Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

10 hours ago, Cameramoto said:

I have a great deal of fun in Davinci grading F-log footage. The 10 bit files are really flexible. And most of all, since it's a 6k sensor downsizing the image to a 4k size, THE DETAILS... Just Jaw dropping. So until now it's been a great weapon. Technology moves so fast. It's kinda ridiculous to be working with such a small body. But whatever. I just need to slap a mattebox and a cage, a mic and VOILA! It's client friendly!

Good to know, thanks! How accurate is the WB? With some cameras, specifically the G7, even the Kelvin settings felt a little off. Ever since I started shooting Raw, I’ve become spoiled with my post WB options.

I just watched one of that Caleb guy’s videos where he rigged out a GH5s. With a battery grip, a cage, a top and side handle, it really added some heft to the camera seemingly making handheld more smooth.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, androidlad said:

But you got an X-T3?

Yes, but I don't miss 4:2:2 at all with this camera, so I'm not facing issues like this guy does. Just checked the liftgammagain forum and apparently my conclusion was that the latest Resolve & Premiere are fine, there was no difference between in camera and external recordings. But seeing this video this is not true anymore, at least not for the X-T3 & the Ninja V.

1 minute ago, Attila Bakos said:

Yes, but I don't miss 4:2:2 at all with this camera, so I'm not facing issues like this guy does. Just checked the liftgammagain forum and apparently my conclusion was that the latest Resolve & Premiere are fine, there was no difference between in camera and external recordings. But seeing this video this is not true anymore, at least not for the X-T3 & the Ninja V.

I'm beginning to think this issue could be linked to the magenta banding issue as well.

X-T3 F-log and film sim files (both H.264/H.265) still have BT.709/601/601 tags. HLG mode however has full BT.2020/HLG/BT.2020 tags. This could affect how the files are decoded.

2 minutes ago, androidlad said:

I'm beginning to think this issue could be linked to the magenta banding issue as well.

X-T3 F-log and film sim files (both H.264/H.265) still have BT.709/601/601 tags. HLG mode however has full BT.2020/HLG/BT.2020 tags. This could affect how the files are decoded.

The magenta banding was horrible on the X-T2, but I didn't see it yet on the X-T3. I remember your post so I know that it's still there, but it might be manageable. Do you have a downloadable MOV with the issue?

If we assume that the HEVC is displayed correctly, then applying this conversion to the Ninja V Prores file will do the trick:

ffmpeg -i input.mov -vf scale=in_color_matrix=bt709:out_color_matrix=bt601 -colorspace bt709 -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 2 -c:a copy output.mov

I used level 2 (normal) compression. Use level 3 for HQ. I don't know if you can do this without recompression. Also commented this on youtube.

EDIT:

There's also an easier fix, download this LUT pack: http://www.pantarheon.org/601vs709luts.zip
Then apply Rec601ToRec709.cube on the Ninja footage.

@Attila Bakos

It's a little bit off topic but not too much because the XT3 can be powered by Anker batteries. Here is the solution I found to hold my battery: 

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00X752FNA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 + cable tie

After just attach it to any monitor or LED holder mount.

Curious to know if someone has found another solution?

IMG_6561.jpg

25 minutes ago, BrunoCH said:

@Attila Bakos

It's a little bit off topic but not too much because the XT3 can be powered by Anker batteries. Here is the solution I found to hold my battery: 

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00X752FNA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 + cable tie

After just attach it to any monitor or LED holder mount.

Curious to know if someone has found another solution?

IMG_6561.jpg

Looks good, I use this phone holder until I get something better: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32797019174.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spider=y&productId=32797019174&productSubject=Ulanzi-IRON-MAN-II-Aluminum-Metal-Smartphone-Tripod-Mount-with-Cold-Shoe-Mount-Cell-Phone-Tripod

On 1/25/2019 at 8:55 AM, thephoenix said:

So basically nothing since the initial firmware (I've tried on Photokina last year) and an external recorder doesn't help either and H265 doesn't cause waxy skin with little to no definition and temporal noise reduction fighting against any signs of texture. Well - if you like it, it's all yours... So disappointing. 

did a couple shots yesterday with my "new" helios 44-4 and an m42-fx adapter.

i was surprised to see the screen, and the evf when i was lookinf threw it, lagging big time at some moments.

didn't lagg when was recording, at least not on screen, i hope all is ok since i haven't watched the rushes yet.