Sign in to follow this  
Rungunshoot

Barcelona with a Magical Twist [5dmkIII raw 48fps]

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hah, that was super trippy. Very effective trick.

Did you try reclaiming some color from those harsh orange lights? I can see the footage was graded but I know trying to get anything from under high pressure sodium can be a pain.

Also, could you shoot continuous at 48fps? If I remember correctly, 45 fps at 1080 is the max sustained writing speed from the CF port.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Inspiring stuff. :)

Hah, that was super trippy. Very effective trick.

Did you try reclaiming some color from those harsh orange lights? I can see the footage was graded but I know trying to get anything from under high pressure sodium can be a pain.

Also, could you shoot continuous at 48fps? If I remember correctly, 45 fps at 1080 is the max sustained writing speed from the CF port.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Inspiring stuff. :)

Thanks, I was able to color balance the streetlights if I wanted, but it was a little washed-out looking.  I chose to keep the hue golden as a grade.

The 48p was a little dicey.  I was able to shoot something like 1920x500 vertical anamorphic, which I then stretched in post to 1920x818 (2.35:1).  Sometimes the camera would randomly quit if write speed dipped a bit and I lost a frame.

It sure is a lot easier on the CF cards to shoot 2:35 rather than 16x9, though.  I think I get like 50% more record time as well.

This is ridiculously good, very impressed. Did you get a lot of folks asking why you were filming her walking backwards through the city? I haven't ever seen the effect used this well.

And I've always thought RAW looked pretty good, but this is a whole other league.

Thanks, man! Nobody cared, actually. We probably just looked like tourists goofing around.  She did hit a few people on accident, but they took it in stride. Barcelona is a really chill city.  

The grading was a little tricky for the dusk stuff; I was trying to preserve the natural colors while giving it a little more teal and purple in the mids/shadows.   The nighttime stuff wasn't altered a whole lot...just some highlight/shadow compression, vignetting, and a bit of purple in the shadows.