Well done RED for trying something different with Hydrogen - but will the modularity make sense?

Andrew Reid

• Super Members

The next month or so should reveal more information apparently.

The problem I have is that the go to source for info about it should be the reduser site but I can't last more than a few more minutes on there because of the sycophancy.

I went over there earlier to see what it was all about regarding RED selling the cameras through the Apple store and pretty much did this.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 1 month later...
On 13/07/2017 at 8:11 AM, Andrew Reid said:

The holographic screens were on eBay at one point and now don't seem to be available anywhere, so maybe RED bought the company (Leia)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leia-3D-Holograma-pantalla-holografica-realidad-/141967275851?_ul=BO&nma=true&si=mM3h9QbtZR8JuvEDto7tgj3XE9E%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's just a heads up display, ie. a reflector.

• 5 months later...
On 02/08/2017 at 8:00 PM, BTM_Pix said:

The problem I have is that the go to source for info about it should be the reduser site but I can't last more than a few more minutes on there because of the sycophancy.

As someone who preordered a Hydrogen and is genuinely quite excited about what it might be able to do, I registered with reduser for a source of information. It is quite astonishing just how poor the quality of discussion over there is (at least compared to here). The only information - other than that from RED itself - consists of wild speculation, absurd hyperbole and seems to be totally dominated by one or two individuals...  Not a great public face for a great company producing great products.

There is no doubt (in my opinion) that Hydrogen will be something special. But only relative to what phones currently offer. And not necessarily “useful” or “game changing” or even, given time, “unique”. But goodness, anyone naively reading the Hydrogen threads in The Other Place must be totally baffled (one of the latest themes is that you really need 4 - or is it 64?  - Hydrogens to really optimise the 3D capabilities - or is that just to feed the world...)

Looking forward to seeing what it’ll do however! 

• Super Members

A great application for the Hydrogen would be someone to make documentary about how many no doubt otherwise sane grown adults suddenly lose their shit like the front row of a Beatles concert when they log on to that board.

In 3D obviously.

Or 30D if Jim announces they're working on it.