Iscorama mc 2003 anamorphic lens help??

Rcorrell

Hello fellow lens gurus,

I've been looking to buy some kind of start lens, to what will hopefully soon be my anamorphic lens collection. I tired to buy a set of oct-19 lomos over the summer but was endlessly outbid. I'm a canon 5dmk3 and canon l series glass owner, and have wanted to adapt or better yet, actually own anamorphic primes that work on a full frame sensor without dual focusing or piggybacking lens together.

I found this on eBay today but don't know much about this lens other than its a later isco and is multi coated. The nice thing seems to be that it already is equipt with and canon lens mount, but I'm not sure if this 50mm lens will cover the full frame sensor on the 5d3.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130864721991?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Take a look and let me know your thoughts before I consider plopping down 2gs.

Thanks for your help as always guys!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

that lens has been apart before spending ask the guy to test it on a camera it should be very sharp wide open.

this seller should understand how to test an optic if he makes excuses or does not reply walk.

it is a good but limited optic as it will have a below par entry level taking lens in the back.

the anamorphic will be better quality than the taking lens it is a sealed fixed system you cannot use other optics with it.

ask him to send you some jpeg shots taken wide open