Jump to content
liltoua

Canon 1DC vs Canon 5D Mark IV

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, Ollywood88 said:

Its not too bad, it is just a little soft. great for dream like sequences but intercut with the 4k will look soft. 

Yeah any other dslr, I use the c500 as our A Cam for the 2k 60fps.

 

I see, what other B-cam options would you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

New project I am working on 

Straight out of the Can. 

Gosh I still love the 1dc.  (4k pull out). This camera was ahead of its time.. Trst6.thumb.jpg.ae713d71e722648476064e6a7f4fbc1b.jpg

Trst.jpg

Yup. Still hasn't been beat. Literally...nothing else can beat the camera in 2017 from canon. 1DX II is a little bit of a downgrade...but Im considering selling my 1DC for one just for the dual pixel AF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DaveAltizer said:

Yup. Still hasn't been beat. Literally...nothing else can beat the camera in 2017 from canon. 1DX II is a little bit of a downgrade...but Im considering selling my 1DC for one just for the dual pixel AF. 

I hear ya on the dual pixel AF point. Pulling focus on this needed a bit more attention to detail. 

I think even at baked profiles, the 1dc still has a better roll off and mojo that the 1dx doesn't have.

It's magic. I have upgrading considered the 1dxmkii so many times. But its not the same when I shoot with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

I hear ya on the dual pixel AF point. Pulling focus on this needed a bit more attention to detail. 

I think even at baked profiles, the 1dc still has a better roll off and mojo that the 1dx doesn't have.

It's magic. I have upgrading considered the 1dxmkii so many times. But its not the same when I shoot with it.

Ahhhh! You’re not making it easy for me! Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, Love this 

@dunjoye 

 I shot this with The Canon C500 IN 1080p and the Canon 1DC. It is such a special camera.

I was also looking at selling for the 4k 60p auto focus of the Canon 1DX 2. If the 1DX 2 just had that lovely super 35mm mode I would be gone. 

Still love my 1DC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah figure so but actual confirmation is always good :-)

I've got a 1DC and a 5D MKIII and although I know many have written the MK IV off I''m really leaning towards just picking one up once the price gets in sub $2K/used range.

I know the cropped 4K sucks and all that but it's really the DPAF that I want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2017 at 1:22 PM, DaveAltizer said:

I can confirm that 5d iv 4k is almost identical to the 1dx ii and 1dc 4k. Just have that heavy crop

I would easily believe the 5d iv 4k is almost identical to the 1dx ii 4k, but as good a the 1DC 4k, hmm. I am sure they are not miles apart but I don't really think Anything is as good as a 1DC output wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, Ollywood88 said:

Guys, Love this 

@dunjoye 

 I shot this with The Canon C500 IN 1080p and the Canon 1DC. It is such a special camera.

I was also looking at selling for the 4k 60p auto focus of the Canon 1DX 2. If the 1DX 2 just had that lovely super 35mm mode I would be gone. 

Still love my 1DC. 

C500 &The 1dc work hand in hand so well.  For 2k 60p and 4k the c500 is worth  checking out. I have seen them going for £3k used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

C500 &The 1dc work hand in hand so well.  For 2k 60p and 4k the c500 is worth  checking out. I have seen them going for £3k used.

Agreed! But I honestly can't see myself ever shelling out that type of money for a camera that doesn't have DPAF (unless I'm mistaken the C500 doesn't have it right?).

I also can't see myself ever going back to that more traditional form factor (I used a C300 as a producer daily a couple years back and I'm assuming the C500 has a similar feel and heft).

I'm in the minority but so far I prefer the ability to build up a dslr around a cage system and strip it down when needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 7:36 PM, Ty Harper said:

Agreed! But I honestly can't see myself ever shelling out that type of money for a camera that doesn't have DPAF (unless I'm mistaken the C500 doesn't have it right?).

 

For a camera with 4K raw plus many more features, that price doesn't seem so bad. 

I'll admit on rare occasion I look at their prices and get tempted myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...