Sign in to follow this  
slvs

Kinor 16 for the BMPCC?

Does anyone know how much frame coverage LOMO's 16mm lenses get?  Will the Kinor 16 lenses cover the BMPCC's S16 sensor?

I ask because Kinor 16 lenses are dirt cheap on ebay, right now I can only find this one but I seem to recall there being a few more options (a 10mm and an 8mm and some longer options maybe?)

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Maybe.. depends on the lens I think. Wide angles are the risky ones.

Someone is selling a Kinor 10-100mm zoom here and says it covers the Ikonoscop sensor. At 10.56 x 5.94 mm the Ikonoskop sensor is a bit smaller than the BMPCC though (12,48 x 7,02)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16OPF12-1-2-5-10-100mm-s-n-900432-Can-cover-sensor-of-camera-IKONOSKOP-New-/150670049559

If someone owns such a lens and a GH2 + adapter it would be easy to test and add to the list I'm making:

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2513-pocket-cinema-camera-c-mount-compatibility-list/

Any info on this? I recently acquired 6 lenses and a kinor 16mm camera and i am really thrilled by the possibility of using them with the Blackmagic S16 camera.

I should try this adapter on my OM-D E-M5, but its kinda expensive for just experiment purpose at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinor-16-SX-OKC-OKS-lens-to-MFT-micro-4-3-BMC-Blackmagic-GH2-GH3-AF100-adapter-/261123376752?lgeo=1&clk_rvr_id=471312952724&vectorid=229508

I posted in another thread, I've got an adapter coming along with a few Kinor 16 lenses (6mm fisheye, 10mm, 25mm, 12-120mm zoom, and one more, I think?).  I'll most likely post up results once I get a chance to play with them.

All 16 mil lenses sadly  - lovely but don't cover s16 the 12-120 and 10-xxx Zeiss copies will cover but not at the lower end as per the Zeiss non Optex converted zooms.

kinda shooting myself in the foot here, would like to grab some more of these in different focal lengths before they get to retarded level pricing, but, oh well. maybe the karma will do me good.   :D  If anyone finds the 15mm, and the 35mm+ lengths for cheap, let me know.  I'd love to just pick up the whole damned set and be done with it.

Picked up ciecio7's adapter.  received the okc1-6-1 fisheye (6mm, f/1.8, fixed focus) and tested.  Still awaiting the others.

(shot on gh2 in normal.  and ETC mode, it's great, no vignetting at all, which would make sense if there's no vignetting on the s16 crop)

hoping I did it right, but here's a screen grab on normal 

and using the cropping instructions in the bmpcc c-mount thread:

can't wait to try the others.

Also, just so you're aware, these are NOT small lenses.  This fisheye is rather big and heavy, nothing like the svelte little switars.  I feel as if I could put this lens in a sock and bludgeon someone to death with it, and then go shoot a skate video with it afterwards...

Shane, don't know if it's just me but the pix you put in the last post don't seem to load?

I just get two small white boxes?

As I say, could just be me...

Yeah, I used the attachment function for those, and it disappeared a few days ago.. let's try using the gallery:

gh2 shot:

bmpcc crop (but you can try yourself in case I didn't do it correctly)

PS, I think I may have done the crop wrong, but I don't have time to check it right now.  There may still be some vignetting (I think I used the size settings for the gh3 not gh2?)  it'll probably be this weekend before I can verify, though.  Stupid deadlines.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they would be able to do a firmware update to crop in-camera to a 16mm sensor... If there's one thing I wish the gh2 could do would be selecting sensor crop size...

Nice test shane. If you send me the youtube-file with wetransfer or something, I'll make an overlay with the BMPCC crop. I'll send it back to you so you can upload it. Less work than grabbing screens and cropping individually ;) Hit me with a PM!

Any info about the kinor 10-100? I spent 4 hours reading forums and couldn't find anyone confirming that this zoom covers super 16. Somebody has to have this lens! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By essbe
      Selling three LOMO cine lenses in OCT-18 mount accompanied by an OCT-18 to ARRI PL adapter from Rafcamera. There are some cheaper adapters out there who simply locks the lens and then you rotate the lens out of its helicoid, a primitive and not very satisfying solution. This adapter has a pin which locks the lenses in the correct and intended way and lets you focus using their own helicoid. Changing lenses is also simple as you just pull them out and push them in. I have not tried the adapter on a camera since I never got around to buying a PL-adapter. The lens bodies are worn as Lomo cine lenses almost always are. There's some dust inside the lenses but no fungus or major scratches.
      The lenses are:

okc7-28-1 28mm t2.2
      okc11-35-1 35mm t2.3
      okc1-50-6 50mm t2.2

Covering SUPER-35/APS-C, not full frame.

Price 850€ including shipping. Selling only within the EU (including the UK).

I also have a set of franken-cine-lenses, very crudely adapted. I am getting rid of those, but selling with no guarantee. You could always use the lens blocks if they are problematic. To use them you have to have a thin m42 or l39 adapter as they have a very short working distance. I will include a short l39 to m42 helicoid made by yeenon, and can include a thin adapter to Sony E if you are interested.
      The lenses are:

okc1-22-1 22mm f2.8
      helios-33 (cine lens made at KMZ, not LOMO) 35mm f2
      okc1-40-1 f2.5

I have used these lenses quite alot on an EOS M with ml raw. The okc1-40-1 was my standard travel lens on my a7s as it is so small and covers full frame in 16:9 (dark extreme corners otherwise, correctable though).

Price 100€ for the lot including shipping. Selling only within the EU (including the UK).

I am planning to unload some camera stuff, and will list them on swedish ebay shortly, but If you are interested in any of the following  just PM and I will send photos:
      Prices do not include shipping.

Zenit m39 mount, silver lenses:
      Jupiter-9 early and rare KMZ make 100€
      Mir-1 pre-series, KMZ 70€
      m42:
      Helios-44-2 MMZ, damaged filter ring but still usable. Extremely smooth focusing 50€
      Mir-24m 35mm f2 KMZ 100€
      Jupiter-37a 135mm f3.5 40€
      Pentax K:
      Volna 50mm f1.8, LOMO 70€
      Variozenitar-K zoom 25-45mm 2.8-3.5, auto aperture pin removed for easier use with digital cameras. Works in stop down mode now, otherwise it would have stayed wide open all the time. Zoom ring not smooth, but turns. 70€

• By dia3olik
      I have some Lomos for sale, first up is this 100mm.
      Insanely smooth bokeh and smooth highlight and shadows rolloff
      - OKC1-100-1 / 100mm F2 (T2.3)
      - Full Frame+ coverage!
      - 16 iris blades, perfectly round and dry!!!
      - Already converted to Stainless Steel PL Mount
      - 0.8 mod gear on focus ring
      - Added removable 80mm OD front
      - Brass version!
      - Build in 1975
      - In good conditions and ready to shoot!
      Asking €1500 FIRM
      I can ship WW with UPS.
      Payment with bank transfer or PayPal.
      PICS:

• By dia3olik
      Hey guys,
      I have a SpeedBooster for the Pocket and the Micro for sale, Canon EF lens version.
      Asking price is 450€
      I'm in Italy and I can ship to Europe for fair prices and even WW if needed (postal or UPS).
      BTW I also have a brand new Wooden Camera cage for the BMMCC plus the Wooden Camera PL Mount Pro kit for it in another thread

• By Sandeepthefifth
      Hey all, I'm looking to shoot a narrative short film with controlled lighting early next year and am thinking about shooting it on my original BMPCC...
      I know, I know. No 4K, terrible low-light, and horrible battery life. But if 1080p was fine, controlled lighting throughout, and an external battery solution, is it better for me to use the original and cancel my 4K pre-order? I could use the money saved to pay for an additional cine prime/actually pay actors a decent wage...
      What would be the advantages in this case of using the 4K over the original?
    • By DIGICHombre
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cine-NIKKOR-25mm-F-1-8-Nippon-Kogaku-C-Mount-Wide-Angle-lens-ADAPTER-Included/112964898960
      Great condition lens + micro four thirds adapter. Used it on my blackmagic micro cinema camera. Lens is made for 16mm sensor. 
      $315.00 USD.