Jump to content
Andrew Reid

I WILL be getting a Fuji X-T3!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Cameramoto said:

I have a great deal of fun in Davinci grading F-log footage. The 10 bit files are really flexible. And most of all, since it's a 6k sensor downsizing the image to a 4k size, THE DETAILS... Just Jaw dropping. So until now it's been a great weapon. Technology moves so fast. It's kinda ridiculous to be working with such a small body. But whatever. I just need to slap a mattebox and a cage, a mic and VOILA! It's client friendly!

 

 

Good to know, thanks! How accurate is the WB? With some cameras, specifically the G7, even the Kelvin settings felt a little off. Ever since I started shooting Raw, I’ve become spoiled with my post WB options.

I just watched one of that Caleb guy’s videos where he rigged out a GH5s. With a battery grip, a cage, a top and side handle, it really added some heft to the camera seemingly making handheld more smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, thephoenix said:

what kind of shoot ? i think af needs to be set differently based on what you are shooting.

 

Just a continuous gimbal shot where the focus had to change a lot. Probably did the shot 6 times before switching to multi and it nailed it right away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, androidlad said:

@Attila Bakos This video seems to highlight the colour shift issue you mentioned on liftgammagain forum.

Ah, so this is still an issue. The guy's conlusion that the shift is caused by less color information in the H265 is off, but I see you already addressed it in the comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Attila Bakos said:

Ah, so this is still an issue. The guy's conlusion that the shift is caused by less color information in the H265 is off, but I see you already addressed it in the comments.

What was your solution in the end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

A simple one, I sold my X-T2 and the Video Assist 4K 😄 Not for this reason though. Unfortunately I can't remember if I applied a conversion or just ignored the issue.

But you got an X-T3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, androidlad said:

But you got an X-T3?

Yes, but I don't miss 4:2:2 at all with this camera, so I'm not facing issues like this guy does. Just checked the liftgammagain forum and apparently my conclusion was that the latest Resolve & Premiere are fine, there was no difference between in camera and external recordings. But seeing this video this is not true anymore, at least not for the X-T3 & the Ninja V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Attila Bakos said:

Yes, but I don't miss 4:2:2 at all with this camera, so I'm not facing issues like this guy does. Just checked the liftgammagain forum and apparently my conclusion was that the latest Resolve & Premiere are fine, there was no difference between in camera and external recordings. But seeing this video this is not true anymore, at least not for the X-T3 & the Ninja V.

I'm beginning to think this issue could be linked to the magenta banding issue as well.

X-T3 F-log and film sim files (both H.264/H.265) still have BT.709/601/601 tags. HLG mode however has full BT.2020/HLG/BT.2020 tags. This could affect how the files are decoded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, androidlad said:

I'm beginning to think this issue could be linked to the magenta banding issue as well.

X-T3 F-log and film sim files (both H.264/H.265) still have BT.709/601/601 tags. HLG mode however has full BT.2020/HLG/BT.2020 tags. This could affect how the files are decoded.

The magenta banding was horrible on the X-T2, but I didn't see it yet on the X-T3. I remember your post so I know that it's still there, but it might be manageable. Do you have a downloadable MOV with the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we assume that the HEVC is displayed correctly, then applying this conversion to the Ninja V Prores file will do the trick:

ffmpeg -i input.mov -vf scale=in_color_matrix=bt709:out_color_matrix=bt601 -colorspace bt709 -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 2 -c:a copy output.mov

I used level 2 (normal) compression. Use level 3 for HQ. I don't know if you can do this without recompression. Also commented this on youtube.

EDIT:

There's also an easier fix, download this LUT pack: http://www.pantarheon.org/601vs709luts.zip
Then apply Rec601ToRec709.cube on the Ninja footage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Attila Bakos

It's a little bit off topic but not too much because the XT3 can be powered by Anker batteries. Here is the solution I found to hold my battery: 

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00X752FNA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 + cable tie

After just attach it to any monitor or LED holder mount.

Curious to know if someone has found another solution?

IMG_6561.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BrunoCH said:

@Attila Bakos

It's a little bit off topic but not too much because the XT3 can be powered by Anker batteries. Here is the solution I found to hold my battery: 

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00X752FNA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 + cable tie

After just attach it to any monitor or LED holder mount.

Curious to know if someone has found another solution?

IMG_6561.jpg

Looks good, I use this phone holder until I get something better: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32797019174.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spider=y&productId=32797019174&productSubject=Ulanzi-IRON-MAN-II-Aluminum-Metal-Smartphone-Tripod-Mount-with-Cold-Shoe-Mount-Cell-Phone-Tripod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 8:55 AM, thephoenix said:

 

So basically nothing since the initial firmware (I've tried on Photokina last year) and an external recorder doesn't help either and H265 doesn't cause waxy skin with little to no definition and temporal noise reduction fighting against any signs of texture. Well - if you like it, it's all yours... So disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did a couple shots yesterday with my "new" helios 44-4 and an m42-fx adapter.

i was surprised to see the screen, and the evf when i was lookinf threw it, lagging big time at some moments.

didn't lagg when was recording, at least not on screen, i hope all is ok since i haven't watched the rushes yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...