Jump to content
Neumann Films

Lumix GH5 Downloadable Footage

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Neumann Films said:

The Lumix 12-35mm and 35-100mm 2.8's with IS were used on probably about 90% of it.  I have never used them before and fell in love over the course of the shoot.  The dual IS is pretty awesome. 

 

Great! but do you speak about the new V2 version of the lenses? Or the older ones? 
Apparently they say the V2 version is compatible with Dual IS 2, which should means the V1 is not. I am wondering. Hope you will tell me it was shot with V1 and that V2 are just cosmetics difference :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Great! but do you speak about the new V2 version of the lenses? Or the older ones? 
Apparently they say the V2 version is compatible with Dual IS 2, which should means the V1 is not. I am wondering. Hope you will tell me it was shot with V1 and that V2 are just cosmetics difference :)

I honestly don't know.  The lens itself says nothing about version 2.  There is a big red X on the front?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wolf33d said:

Version 1...lol.  Well, now I'm excited to see what dual IS actually looks like.

On screen I had dual IS notifications the whole time?  Seemed more stable than lenses that clearly had no IS.  I am pretty sure V1 had working IS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neumann Films said:

Version 1...lol.  Well, now I'm excited to see what dual IS actually looks like.

On screen I had dual IS notifications the whole time?  Seemed more stable than lenses that clearly had no IS.  I am pretty sure V1 had working IS.  

Then the V2 brings Dual IS 2..... Let's see how it compares. Because they actually claim it brings Dual IS 2 and cosmetic change but no IQ change. 
Good to know the V1 is working well already. 

Can't wait to see your 180 fps shoot, and in the meantime if you have the time to give us a small Continuous AF video tracking test that would be sick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wolf33d said:

Then the V2 brings Dual IS 2..... Let's see how it compares. Because they actually claim it brings Dual IS 2 and cosmetic change but no IQ change. 
Good to know the V1 is working well already. 

Can't wait to see your 180 fps shoot, and in the meantime if you have the time to give us a small Continuous AF video tracking test that would be sick

I messed with it once at home and it seemed...well, if you've used the C300 Mark II, you would be disappointed.  I feel like that could be due to several factors though (pre production model, me not knowing the AF system for this camera very well etc)

I will mess around with it a bit more though.  There is a "face tracking" feature that looked like it might be cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

I messed with it once at home and it seemed...well, if you've used the C300 Mark II, you would be disappointed.  I feel like that could be due to several factors though (pre production model, me not knowing the AF system for this camera very well etc)

I will mess around with it a bit more though.  There is a "face tracking" feature that looked like it might be cool

C300II is amazing for AF. But I would love to have A6300 level which seems not really doable considering it has only Phase detection AF. But who knows... 

For me running in the field doing this type of video (my latest one) having AF in video is crucial. 
https://vimeo.com/165075366

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wolf33d said:

C300II is amazing for AF. But I would love to have A6300 level which seems not really doable considering it has only Phase detection AF. But who knows... 

For me running in the field doing this type of video (my latest one) having AF in video is crucial. 
https://vimeo.com/165075366

 

Great looking video!

Well, I did use the half shutter press AF quite a bit and I found that really fast.  Also, the manual focus with peaking and the zoom in feature as soon as you touch the lens is pretty good.  I dunno, I never really found myself NEEDING the constant AF.  I know what you mean though, there are times where it would be nice, but I really didn't miss it during our shoot at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neumann Films God bless you, thanks for the footages, looks freaking awesome.

Can you check the VFR bitrates for us please? Also, is there an anamorphic liveview/stretch on the LCD?

So how should we upgrade our PCs? I have i7 4core, 16gb ram, 3GB graph card and my computer had hard time to play the footages even on 1/8th of the original quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fredrik Lyhne said:

@Neumann Films Thanks for sharing and congrats on the film, looks great!!

Did you buy any chance get to try the new 12-60 f/2.8-4.0? I have the 12-35mm and 35-100mm. I'm considering selling the 12-35mm and getting the kit with the 12-60mm as it will almost cover the difference. Any thoughts? 

Would love to know the same - have the old 12-35 and 35-100 and would prefer one lens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Neumann Films said:

We also have a set of SLR Magic 2x Anamorphics for a 6K video (assuming Panasonic wants us to go forward with it).

Good looking video Neumann! Keeping up the good work :)

Please shoot some anamorphic tests also. Really would like to hear more about anamorphic mode:

-is there stretch preview (and what options 1.3x, 1.5x, 2x?)

-option for slomo rates on anamorphic modes?

-peaking, vectorscope & waveform working in anamorphic mode also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from the GH5 so far. Curious how battery life, AF, and low light will perform. Don't see it as a replacement for my 1DXMk2, but I could definitely see where it could be handy. Need to see more footage... But so far it's looking pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sgreszcz said:

Would love to know the same - have the old 12-35 and 35-100 and would prefer one lens. 

I just put in a pre-order with the Leica 12-60mm. Here in Norway the price for the camera is 22500 NOK (2635 USD) and 28000 NOK (3275 USD) with the lens. The lens alone cost 10500 NOK and only 5500 NOK in the bundle. I should be able to get at least 4000 NOK for the 12-35mm, so I can compare them and keep the one I like the most. I'm guessing it will be the Leica because I have primes for low-light and the gap between f/2.8 f4.0 isn't that big. Let the waiting begin, or should I say continue ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...