to free up capital tied up in the stock, generate cash to run the company and pay to manufacture new stock of something that is selling better with higher profit margins. Also retailers may get sales volume-based discounts or bonuses from suppliers which are extra income to them.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/21/2024 at 3:09 PM, Emanuel said:

And now to those who still think this is not possible with this camera...

...let alone the skin tones possible to extract from this combo beauty there ; )

Interesting footage.

a pity there was not enough budget for HIRES cgi.

The entire background is completely blurred and without detail 😂🤣

On 5/21/2024 at 1:58 AM, eatstoomuchjam said:

I'd be glad to add something with my recently-acquired Komodo-X or my C70, but there's no way I'm ever going to refer to my camera as a "beast."  I shot a 48hfp thing with the K-X this last weekend and I definitely want to have more excuses to shoot with it and get comfortable before my next planned shoot in June.

The three of us are a good start. Let's get @mercer enthused to be the first four afficiandos with a great mix of cameras, GX85, F3, both in 8bit goodness plus Komodo Redcode prowess and 5D3 ML glorious 14bit Raw . That should sparkle some further enthusiasm to maybe get someone to film simultaneously with a S5II and S1H each in one hand or to use a Sony EX1 with a 35mm adapter and a nanoflash recorder...:) The latter would be the perfect setup to make camera nerd friends overseas. @IronFilm 🙂

7 hours ago, eatstoomuchjam said:

I would never claim to have any sort of Redcode "prowess."  With the K-X, just like most of my other cameras, I'm kind of a hack.  😉

I think most of us are kind of hacks - it's like Richard Hammond once said while tearing around the test track in some hypercar "this car is so much faster than me!".

I've come to realise that almost all of the magic in a final edit gets there by flowing from the people through the tools to the footage.  This is why I don't feel creatively limited by my GX85.  I'd say that for 50% (or 80% or 95%) of the people on the planet if they were shooting on a GX85 then the limitation on the creativity would still be on the operator and not on the camera.

8 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

The three of us are a good start. Let's get @mercer enthused to be the first four afficiandos with a great mix of cameras, GX85, F3, both in 8bit goodness plus Komodo Redcode prowess and 5D3 ML glorious 14bit Raw . That should sparkle some further enthusiasm to maybe get someone to film simultaneously with a S5II and S1H each in one hand or to use a Sony EX1 with a 35mm adapter and a nanoflash recorder...:) The latter would be the perfect setup to make camera nerd friends overseas. @IronFilm 🙂

Actually, @mercer has recently become acquainted with a camcorder that has rather captured his attention.... 

8 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I still have my OG pocket from the great sale of 2014! 

Blackmagic Design is still today what RED was not completely able to deliver at least to the wildest expectations, the true indie cinema camera is theirs.

RED is nowadays mainstream and a guess, since Nikon has bought the brand. Better than any unknown hands, IMO Jim and Jarred honoured their commitment with this industry. Made a maninstream camera company anyway. And the purchase by Nikon only proves it.

Hope Blackmagic will stand at our side though. Reason why I usually tend to buy any great sale signed by them. On the due course, again as of now when I write these lines. I even believe every indie should have no reason to not have one if not a few of their unique offer. Who else? No one else.

- EAG :- )

6 hours ago, kye said:

Actually, @mercer has recently become acquainted with a camcorder that has rather captured his attention.... 

13 hours ago, eatstoomuchjam said:

I would never claim to have any sort of Redcode "prowess."  With the K-X, just like most of my other cameras, I'm kind of a hack.  😉

All good, though I personally would love to see some 5D3 prowess and some Komodo in the wild:) Now, how we gonna start it anyway?:)

5 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Now, how we gonna start it anyway?:)

Do we all want to shoot a single theme/genre?  Come up with a single script that we all shoot in our own styles?  Seems like there should be something to tie them all together - if not, what is there to make it different from what we'd all normally be shooting anyway?

• 2 weeks later...