1. nahua

nahua

• Similar Content

• By Grégory LEROY
      Hello,
      I've noticed a change in color temperature when I tweak the contrast setting on my Nikon D5500.
      I set the WB manually, same WB setting for both camera and here is the result:
      Standard Nikon color profile, Contrast 0, sharpness 0:

Nikon standard profile Contrast  -4, sharpness -4, contrast and sharpness edited in premiere afterward, but I didn't tweak the color temperature at all:

H
      How do you explain that the 2nd picture is more yellowish? Does tweaking the contrast level in camera impact the WB?
      I prefer the 1st picture look (Nikon standard profile), as a result I don't touch my image setting anymore.
    • By mechanicalEYE
      Tiffen Ultra Contrast 3 Filter 67mm ( for sale )  EXCELLENT condition. No Issues...   30.00 shipped OBO with in USA.
    • Guest a6cba463b7b6f059de127c1b121c0c78
      By Guest a6cba463b7b6f059de127c1b121c0c78
      I'm not talking about 4K downscaled - just native 1080. Obviously the GH4 has higher bitrates and ALL-I, but I could swear the stuff I'm seeing from the GX7 has less moire and/or aliasing than GH4HD, and is possibly a tad sharper too? 

I can't find any direct comparisons online. Does anyone have any experience or an opinion on this?
    • By LunyAlex
      Good Day!

I'm new to the site and new to video work, but I've been lurking around the forums and Review Articles for a while now, trying to figure out what camera I should pick.

While totally new to serious videography, I've been doing photography and very light video on the side for about 6 years, so I wouldn't say I'm blind to the more enthusiast thresholds of acceptable quality.

With that in mind, I've narrowed it down to two models. Well... one. Two. Maybe just one. Possibly two. 

GX7.
      Or GH3. 

Currently I'm heavily leaning towards the GX7 as:

- I assume focus peaking for someone that isn't trained in the art of manual focusing would be nothing short of magical(?).
      - I will not be needing high quality external audio (for the foreseeable future) (I'll probably mostly be doing artsy montages with music on top,heh...).
      But I've seen the GH3 recommended over the GX7 for video quite a few times because of:

- Bitrate
      - Codec

I have read Mr. Reid's (predominantly positive) thoughts on the GX7 and that strongly weighed into me currently leaning towards it. 

My question is:

Has anyone who has tried both the GX7 and a more codec-competent (higher bitrate) solution ever been strongly frustrated with the former at any point?

Like going "THAT WAS THE PERFECT SHOT! GOD HIMSELF PARTED THE SKIES AND UNLEASHED THE MOST HEAVENLY RAYS OF LIGHT THAT DUCK HAS EVER SEEN. YOU HAD - ONE JOB! " when you came home to realize that the water ripples in your perfect shot created the occasional blocky codec artifact? 

I guess my question can mostly be boiled down to "Bitrate Vs. Focus Peaking". I hope it isn't overly redundant. 

Any advice and personal input would be really really appreciated. Like...

...this much > [                                                                                                                                                                         ]
    • By Nini
      Hiya Guys!

I'm new to this forum and will try to be as clear as possible. :)

I'm about to buy new gear for videography pretty soon and have already chosen to go for the GH4,
      that i will use with these lenses : Voigtlander Nokton MF 35mm f/1.4 (77mm with crop factor), Nikkor 35mm DX (56mm with speedbooster), Nikkor 50mm FX (80mm with sb) and a Nikkor 18-55mm DX (28,8-88mm with sb).    I applied a 2,2 crop factor for Voigtlander lenses and 1,6 for the Nikon ones (DX and FX). Is this correct? I keep seeing different crop factors all over the internet.    The main use will be documentary and travel videography, so I'm trying to get good and sharp gear easy to travel with as I'll be shooting alone or with only one person.  I've read several threads on the eoshd forum, reviews... and still have a few questions concerning ND filters.    It seems like I should get a variable ND filter with a 77 or 82mm diameter. The max budget for the filters (one VND or filter system) would be 300/400 US dollars tops.    - would you recommend a VND filter rather than a filter-system + ND filters for my use? - my Nokton diameter is 43mm, do you know if a step up ring 43-82 mm or 43-77mm exists? I couldn't find one over the internet.  - if you faced this problem, did you find a solution?  - would I get vignetting on corners with wide lenses even with the crop factor?  - Reviews seem to highlight the Heliopan and Tiffen VND, are there massive pros for one rather than the other?    I'm sorry for this long post! One question always seems to lead to another one...  Thank you very much to those who will read and answer me :)  And a huge thank you to all other posts and people in the forum for the previous topics that helped me.  Woooo!