Jump to content

MurtlandPhoto

Members
  • Posts

    362
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MurtlandPhoto

  1. The 6K Pro is a vastly better pick-up-and-go camera than the 4K – decent internal battery life, EVF, tilting screen, NDs, better in the hand. So in that way, it's more fun. I gotta say though, I went the opposite way. Blackmagic pocket cams to Sony mirrorless. I'm having way more fun now lol.
  2. BMD has used the phrase "camera updates" to mean firmware updates as well as new cameras in the past. Hoping for the latter.
  3. Low margin, high volume strategy is likely at play, here. They'll sell many more S5ii's than the more expensive S1H(ii?) and recoup R&D and other costs through sheer market saturation. Most entry level cameras have followed this principle for years.
  4. Agreed. I think many people would happily pay a little more for it, too.
  5. The USB-SSD recording and IP streaming are also unique to the S5iiX. If there's any chance you'll someday want the $200 raw upgrade to the regular S5ii, it's worth just ponying up at the start and getting the S5iiX for these extras IMO.
  6. Agreed. I got lost in the details on my first set as DoP. The director set me straight really quick and things were better for it.
  7. I think you're spot on. There's no way they'd not mention Panasonic without some sort of NDA prohibiting them from doing so.
  8. Lol I'm there with you! It would be absolute madness to make this mistake again, but...
  9. Panasonic didn't even give the flagship GH6 this kind of treatment, so I highly doubt it is a G9ii. With all the little hints combined I really think it's either a new camera release with truly improved autofocus OR an autofocus module for existing cameras OR both 🙂
  10. Upfront quote, quick, easy, & insured, but less $$$: MPB or KEH Slower quote, easy, & insured, less $$$: Adorama More work, more money: Facebook groups, Fredmiranda.com Ebay is a dice roll. You get the most exposure so things will probably sell quickly, but the fees often diminish your profits. Plus, there is always risk of fraud and other bullcrap there.
  11. $999 for a C100 M2 is a very good price. For livestreams and convention circuit work it is an incredible value for that money. FS5 comes with its own headaches. To each their own.,
  12. It's definitely in impulse-buy territory now. I never would have imagined that happening 6 years ago when I was shooting with it daily. Coincidentally, Adorama had a good condition C100Mii in their ebay store for $999 two days ago that I foolishly didn't jump on.
  13. Sony's breathing compensation, at least for now, only works with some of their more expensive G and G Master lenses–no third party lens support as of yet. That could be a deal breaker for some.
  14. This is a large reason I like the DJI wireless mic. I can have the wireless signal embedded in my video files, but the transmitter is constantly recording even while the camera isn't recording. So, I'll always have audio. It's been a manageable setup for my small 2-3 minute doco shoots. I can see it getting very unwieldy on longer pieces. It doesn't replace a timecode setup, but functionally speaking it accomplishes some of the same goals.
  15. I have a Tascam DR-10L and love it within its limitations. Lately, the kit I've used for almost everything is the DJI Wireless Mic. Two transmitters and one receiver, onboard recording, mic jack for lavs, good reception, great battery life, charging case, excellent user interface. I really ticks all the boxes for me as a solo run and gun shooter.
  16. Have you seen the sequel, Out There, yet?? I liked it, but WNUF is definitely my favorite of the two.
  17. I'm also enjoying some early Simpson's Treehouse of Horror and Are You Afraid of the Dark? to relive some childhood trauma lol. I HIGHLY recommend the director's cut of Doctor Sleep since you're a Shining fan. It somehow is a great sequel to both the movie and the book. Three movies I watch every Halloween are WNUF Halloween Special, Trick r Treat, and The Guest. All worth checking out for something new.
  18. I agree with most of your points, but this one right here is precisely why this camera is very exciting for many people. Pretty remarkable camera for the price—a worthy upgrade for many APS-C Sony shooters, a great B cam for FF Sony shooters, and most importantly a gateway camera to get people into the Sony product pipeline all the way up to Venice.
  19. I'm super intrigued by it. I'm a hybrid A7siii and A7iv shooter. They both serve their specific needs really well with plenty of overlap in the middle to make them a great pairing. For $1,800, this FX30 really makes a strong case as a solid C camera or even a B or A camera in certain situations. Sports videographers will flock to this for the extra reach you get with 4K120.
  20. Thinking of you and your family during this impossibly difficult time. Cancer is a most cruel thief of good in this world. There are no words to comfort, only time. Your post is a beautiful tribute to someone I've never known, but now feel I have one small glimpse into. Take care of yourself, Andrew.
  21. S model cameras have been the bane of forums' existences for generations 😅
  22. It's nice to see this full admission, but I think everyone figured that out the moment the GH3 was released. Panasonic took massive strides to make that camera everything that a hacked GH2 was and more. Definitely seemed to have inspired them to big change.
  23. I'm in love with my A7iv. It sorta of surprised me TBH. I've been making some major kit changes and decided to dip my toe into Sony with the A7iv just to see how I liked it. Within just a few days I was convinced that Sony was the right path forward for me and sold everything to rebuild my kit with the A7iv and A7s iii. No regrets whatsoever other than I wish I'd gone this route a little sooner. The two cameras pair really nicely together, both with some unique features that make it worth having one of each. With all factors added in, I do think the A7iv is the better all-around video camera for most people's needs.
×
×
  • Create New...