Jump to content
liltoua

Canon 1DC vs Canon 5D Mark IV

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hopefully this video will show dissuade you from buying a 5D4 if you need 4k.  From my personal tests, the rolling shutter is so bad you can even see the lag when doing a closeup on someone's face even when you're not panning.  They compare the rolling shutter to the 1DX2 which is far better in 4K when it comes to rolling shutter.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Michael Ma said:

From my personal tests, the rolling shutter is so bad you can even see the lag when doing a closeup on someone's face even when you're not panning

good lawd! sounds AWFUL

ill definitely pass on that – who wouldnt?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Most of the cheap C500's I have seen are PL mount, and by the time you buy a external recorder to do 4k well, you might as well buy a stripped down C200 and get DPAF to boot.


Yeah is one of the annoying features of the Canons (vs say Sonys) is you're stuck with PL or EF, you can't switch between!

18 minutes ago, Ty Harper said:

Geez! Didn't know it was that bad. Seems like my only option for something compact and under $3K with DPAF from the Canon line is the 70D (?)

Or get a Canon C100 mk1 upgraded to DPAF

Or just get a Sony a6500, the AF is decent enough.

Or hire a 1st AC ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ty Harper said:

Geez! Didn't know it was that bad. Seems like my only option for something compact and under $3K with DPAF from the Canon line is the 70D (?)

Well the 80D is the newer model and like Ironfilm said, the C100 is always a good option. 

Also, if you can get the 5D4 for a good price, the 1080p is pretty good. I posted this video in another thread, but this guy did a great job with the high bitrate 1080p on the 5D4 using James Miller’s C-Log profile...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mercer said:

Well the 80D is the newer model and like Ironfilm said, the C100 is always a good option. 

Also, if you can get the 5D4 for a good price, the 1080p is pretty good. I posted this video in another thread, but this guy did a great job with the high bitrate 1080p on the 5D4 using James Miller’s C-Log profile...

 

The rolling shutter on the 5D MK4 seems unacceptable, and prefer the dslr form factor to the C100/300 line. I'd pick the 70D over the 80D bcuz of the Magic Lantern hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ty Harper said:

The rolling shutter on the 5D MK4 seems unacceptable, and prefer the dslr form factor to the C100/300 line. I'd pick the 70D over the 80D bcuz of the Magic Lantern hack.

Yeah, not great but better in 1080p. Then again, do you plan on doing a lot of back and forth whip pans? 

They’re on the verge of cracking the 80D which has a faster buffer than the 70D and more AF points. Plus the original Canon firmware 1080p is better with a higher bitrate, all-i codec. Plus the revered Canon crop mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mercer said:

Well the 80D is the newer model and like Ironfilm said, the C100 is always a good option. 

Also, if you can get the 5D4 for a good price, the 1080p is pretty good. I posted this video in another thread, but this guy did a great job with the high bitrate 1080p on the 5D4 using James Miller’s C-Log profile...

 

Ahh just like the good old days when all you needed was your Canon dSLR, a nice bright yellow jacket, some moody landscapes and way too much time on your hands with no kidlets to look after 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Michael Ma said:

Hopefully this video will show dissuade you from buying a 5D4 if you need 4k.  From my personal tests, the rolling shutter is so bad you can even see the lag when doing a closeup on someone's face even when you're not panning.  They compare the rolling shutter to the 1DX2 which is far better in 4K when it comes to rolling shutter.

 

 

So you're saying the rs shows up, even when you're doing static closeups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...