The M43 Cinema - 3 Way Battle

sanveer

1 minute ago, anonim said:

(I'm sorry for making discomfort... Unfortunately, I also found myself in circumstances while US tomahawk and radioactive missiles are bombing me and people around me... I participate in collected a list of child-victims of such export-gift of colonial democracy - so, sadly, I bet I know what war is and about what kind of suffering revoke this movie...)

So what country, may I ask, that we are bombing you with radioactive missiles??

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

So what country, may I ask, that we are bombing you with radioactive missiles??

It seems that facts about results of bombing doesn't deserve attention of retire - but because of you ask polite, and because I know that you personally didn't participate in "We-bombing", here are something to research

https://www.globalresearch.ca/aftermath-of-the-us-nato-war-on-yugoslavia-the-unspoken-impacts-of-radioactive-depleted-uranium-ammunition/5623803

28 minutes ago, anonim said:

It seems that facts about results of bombing doesn't deserve attention of retire - but because of you ask polite, and because I know that you personally didn't participate in "We-bombing", here are something to research

https://www.globalresearch.ca/aftermath-of-the-us-nato-war-on-yugoslavia-the-unspoken-impacts-of-radioactive-depleted-uranium-ammunition/5623803

I think you also need to read this from Wikipedia. More than what happened in less than 3 weeks involving the US at the end of 1995. It was a typical war, just like today, all about Religion and the hatred for those that practice it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War

I think Slobodan Milošević is the one You ought to be pissed about. He was the Jackass that caused most, to all of the misery. I only live about 15 miles from Dayton, Ohio where the Peace Accord was signed. I know a hell of a lot about that war even though I was not involved in it.

I have been to your once beautiful county when it was Yugoslavia, when Tito was in power. I was one of the Few American Servicemen ever allowed in there as it was a Communist country then. I sympathize with the situation there. No war Ever has a good ending for the victims or participants.

But I don't want to get into a political talk on here. Not the place.

1 hour ago, cantsin said:

I keep being skeptical that this will be an achilles heel for using the camera as a travel/documentary/run-and-gun camera in dusty or humid environments.

1 hour ago, sanveer said:

Danke @cantsin

I also think this curious motion of taking in and taking out air through a fan and open vents is its archilles heel (and which is common to the Z1 Cam E2 as well). 

The BM production Cam has a similar design. You can see right through from top to bottom of it. I can only assume the other cameras in their catalogue have similar designs. 

I think it'll be OK. Maybe not in a sandstorm, or very heavy rain, but there will probably be some kind of raincoat available for those situations soon after release.

8 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

The BM production Cam has a similar design. You can see right through from top to bottom of it. I can only assume the other cameras in their catalogue have similar designs. 

I think it'll be OK. Maybe not in a sandstorm, or very heavy rain, but there will probably be some kind of raincoat available for those situations soon after release.

I "think" I remember reading that the sensor was enclosed somehow, and that the air was circulated around the protection??

I remember reading that too. But still, sand and grit could clock up the fan that's pulling the air through. Anyway. Point is, this isn't the first camera they've designed with this system, and I'm confident it'll be fine.

Maybe it only runs when it has to? Or only if your shooting on the highest settings for over an hour or whatever? 

I guess like everything else in this camera, we'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

I "think" I remember reading that the sensor was enclosed somehow, and that the air was circulated around the protection??

I believe you'r right. The air is not circulated around the sensor. I vaguely remember hearing it in one of the many interviews too. Lemme try and search for that one. 

5 hours ago, sanveer said:

HDR in video, on the other hand, may or may not combine multiple exposures, but it keeps colours as bland or washed out as possible. The Entire purpose of HDR in video is to prepare video for post work

Not even remotely close. You are on another planet.

14 minutes ago, sam said:

Not even remotely close. You are on another planet.

I don't know what you're, but I would to try some.

I spoke about HDR in the recording format, which is spot on. There is HDR and there is HDR as HLG which is broadcast ready in recording (among many other standards), meaning instead of pushing a Log profile like Vlog with 11.5 stops, HLG only retains Either the Highlights OR the Shadows, effectively reducing the dynamic range while recording to 10 stops or so.

For TV Broadcast there is HDR of 2 type. The first is pushing a curiously wide dynamic range within the actual ones available within the Rec79 standard, playable on TVs which Are Not HDR certified. The dynamic range seems wider than is presently available, but you don't need an HDR tv to see content of that type.

The 2nd type is the one that various consortiums headed by companies for having broadcast standard for TV brightness dynamic range a colour bitrates. There is HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG, and this is what you are referring to. They are broadcast standards for delivery.

The Z Cam E2 offers the following resolution and framerate options:

4096x2160 
@120fps/60fps/50fps/
30fps/25fps/24fps

3840x2160
@120fps/60fps/50fps/
30fps/25fps/24fps 

1920x1080 
@240fps/120fps/60fps/
50fps/30pfs/25fps/24fps 

I am not sure why Blackmagic isn't offering higher frame rates for 4k higher than 60p. I am guessing it is to protect their URSA and other cameras? Which may the case with Panasonic too?

If the Z Cam E2 drops their prices slightly, and collaborate with someone for supply chain and after sales, they could actually pull off a mini coup.  

Also, for some curious reason the Z Cam executive Specifically stated the dynamic range as 13.5 stops. It's like they seem to have implemented something unique to them. 

2 hours ago, sanveer said:

The Z Cam E2 offers the following resolution and framerate options:

4096x2160 
@120fps/60fps/50fps/
30fps/25fps/24fps

3840x2160
@120fps/60fps/50fps/
30fps/25fps/24fps 

1920x1080 
@240fps/120fps/60fps/
50fps/30pfs/25fps/24fps 

I am not sure why Blackmagic isn't offering higher frame rates for 4k higher than 60p. I am guessing it is to protect their URSA and other cameras? Which may the case with Panasonic too?

If the Z Cam E2 drops their prices slightly, and collaborate with someone for supply chain and after sales, they could actually pull off a mini coup.  

Also, for some curious reason the Z Cam executive Specifically stated the dynamic range as 13.5 stops. It's like they seem to have implemented something unique to them. 

Z-cam have nothing to protect. If they can pull it all off with a decent colour science I will adopt one for sure. They have also mentioned they will include anamorphic shooting modes which is great. If they deliver what they promise and word starts getting around I think other manufacturers could have some trouble in that price range.

4 hours ago, tweak said:

Z-cam have nothing to protect. If they can pull it all off with a decent colour science I will adopt one for sure. They have also mentioned they will include anamorphic shooting modes which is great. If they deliver what they promise and word starts getting around I think other manufacturers could have some trouble in that price range.

I couldn't agree more. They could do a DJI, wherein they suddenly capture a market that already has many players, but nobody offers the features that they do, especially at the price point.

2 hours ago, sanveer said:

I couldn't agree more. They could do a DJI, wherein they suddenly capture a market that already has many players, but nobody offers the features that they do, especially at the price point.

Certainly. Brands have been setting themselves up for failure by holding back features in certain price ranges. It only takes someone like Z-Cam to disrupt that, they could really shake up the entire market if they pull it off. Great news for independent filmmakers.

58 minutes ago, tweak said:

Certainly. Brands have been setting themselves up for failure by holding back features in certain price ranges. It only takes someone like Z-Cam to disrupt that, they could really shake up the entire market if they pull it off. Great news for independent filmmakers.

Not so sure about this. If I were a hybrid shooter, I wouldn’t hesitate to choose Sony or Fuji over the Z Cam. And other manufacturers offer features that may be of greater importance to users. But I will agree that if these smaller players push the larger brands to offer more, it could only be a good thing for us. Panasonic, Sony and Fuji have made great strides in the hybrid camera space - cameras like the Z Cam and Pocket II are straight up video (or cinema) cameras.

55 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Not so sure about this. If I were a hybrid shooter, I wouldn’t hesitate to choose Sony or Fuji over the Z Cam. And other manufacturers offer features that may be of greater importance to users. But I will agree that if these smaller players push the larger brands to offer more, it could only be a good thing for us. Panasonic, Sony and Fuji have made great strides in the hybrid camera space - cameras like the Z Cam and Pocket II are straight up video (or cinema) cameras.

I wasn't necessarily talking about hybrids. This camera (if it lives up to the claims) punches well above it's weight/price and could give us a better chance of getting similar competitive  products from the other brands (if it does really well). I'd love a product like this from Canon as an example.

7 minutes ago, tweak said:

I wasn't necessarily talking about hybrids. This camera (if it lives up to the claims) punches well above it's weight/price and could give us a better chance of getting similar competitive  products from the other brands (if it does really well). I'd love a product like this from Canon as an example.

I hope so too. Each of these, and other cameras, involve a bunch of trade-offs.