Andrew Reid

EOSHD Opinion - The Sony A6400 is an absolute turkey

1 hour ago, Jesse Maxson said:

We need to think of this as an upgrade to the a6000 as opposed to a disappointing new offering from Sony.  The a6000 was and still is a great camera.  A compact and lightweight APSC cam that takes great pics and nice 1080p

It's an A6300 upgrade. It even has the same sensor.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

in the US it might be somewhat interesting, here in Europe it's 1050€. https://www.amazon.fr/Sony-ILCE-6400-Numérique-Autofocus-Ultra-Rapide/dp/B07MW8GTYD  

that's nearly 1200$. And for that you get an old sensor with very bad rolling shutter, 8bit only, 30p only and bitrates still stuck 100Mbps. That might have been interesting in 2016 when the A6300 was released, but in 2019 it's not. 

18 minutes ago, Jesse Maxson said:

Sure, but it's also an a6000 / a5100 upgrade.

Its a successor to the A6300 by number and specs. 

I mean I think I get what you are saying. If you only had an A6000 or maybe even no Sony at all, the A6400 is quite good. Its a bit dissapointing if you are upgrading from an A6500 or A6300. However it is a camera I'd recommend to people. The auto focus is amazing and it has updated A7III color. Not a bad camera.