Kinor 16 for the BMPCC?

slvs

Does anyone know how much frame coverage LOMO's 16mm lenses get?  Will the Kinor 16 lenses cover the BMPCC's S16 sensor?

I ask because Kinor 16 lenses are dirt cheap on ebay, right now I can only find this one but I seem to recall there being a few more options (a 10mm and an 8mm and some longer options maybe?)

Maybe.. depends on the lens I think. Wide angles are the risky ones.

Someone is selling a Kinor 10-100mm zoom here and says it covers the Ikonoscop sensor. At 10.56 x 5.94 mm the Ikonoskop sensor is a bit smaller than the BMPCC though (12,48 x 7,02)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16OPF12-1-2-5-10-100mm-s-n-900432-Can-cover-sensor-of-camera-IKONOSKOP-New-/150670049559

If someone owns such a lens and a GH2 + adapter it would be easy to test and add to the list I'm making:

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2513-pocket-cinema-camera-c-mount-compatibility-list/

Any info on this? I recently acquired 6 lenses and a kinor 16mm camera and i am really thrilled by the possibility of using them with the Blackmagic S16 camera.

I should try this adapter on my OM-D E-M5, but its kinda expensive for just experiment purpose at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinor-16-SX-OKC-OKS-lens-to-MFT-micro-4-3-BMC-Blackmagic-GH2-GH3-AF100-adapter-/261123376752?lgeo=1&clk_rvr_id=471312952724&vectorid=229508

• 2 weeks later...

kinda shooting myself in the foot here, would like to grab some more of these in different focal lengths before they get to retarded level pricing, but, oh well. maybe the karma will do me good.   :D  If anyone finds the 15mm, and the 35mm+ lengths for cheap, let me know.  I'd love to just pick up the whole damned set and be done with it.

Picked up ciecio7's adapter.  received the okc1-6-1 fisheye (6mm, f/1.8, fixed focus) and tested.  Still awaiting the others.

(shot on gh2 in normal.  and ETC mode, it's great, no vignetting at all, which would make sense if there's no vignetting on the s16 crop)

hoping I did it right, but here's a screen grab on normal 

and using the cropping instructions in the bmpcc c-mount thread:

can't wait to try the others.

Also, just so you're aware, these are NOT small lenses.  This fisheye is rather big and heavy, nothing like the svelte little switars.  I feel as if I could put this lens in a sock and bludgeon someone to death with it, and then go shoot a skate video with it afterwards...

Nice test shane. If you send me the youtube-file with wetransfer or something, I'll make an overlay with the BMPCC crop. I'll send it back to you so you can upload it. Less work than grabbing screens and cropping individually ;) Hit me with a PM!

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sandeepthefifth
      I single-handedly shot an entire narrative short film during the first lockdown, using the original BMPCC. The camera performed magnificently but I did have it fully rigged out. Shot using two SLR Magic primes - 10mm T2.1 and the 17mm T1.6. A one-person crew and one-mother cast, this is a film featuring my poor mum, who’s never acted, and a very, very unlikely hero…

Jean-Luc Godard once said “All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.” My mum doesn’t speak very good English, so I had to do without dialogue. I didn’t have a gun so we had to do without that too. We couldn’t leave the house, so I shot it all there. And I had no crew to help me, so I did everything myself.
      If anyone has any feedback or questions I'm always happy to hear!

https://youtu.be/SBwje8EDl84
    • By stevenjbelcher
      Like new BMPCC 4K with Metabones EF-MFT ULTRA .71x Speedbooster.
      Originally purchased new in early 2019.
      Only very minor cosmetic dings on the top of the camera body. Everything works perfectly. Only used professionally a handful of times.
      Includes:
      Body (w/ caps) Speedbooster (w/ caps & case) Manual Power adapter LP-E6 Battery Original Camera Packaging Firmware Version: 6.9.6
      Photos: https://www.sharegrid.com/dcbaltimore/l/188312-blackmagic-design-pocket-cinema-camera-4k-w-metabones-ultra-71x-speedbooster
    • By Stanislav Schubert
      Legendary LOMO OKS Russian cine lens (model OKC11-35-1), F=35 mm, f=1:2, OCT-19 mount for professional 35 mm movie cameras Konvas, Kinor, EX++ condition! 
      Lens made in LOMO, USSR in 1982. 
      S\N: 820379.
      F= 35mm, T2.2
      Mount: OCT-19. 
      Lens can be used on digital cameras RED, ARRI Alexa, Blackmagic, Canon, Sony, GH5 and other with OCT-19 adapters (cover Super 35 sensor). Ideal for rehousing or change mount to PL.
      Excellent condition, lens clean and clear, no scratchers, no fungus, no oil spots inside. Mechanical is good work: focus and aperture is smooch. Lens collimated and tested with BM URSA camera. Great optical picture, flares and ЛОМО bokeh! 
      eBay price: [url]https://www.ebay.com/itm/164708642829?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649[/url]
      without eBay- is cheapen! email: schubert@ngs.ru
      Worldwide shipping. 

• By Snuff
      For sale a rare 1937 Leitz Hektor Rapid 27mm f1.4 cinema lens (s/n 417161) for the Bolex H16 cinema camera. The lens covers full m43 sensor with a little vignetting and soft corners, great for cropped sensor of BMPCC, BMMCC, BMPCC4K (S16 mode). Examples of photos taken on a Lumix GX800 camera.
      The condition for its age is excellent: the case is clean with little signs of use, there are some dust and a bubble inside (this is typical of pre-war Leitz lenses), I did not notice the effect on the picture. The lens has been professionally serviced. A complete disassembly, cleaning and lubrication was carried out. The focus and aperture rings spin smoothly and effortlessly. The diaphragm is clean, 10 blades. The kit includes the original hood, front cap and c-mount adapter - m43 (MFT) with rear cap. There is focus on infinity. I will send the lens by mail worldwide.
      I shot this video with this lens Leitz Hektor Rapid 2.7cm f/1.4 on a Lumix GX800 camera: https://youtu.be/uIRKYGp6tg8
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/274428194426

• By essbe
      Selling three LOMO cine lenses in OCT-18 mount accompanied by an OCT-18 to ARRI PL adapter from Rafcamera. There are some cheaper adapters out there who simply locks the lens and then you rotate the lens out of its helicoid, a primitive and not very satisfying solution. This adapter has a pin which locks the lenses in the correct and intended way and lets you focus using their own helicoid. Changing lenses is also simple as you just pull them out and push them in. I have not tried the adapter on a camera since I never got around to buying a PL-adapter. The lens bodies are worn as Lomo cine lenses almost always are. There's some dust inside the lenses but no fungus or major scratches.
      The lenses are:

okc7-28-1 28mm t2.2
      okc11-35-1 35mm t2.3
      okc1-50-6 50mm t2.2

Covering SUPER-35/APS-C, not full frame.

Price 850€ including shipping. Selling only within the EU (including the UK).

I also have a set of franken-cine-lenses, very crudely adapted. I am getting rid of those, but selling with no guarantee. You could always use the lens blocks if they are problematic. To use them you have to have a thin m42 or l39 adapter as they have a very short working distance. I will include a short l39 to m42 helicoid made by yeenon, and can include a thin adapter to Sony E if you are interested.
      The lenses are:

okc1-22-1 22mm f2.8
      helios-33 (cine lens made at KMZ, not LOMO) 35mm f2
      okc1-40-1 f2.5

I have used these lenses quite alot on an EOS M with ml raw. The okc1-40-1 was my standard travel lens on my a7s as it is so small and covers full frame in 16:9 (dark extreme corners otherwise, correctable though).

Price 100€ for the lot including shipping. Selling only within the EU (including the UK).

I am planning to unload some camera stuff, and will list them on swedish ebay shortly, but If you are interested in any of the following  just PM and I will send photos:
      Prices do not include shipping.

Zenit m39 mount, silver lenses:
      Jupiter-9 early and rare KMZ make 100€
      Mir-1 pre-series, KMZ 70€
      m42:
      Helios-44-2 MMZ, damaged filter ring but still usable. Extremely smooth focusing 50€
      Mir-24m 35mm f2 KMZ 100€
      Jupiter-37a 135mm f3.5 40€
      Pentax K:
      Volna 50mm f1.8, LOMO 70€
      Variozenitar-K zoom 25-45mm 2.8-3.5, auto aperture pin removed for easier use with digital cameras. Works in stop down mode now, otherwise it would have stayed wide open all the time. Zoom ring not smooth, but turns. 70€