Andrew Reid

Lenses

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Andy, I think the difference between the RJ and Mitakon pretty much depends on lenses in question as I have seen examples suggesting otherwise.

I have now adapted my Planar 50mm f1.7 MMJ with Leitax EF mount and it is rock solid with zero play and more importantly becomes a very well balanced lens on my GX7.

This is a frame from a clip of a friend that I've shot during a train journey. It was handheld so the focus may not be perfect. F-stop was f4 I believe. To me, the sharpness is perfect as I don't like too sharp images. In fact, next time, I might dial down the sharpness in camera to make it slightly soft on faces.

Light_Grade.jpg

The only problem I have with the lens is that it flares so you definitely need a lens hood. In this particular clip, the flare turned out to be filmic and I quite liked it but it may not always be the case.

@Inazuma, how much did you pay for the import taxes on that lens?

I have 2 Lens Turbos and 1 RJ , both Lens Turbos out perform the RJ

the Tokina works very well with the Lens Turbo - fully open the extra sharpness off the Lens Turbo makes 2.8 on the Tokina 28-70 sharper

I have some Yashica ML lenses which I like very much (28, 35, 50, 135mm and a 35-70mm).

My camera is a G6. I' would like to get a Metabone Speedbooster C/Y > MFT, but have read somewhere a guy having some troubles fitting one of his Yashica ML's to the Metabone, - something about the rear glass of the lens protruding to much as far as I remember.

Anybody here who knows about this?

you can do it a different way thats easier

get a canon EF metabones and then add a contax yashica to canon ef metal adaptor ring to the back of your Yashica lenses

The Canon speedbooster more useful as you can addapt may makes of lenses to it

you can do it a different way thats easier

get a canon EF metabones and then add a contax yashica to canon ef metal adaptor ring to the back of your Yashica lenses

The Canon speedbooster more useful as you can addapt may makes of lenses to it

Fast response, thanks :-)

Will this do the trick? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-Yashica-CY-C-Y-Lens-to-Canon-EOS-EF-mount-Camera-Adapter-30D-40D-50D-60D-/261011166044?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item3cc57a535c

I worry a bit about focus at infinity, - do you Andy, know of a specific adaptor ring that works without issues?

you cannot fit yashica lenses on  NIKON mount/ speedbooster / lens turbo  of any make as the flange focal distance of the nikon mount is too great

okay, that excludes the Nikon mount then.

Do you use your Yashica glasses on the LensTurbo with a C/Y > Canon EF adapter ring without any issues? My main concern is focus. And has the blue spot issue with the LT been solved ?

Do you use your Yashica glasses on the LensTurbo with a C/Y > Canon EF adapter ring without any issues? My main concern is focus. And has the blue spot issue with the LT been solved ?

yes thats how I use them , no focus issues at all , and blue/purple shot only very rarely turns up under extreme front lighting conditions

I have to shine a Red Head directly at it on axis to make it flare up , and if that happens just move 10cm left or right and it goes

I've been shooting a lot on set with these with complex lighting setups lighting models and its not caused any problems , the Lens Turbo is great I now have 2 and use one on each G6 camera all the time , faster , sharper , wider is great to work with!

Just got a Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 and I'm in love with it so far. The Rokinon 16mm f/2.0 is next on my list. I've been using mostly FD lenses and the Panasonic 14mm (sold it recently), which never matched well, so I figured it was about time to invest in better glass.