Jinni.Tech vs. RED Part 4 (1hr long)

Anaconda_

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Reduser still going on about how if Red cameras are just a pile of commodity parts then why don’t more companies do it which if they ignored their doublethink they would realize other companies are and that this isn’t at all the argument jinni is making. The mental gymnastics is 10/10.

We still can’t discredit the image quality from these devices, but the whole thing is that RED is unethical! Point blank period. All of their claims about how their camera came to fruition, which we know by now and no need to repeat, are false. Sure they researched the best off the shelves products and amalgamated it to a durable chassis and  I totally get capitalism, but this feels like thievery. 

RED is overrated but I could say the same for Arri, though at least an Alexa is reliable. 

On 9/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, Shaocaholica said:

Reduser still going on about how if Red cameras are just a pile of commodity parts then why don’t more companies do it which if they ignored their doublethink they would realize other companies are and that this isn’t at all the argument jinni is making. The mental gymnastics is 10/10.

Hello Black magic ?

1 minute ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

RED is overrated but I could say the same for Arri, though at least an Alexa is reliable. 

Hello Black magic ?

Not really, Arri never lied about their sensor, they still lead technological developments, from light, to lenses, to camera, to gimbals.

I m a blackmagic user (ursa mini G2), but it took almost 10 years for other companies to do something almost as good as Arri.

I don t think they are overrated, they are just not accessible to the mass. 

1 hour ago, Laurier said:

Not really, Arri never lied about their sensor, they still lead technological developments, from light, to lenses, to camera, to gimbals.

I m a blackmagic user (ursa mini G2), but it took almost 10 years for other companies to do something almost as good as Arri.

I don t think they are overrated, they are just not accessible to the mass. 

I never said Arri lied just that its a bit overrated IMHO. I think the gap is closing in terms of the advantage you have buying an ARRI outside of name brand demand, in comparison to say an URSA mini. I think in the next couple of years there will be no advantage at all at least in terms of specs.

None of this helps RED but they'll survive this. Worse case scenario they lose their patent and/or their ability to keep third parties from releasing alternative accessories. Their user base is very loyal and ultimately they still have incredible cameras. They may be forced to change business, but they won't be out of business. 

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

RED forged a brand name. Is there anyone here to consider the (high) value of it?

They made history in the digital revolution age.

They'll stand in the business, obviously, they'll only have to adapt themselves : ) It is even nonsense to think otherwise... : -)

Survive yes but keep charging 30,000-60,000 maybe not. That goes the same for every camera company though. 

• 10 months later...