Jump to content

NX1/NX500 Hack Test Footage


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shot with vasile's 140 mbps. Still from 4k on 1080 timeline. Andrew's gamma DR settings but no LOG LUT. Just used visioncolor impulz rec.709 tetrachrome FC + Curves, saturation boost and vignette. Use

hey guys, please find below my first serious attempt of shooting with samsung nx1. It's just a travel film but i wanted to be more like a manifesto for the people in Nepal that stood straight before a

I was curious if in-camera playback will work with high bitrate hacked video. Andrew mentioned in old article ( http://www.eoshd.com/2014/04/nikon-d800-hacked-50mbits-high-bitrate-recording-option/ ) 

Posted Images

On 10. 4. 2016 at 0:11 PM, Andrew Reid said:

In the top one the sky is still macro blocking quite a lot.

I have changed luminance levels in Premiere from 0-255 (1st image fom the left) to 16-235 and some compression artifacts disapeared, even I have pushed contrast and black level higher to prove if there are really gone  (3rd image)

 

 

Bez názvu-4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

DR of 180Mbps footage. Great thing is there is no macroblocking in lifted shadows, just litle lack of details... but still very good result I think. 

BTW - First image is unedited 0-255, Standard, MBL +8. Second is converted to 16-235 with some grading (also added saturation becuase there was lack of colours in shadows and just a little bit sharpness to left side of image)

 

_4160013.00_02_09_11.Still006.jpg

 

 

 

_4160013.00_02_09_19.Still011.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

DR of 180Mbps footage. Great thing is there is no macroblocking in lifted shadows, just litle lack of details... but still very good result I think. 

BTW - First image is unedited 0-255, Standard, MBL +8. Second is converted to 16-235 with some grading (also added saturation becuase there was lack of colours in shadows and just a little bit sharpness to left side of image)

 

_4160013.00_02_09_11.Still006.jpg

 

 

 

_4160013.00_02_09_19.Still011.jpg

Wow that is amazing. is that the NX1 or the NX500?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MountneerMan said:

Wow that is amazing. is that the NX1 or the NX500?

I forgot mentioned it - NX1. Moreover - it is screen grab from in-camera timelapse so it is not so static scene but quite complex with fast moving trees, waves and clouds.

There was some small macroblocking in blue parts but they disappeared after conversion to 16-235.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 18, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Pavel Mašek said:

DR of 180Mbps footage. Great thing is there is no macroblocking in lifted shadows, just litle lack of details... but still very good result I think. 

BTW - First image is unedited 0-255, Standard, MBL +8. Second is converted to 16-235 with some grading (also added saturation becuase there was lack of colours in shadows and just a little bit sharpness to left side of image)

 

_4160013.00_02_09_11.Still006.jpg

 

 

 

_4160013.00_02_09_19.Still011.jpg

This is incredible ! I've been shooting with raised master pedestal around 8-9 and it helps alot. Im gonna install this hack today and shoot some clips. Raised pedestal + increased bits to the shadows should work wonders with underexposed footage

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

This is incredible ! I've been shooting with raised master pedestal around 8-9 and it helps alot. Im gonna install this hack today and shoot some clips. Raised pedestal + increased bits to the shadows should work wonders with underexposed footage

I thought the master pedestal only made blacks grey if you increased them or blacks darker if you decreased it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

I thought the master pedestal only made blacks grey if you increased them or blacks darker if you decreased it? 

No it raises or lowers the black level so a +8 mp uses the 9-255 range and a 15 mp uses the 16-255 range of data. The 0-16 range of data is usually the "garbage" area when it comes to in camera compression. I spoke to visioncolor and thats why they use the 9-255 range for their visiontech profile and I assume thats why technicolor cinestyle uses the 16-255 range. Use normal gamma to avoid banning and adjust your blacks in post. The results are great especially at high bitrate

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

No it raises or lowers the black level so a +8 mp uses the 9-255 range and a 15 mp uses the 16-255 range of data. The 0-16 range of data is usually the "garbage" area when it comes to in camera compression. I spoke to visioncolor and thats why they use the 9-255 range for their visiontech profile and I assume thats why technicolor cinestyle uses the 16-255 range. Use normal gamma to avoid banning and adjust your blacks in post. The results are great especially at high bitrate

Okay thanks I was a bit unsure. I will try it, I started just shooting with the picture profiles in the camera and I got some pretty great images out of it, I will use the master pedestal more now that I actually know it affects the 0-225 range

Link to post
Share on other sites

mountneer, since tomorrow I'll have to fikm my daughter at her first essay of rhythmic gymnastics, indoor, with lights and I'm in Europe, I did several tests at 100fps@180mbit/sec (pal). I think the results are very good up to iso 400, decent at 800, bad to very bad at 1600 and up.

 

I'd rather use 1/100 (instead of 1/200) but won't go beyond iso 800 at 100fps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marco Tecno said:

mountneer, since tomorrow I'll have to fikm my daughter at her first essay of rhythmic gymnastics, indoor, with lights and I'm in Europe, I did several tests at 100fps@180mbit/sec (pal). I think the results are very good up to iso 400, decent at 800, bad to very bad at 1600 and up.

 

I'd rather use 1/100 (instead of 1/200) but won't go beyond iso 800 at 100fps.

I personally hope they manage to disable the NR because I did some downscaling and tests with the ones they already uploaded and even though the ISO is worse at lower resolution compared to 1440p and 2160p it still is superior to the old 1080p footage with the NR in place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...