Sigma FP flip screen mod

TiiPii

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Looks great. I think I'll do it when they are up and running with final version in September.

It looks like you have to send it to them ?

It would be good if they supplied it as a kit as your local phone repair/screen replacement shop would have the tools and skills to fit these.

• Administrators

I like it so much I am tempted to send it in. Will have to find a way to check they are trustworthy and ensure it comes back without a whacking great tax bill.

It would be good if they supplied it as a kit, I am handy with a screwdriver and could probably do it myself. If the ribbon cable doesn't snap that is.

Wonder if we ask nicely enough they will send the parts?

Kit would be really nice. Maybe we can try and contact the source and ask to make a kit version also. I would imagine removing the screen is the trickiest part as it's probably glued, so it needs heating and suction cupping/prying. After that it's probably quite straightforward. But I have no idea. Here's a link to FP teardown: https://www.filmaker.cn/thread-113294-1-1.html?fbclid=IwAR09XfPp7o4Fygmqqp5ba5TPBoSmkg6JFnYkTkObvb5scDXHaHYSEXcxb8U

The screen assembly and the back of the camera removed. Hopefully only the screen needs removing with the mod.

115450l98e9q9z86nifi6l.jpg

• Super Members

According to the page, its 1500Yen which is about £11.

Pretty sure they'd make far more money even if it was £30 as a kit.

The shipping costs will be far more than that and yes you will likely have to pay import duty to get it back.

Far better if that money went into the pockets of the creator rather than UPS and the HMRC.

1 minute ago, BTM_Pix said:

According to the page, its 1500Yen which is about £11.

Pretty sure they'd make far more money even if it was £30 as a kit.

The shipping costs will be far more than that and yes you will likely have to pay import duty to get it back.

Far better if that money went into the pockets of the creator rather than UPS and the HMRC.

It''s Yuan I believe, not Yen.

my canon 60 d has an articulating screen, that thing has to be nearly ten years old, surely a flippy screen has to be mandatory in 2020 ?  apparently not !!

maybe youtubing isn't considered a legitimate use of a cinema camera over at bmd or sigma 🙄

although i'd have to venture that a flippy screen, has more uses, than just youtube. Rant over, i'll go back to playing with my fvd16a now 

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:14 PM, Andrew Reid said:

I like it so much I am tempted to send it in. Will have to find a way to check they are trustworthy and ensure it comes back without a whacking great tax bill.

It would be good if they supplied it as a kit, I am handy with a screwdriver and could probably do it myself. If the ribbon cable doesn't snap that is.

Wonder if we ask nicely enough they will send the parts?

You go first, test it out and then be the importer and fixer for Europe 🙂

When I get mine (hopefully next month), I can then send it to you as it's the number one thing I'd like to see.