Some sad personal news, and a note on the future

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ciao Andrew, this news really touched me a lot, believe me it really makes me angry to hear about cancer at a young age. I'm very sorry. I'm sure you won't like what I'm about to say, feel free to insult me or kick me out of this forum . What i am about to say doesn't fit your beliefs and many others here. Many people are dying during this time for cancer and heart diseases. Many of these die because of the Covid vaccine, all this obviously is hidden by the politics ,media and especially by  doctors. I understand that this is unacceptable and that not everyone has the means to discern this type of information. Did your sister get the vaccines? If I were you I would dig it more on this topic.

• Administrators
On 10/6/2022 at 4:41 AM, kaylee said:

I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I lost the love of my life to cancer in Jan and it's still really hard to think about, let alone talk about, let alone write about

I'm so sorry andrew

Very sorry to hear that Kaylee

Tough times.

Hope you have plenty of support. You certainly do here.

Long to live in a world where the science community have cured cancer... They're making great progress. One day it'll happen.

On 10/9/2022 at 7:27 AM, Cosimo said:

I'm sure you won't like what I'm about to say

There's a time and a place for everything, right? 

For instance, my family just got word that my 20 year old nephew has Hodgkin's--Anyone telling my family they can't "discern" things, for whatever reason, would be rather unwelcome.

Please, let's all try to be kind, empathetic, and aware.

Cancer has literally taken away everyone I have ever loved the most. First it took my Grammy, then it took my Papa, then it took my Mom, and earlier this year it took one of my pups. To say that I hate it with all of my heart would be an understatement. 

Hearing how many people talk about how it has impacted them breaks my heart. I hope I'm alive to see the day when we finally beat this disease. It won't bring our loved ones back, but if it'll make sure no one has to feel how the way I did holding my Mom's hands as she slowly

Terrible.

When I lost a friend to suicide some years ago I found comfort and a way to grief in Sufjan Steven’s “Carrie and Lowell” album which is about him dealing with the loss of his mother. It gave me a space to confront the sorrow in a non-intellectualised way.

I’m not here to give you a solution or anything like that. But it helped me.

Hang in there. 

55 minutes ago, Alexis Fontana said:

Terrible.

When I lost a friend to suicide some years ago I found comfort and a way to grief in Sufjan Steven’s “Carrie and Lowell” album which is about him dealing with the loss of his mother. It gave me a space to confront the sorrow in a non-intellectualised way.

I’m not here to give you a solution or anything like that. But it helped me.

Hang in there. 

Sufjan Stevens is underrated.

Cancer has also wiped out members of my family and friends. It's even more tragic when it happens at such an age, my heart goes out to you and your family Andrew. 

I also know people who beat it, including a young woman who had all odds against her. I don't want to give false hope or anything as every case is different but you do have stronger chances when you are younger. Try and keep her morale up as best you can even if the circumstances are dire are the only words of advice I can give. Stay strong.

• Administrators

It's thought of a rare disease but is anything but. Looking at the stories on here breaks my heart even more than it is already. So much loss and suffering because of no cure. The best we can do is stay positive and put our faith in the medical professionals who are making so much progress. Already there's a lot they can do for early stage cancer and certain types, compared to what would have been the case even just 20 years ago. The NHS did their best for Zara but it was not to be. I am genuinely scared of what the future holds if we do not start living in a more healthy environment. Huge businesses are playing Russian roulette with our food, our water, our air. If we don't do something to hold them to account in a big way this planet is finished.