RAW Video on a Smartphone

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's a pity that this Binned mode is poor - useful when we use, for example, Davinci with a small amount of VRAM - then there is a difference when we load video shots in 4K or smaller 1080p.

It would be nice if it was possible to convert .MCRAW to DNG with the option to reduce the DNG resolution during conversion - but I don't see it and DNGs are always in the resolution we recorded.

I really like this program, the effects are amazing 🙂
Here's 1+8Pro in very low light, with high contrast - nice grain comes out - recorded on binned 1080 and upscaled to 4k so that YT doesn't "eat" the grain 🙂

Merry Christmas anyone. Merry Christmas Emanuel. A little question between the merry joys of the this time of the year:) Have you been continuing to use RAW recording on your phone after the first joys of pocket cinema quality? Or has it been just a sneak peak into a curiosity for you? @Emanuel

On 12/22/2023 at 6:47 AM, FHDcrew said:

I literally think it is just soft because it is a binned image. This always tends to be the case even on large sensor cams. 

Pinned HD on GH2,3,4 and G6,7 is very nice. G7 providing my favourite HD image even over the GH5 when it comes to textures, high resolution and  absence of digital oversharpness.

5 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Merry Christmas anyone. Merry Christmas Emanuel. A little question between the merry joys of the this time of the year:) Have you been continuing to use RAW recording on your phone after the first joys of pocket cinema quality? Or has it been just a sneak peak into a curiosity for you? @Emanuel

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all and in particular you Marty : ) To reply your wondering, two negative findings have placed me on hold about this one for now so far:

reliability and storage limitations of these mobile devices for such hungry memory requirements, at least the few I've tested, among them my mostly used OnePlus 9 Pro... the personal mobile phone of daily usage.

25 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

@PannySVHS yet... As soon as I will have other Android devices in hands I will test the app with, for sure ; )

Those LG (the V50 model for example) you've mentioned look to fulfill the cup on budget though, as for instance in this sample:

Interesting example.  Images look really good, handled mixed lighting really well, low light very well too, and some shots would be indistinguishable from a Sony flagship camera if the DoF was shallower.  Pity it was uploaded only at 1080p and not 4K - the extra bitrate from YT would have shown the image much better.

I noticed that smartphones have huge differences in terms of sensor sensitivity - for example, the scene is set to 1/24 and ISO 3200 on Motorola Fusion+, to have exactly this exposure on Motorola One Zoom I have to set ISO 640 at 1/24 🙂 I don't know what there is a difference, but clearly the One Zoom sensor is much more sensitive (about three times).