Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I removed/unscrewed the spiral for projection use which reveals a 50mm thread, then its a 52-50 step down ring then into a helicoid which you can buy here 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M52-to-M42-Adjustable-Focusing-Helicoid-35mm-90mm-35-90mm-35mm-to-90mm-Adapter-/170840812847?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item27c6e7ed2f

Then just add some M42 extension tubes depending on the camera, for mirrorless you will need size 1 + 2.

The tripod mount ring is padded with some rubber strips cut from a sheet so its nice and sturdy.for this 4 inch front optic

This lens is part of a family which mount the same way, the set is 

1 ISCO Ultra AV F3.5 200-300mm purchased in England for £20 
2 ISCO Cinelux AV F3.5 110-200mm purchased in Germany for €14 
3 ISCO AV F3.5 60-110mm purchased in US for $11 

so the helicoid gets a lot of use as well as for other lenses....

The lenses suffer from PF in high contrast areas which is easy to remove in post, see the 1:1 pixel below. The image is pretty good at 1080p

big_5754_crop4_1.jpg

Just curious if anyone has used the the m42->m43 speedbooster clones and tried out, say, the Tair 11A or Mir 20 f/2.5?

I've got the M42-m43 speedbooster from jinfinance & it works with all my M42 lenses:

Super Taks 35mm & 55mm

Mir 24M, Mir-1B

Helios 44-2 & Helios 40-2

Tair 11a

Jupiter 9 & 37a

I'm selling my set of Yashica ML / Carl Zeiss Prime lenses with metal lenses hoods and flight case.

24mm f2.8
28mm f2.8
35mm f2.8
50mm f2.0
50mm f1.7
80mm Carl Zeiss Biometar f2.8 Pentacon 6 mount comes with P6- Canon EOS adaptor.
135mm Bell and Howell C/Y Mount  f2.8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231262287913?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Yashica ML primes are some of the most sought-after vintage manual focus lenses.
widely regarded as Carl Zeiss Distagon Equivilants the Yashica ML prime lenses are superb for Cinematography.
The ML series was the pro line of Multicoated lenses developed and produced by Yashica (Kyocera), to sit between their consumer grade DSB line and the state-of-the-art Zeiss T* within the Contax / Yashica system.
According to 'Lens Doctor' Eddie Houston, these lenses were the 'L-series of the era'
Being 35mm format lenses, they cover Full Frame (Canon 5D, 1D, 6D etc.)
They perform extremely well even at wide open aperture when used on a 'crop frame' system.

180+ degree focus throw allows for accurate control - ideal for cinematography use with a Follow Focus kit.

The set includes the Carl Zeiss Biometar, this is a superb legendary lens very sharp and used on Hollywood Movies as it is so good (it is a very sharp fast medium format lens)

180+ degree focus throw allows for accurate control - ideal for cinematography use with a Follow Focus kit.
Included here are:

these lenses are full metal casings - no cheap plastic like kit lenses.
all have full metal lens hoods added - these just screw on the front and help stop lens flare - and large lens caps for the front hoods (see pics)
rear lens caps are also included

The set comes in a aluminium flight case

PM me if you are interested I will do a reduced price for EOSHD members.

Was poking around for a deal on one of these 35-70s, stumbled upon a relatively unspoken gem (or so the critics claim) that is the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8.

The Nikon version has an aperture dial, runs about the same price as that Nikkor zoom I mentioned, yet has a larger useful range and has been compared optically to the Canon L of this type. Its no 50-150, but for the price I'd be crazy to pass this mid-range up!

Just wanted to follow up on this. Apparently there are 2 versions of the Tamron, one with a gold ring (black letters) that was made in Japan, and another one that is black with gold letters, made in China. Don't get the black one!

I've got the M42-m43 speedbooster from jinfinance & it works with all my M42 lenses:

Super Taks 35mm & 55mm

Mir 24M, Mir-1B

Helios 44-2 & Helios 40-2

Tair 11a

Jupiter 9 & 37a

I figured they'd work, I was unclear with my question, sorry. How do they look, what with the reduced crop factor and the extra stop.. Are they worth playing with?   :)

I figured they'd work, I was unclear with my question, sorry. How do they look, what with the reduced crop factor and the extra stop.. Are they worth playing with?   :)

As you know the Russain lenses aren't perfect, but that's what gives them their character. And yes, you get [some of] that character back with this type of cheap speedbooster simply because you have a reduced crop factor - its still m43 size, but its better than S16 in terms of how much of the lens is used.

For video they are perfect & i'm not an anal pixel peeper, so i haven't even bothered trying to see if they are soft at the edges. They probably are a little bit, but i don't care as the images look lovely & no one ever looks at the edges of a shot/screen anyhow.

I'm selling one of my sets of Canon FD prime lenses in flight case with full metal lens hoods

ALL LENSES IN SUPERB CONDITION GLASS LIKE NEW - VERY CLEAR AND SHARP

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231268544693?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Included are:

24mm f2.8
28mm f2.8
35mm f2.8
50mm f2.0 - great outside at night for completely round bokeh in the out of focus areas.
50mm f1.8
35-70mm f4 constant apperture

Canon FD - Micro 4/3 adaptor is included

all have full metal lens hoods added - these just screw on the front and help stop lens flare - and large lens caps for the front hoods (see pics)
rear lens caps are also included
No lens hood for 35-70mm f4 zoom as it is internal focus zoom - lens remains constant length when zooming and filter thread zooms inside lens at certain zoom settings.

The set comes in a aluminium flight case

PM me if you are interested

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with manual focusing on the Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4? Is the speed constant? As in, it doesnt focus faster or slower based on how fast you turn the ring? And what is the degree of the throw?

Also I know that a 24mm lens on APS-C has the same field of view as a 35mm on full frame, but does it have the same compression?

Also, is there any way to create a hard infinity focus stop for modern lenses such as the Sigma 18-35mm?

Also, how does one add a follow focus gear to a lens that has grooves on the focus ring? eg. '>

Dilemma: To sell or not to sell my Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8 for video

I have a Sigma 18-35 and a Tokina 11-16. Both Nikon mount, used with a SpeedBooster on a BMPCC. I never found the need to pick up the 14-24 after purchasing these lenses, especially considering how big and heavy that thing is. If I sell it I could use it for critical upgrades (such as audio-related gear). But I hear all over that and agree that the 14-24 is one of, if not the best wide angle lens available. Should I sell it? Or stick with my current audio set up consisting of a zoom, H1, H2n, and an Audio Technica lav mic.