Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

Crop in 4K60 is 1.18x, the 1.25x crop is the sports finder mode for 30fps stills shooting. Also just FYI, the 120p mode is 1.28x crop.

Quite different. X-T2 has no crop in all 1080p mode including 120p. 1.18x crop in all 4K framerates.

X-T3 has no crop in 1080p up to 60fps, then 1.28x crop in 100/120p. (very likely to be supersampled from the crop area, the images are aliasing free). No crop in 4K up to 30fps, then 1.18x in 50/60p.

Thanks for clarifying. Even better.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Can you post an example of video with the 18-55. Curious to see the stabilization. I will definitely buy one if its decent. IBIS is nice, but honestly I was happy with the OIS on my Sony A6300, if it can match that I'd be really happy. 

I'll definitely be converting the H265 to prores. 

This was shot on the X-T2 with the 18-55mm, entirely handheld except for the wide shot that shows the full house. It was also before the AF updates.

58 minutes ago, Thomas Hill said:

This was shot on the X-T2 with the 18-55mm, entirely handheld except for the wide shot that shows the full house. It was also before the AF updates.

That looks really good. I am trying to decide whether to get the 18-55 or save up for an 18-135. I liked the short too, colors look really nice.

15 hours ago, jonpais said:

There are already tests online and over at DPReview showing the difference in high ISO performance between the X-T2 and X-T3. Most seem to agree that the increase in performance outweighs the slight loss of low light ability if I remember correctly. Check out the DPReview video I posted above.

I will, do you own the x-t2? What do you think it's the maximum ISO you can go and still get an usable image?

10 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

That looks really good. I am trying to decide whether to get the 18-55 or save up for an 18-135. I liked the short too, colors look really nice.

Thanks, the main thing i did in post was degrade those lovely Fuji colors to make it look more like a 1970's horror flick.

I've been debating that same choice. 18-135 is a much more useful range to me but that 2.8 on the wide end is very nice to have as well.

20 hours ago, jonpais said:

There are already tests online and over at DPReview showing the difference in high ISO performance between the X-T2 and X-T3. Most seem to agree that the increase in performance outweighs the slight loss of low light ability if I remember correctly. Check out the DPReview video I posted above.

The results showed it had a little more noise but there was more detail in the image and less color shift if any. 

Quite honestly, given the choice, I'd never shoot at ISO 6400 again with the X-T2.

And even if the X-T3 was every bit as good as the X-T2 in low light, I'd avoid shooting above ISO 3200.

Colors are better at base ISO, noise isn't obtrusive.

Here's a skin tone test I did at ISO 400. Sorry for the music!

19 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Can you post an example of video with the 18-55. Curious to see the stabilization. I will definitely buy one if its decent. IBIS is nice, but honestly I was happy with the OIS on my Sony A6300, if it can match that I'd be really happy. 

I'll definitely be converting the H265 to prores. 

today i did a bit of filming in city, all handheld with the 18-55. Nothing really artistic, just trying out the same scenes in varios modes (8 bit-10 bit , f-log, Eterna,DR200 vs DR400)

trouble now is editing the files, I don't have access to my main pc at moment, and my i7 laptop just can't play back files... you'll need to wait till sunday I guess before I can edit footage.

Buy the way, I did find out how to set 1/50 shutter speed, with rear dial... but I found it by testing, couldn't find it in the manual.

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

Quite honestly, given the choice, I'd never shoot at ISO 6400 again with the X-T2.

And even if the X-T3 was every bit as good as the X-T2 in low light, I'd avoid shooting above ISO 3200.

Colors are better at base ISO, noise isn't obtrusive.

Here's a skin tone test I did at ISO 400. Sorry for the music!

awful music. 

beautiful image.  colors and detail. Better than the gh5. 

2 hours ago, Henry Ciullo said:

today i did a bit of filming in city, all handheld with the 18-55. Nothing really artistic, just trying out the same scenes in varios modes (8 bit-10 bit , f-log, Eterna,DR200 vs DR400)

trouble now is editing the files, I don't have access to my main pc at moment, and my i7 laptop just can't play back files... you'll need to wait till sunday I guess before I can edit footage.

Buy the way, I did find out how to set 1/50 shutter speed, with rear dial... but I found it by testing, couldn't find it in the manual.

Is it a windows machine? if you have a i7 7xxx series you have hardware acceleration for playback, for 10 bit only with the 8xxx series.