Jump to content

newfoundmass

Members
  • Posts

    2,536
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by newfoundmass

  1. 5 minutes ago, Coiii said:

    Why would you shoot on set with a Canon R5 if you know that the camera needs to be on always on? If you have budget for a studio, crew and talent, you sure have enough money to rent a better camera for the job.

    Why would you shoot with an R5 at all if there's even remotely a chance that it'll overheat? 

    I am not much of a filmmaker, I've only recently started dabbling in that aspect, but for event filming, corporate, commercial work and interviews I don't turn off the camera unless I absolutely have to. Is it common to turn cameras on and off on a film set? 

  2. 2 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

    Problem is that he is not recording so all the canon has histogram but goas away while you record a video. 1Dx III does it would be cool if it finally stays on.... at least this one has zebra

     

    Really? My experience with Canon cameras is limited. Sorry if I spread misinfo, just assumed he was turning it off and on to show it has it. 

  3. 6 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

    Wow the overheating is bad.

     

    How can anybody go into a paid shoot, knowing they will at random intervals have to wait 10 minutes for the camera to cool in an OFF state, before only being able to record for another 10 minutes?

    Don't think it will be exactly Netflix approved with that behaviour.

    It's wild how Canon and Sony have seemingly switched places. 

  4. Honestly if you can't handle a little lag when using an external monitor you probably shouldn't be using anything with an HDMI out because there will always be a little lag, no matter the recorder / monitor. Either learn to live with it or use a camera with SDI out. 

    I film a lot of action stuff, so I only use an external monitor for interviews / corporate / commercial work to nail focus and see things on a larger screen. I'd never use a monitor for my wrestling or other sports work. 

  5. I think it depends on what program you use to edit, but most people I know transcode it to ProRes for editing. 

    Fuji OIS is decent, but you're not going to get Panasonic level stability. It's really hard to explain how good Panasonic stabilization is, you need to kind of experience it. It changed how I filmed. 

×
×
  • Create New...