Let's go 4K on the big screen at home for 1 grand and a half...

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hitting up Amazon suggests the answer is no:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=10000+lumens+projector&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A300334%2Ck%3A10000+lumens+projector%2Cp_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A3235178011&qid=1517926773&sort=price-asc-rank

(although, there is only one on Amazon with that level of rated brightness, and it is the most expensive one! Over $20K)

3 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Are there cheaper high brightness beamers out there already? I am waiting on that revolution. I want 10000 lumens brightness beamers, but at 300€ price range. Dont care about the resolution though, 720p is all good here.

LOL

Well... not me, man : ) I use TV or switch off the lights for... dark and a good film experience.

Let's take the example of a film vs TV setup for shooting: one camera angle vs multicamera ; )

Lights is (no pun intended) for...

ce4d04425b286ea6115ebeb5d74b6008_origina

:-D

7 hours ago, Emanuel said:

So their "True 4K UHD 8.3M Pixel resolution"* is BS to your book?

* http://www.benq.us/product/projector/HT2550

It's a 1080p chip moved 4 times so yes it's BS in my book.

I'm sure it does a decent job at it, and it probably looks good due to the very high refresh rate that requires (since it display 4 1080 images after each other every frame). It's not like you would notice the difference in sharpness, they do have a setting for that. <- mix between sarcasm and reality

It's waaaaay more advanced than that, since a DMD is a 1bit device it needs to make a 10bit image out if that exposing different mirrors different amount of time, And with that you have a color wheel that shows different colors at different times over the dmd and so on. One method is to binary flash images with different time duration, so one that lasts half the frame then next one half that then half that until you have 10bit. You quickly run out of time to get those last bits mind you. So they have to do more tricks than that.

I would have been less bugged if it was a 1080p with super resolution and they told you about it's advantages and disadvantaged and how they achieve it.

One big advantage should be less screen door since pixels do overlap a bit, one big negative is the fun border around it and less contrast.

• Administrators

I use an Epson TW7300 for my faux K cinema projector

It has been faultless... amazing image quality... way better than the much respected Sony VPL-HW65ES which I tested alongside it.

The 4K upscaling really does work well at the viewing distances necessary for such a large projection on a wall. Eyeball the screen and you can see it isn't real 4K but only a severely unbalanced drug user would do that during Blade Runner.

PS... 10,000 lumen?! What are you on?!