Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roman

Olympus EM-10 or Panasonic GX7??

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

So i'm a Canon 5D Mark III owner and i'm looking for a smaller compact camera as a travel camera, B cam and for street photography. I mainly do video, so video features and quality is important but stills is equally important for personal projects if i'm not taking my Canon out. 

I've narrowed my choice down to two options - the Oly EM-10 and the Pany GX7. As far as i'm aware the picture quality (in stills) for both cameras is similar. However the GX7 has a 1/8000s mechanical shutter and a silent electronic shutter (which i'm not sure the EM10 has) and I do like the tilting EVF. 

The EM10 however has that fantastic IBIS (3 axis not 5 but footage shows it works almost as well). The only thing that is disappointing is the 30p restriction and the video quality/options aren't up to par with the GX7.

Can anyone offer me any advice on which they think is a better choice? Particularly if you own or have used either of these cameras (or even the similar EM-5/EM-1) please share your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks!

EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The 3 axis stabalization will be good but for me doesn't trump the better handling/interface, video focus peaking and video quality of the GX7.

I feel the opposite, and I'm a GX7 owner.  Depends on what you're doing though and how you want to do it.  I have a project coming up that 5-axis stabilization will help make much more productive.

If it were only about image resolution/robustness though, I'd stick with my GX7.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Panasonic GH4 shooting kit
      By Tim Sewell
      Hi
      I'll post pics over the weekend, but the package is as follows:
      GH4 body with V-Log upgrade installed and original battery. Box (slightly ripped) included. (eyecup missing)
      Panasonic 14mm f2.5
      Panasonic 'kit' lens
      2 aftermarket batteries (about 75% of native battery's endurance)
      Honu cage
      Lockcircle Lockport HDMI adapter
      Metabones Speedbooster XL EF - M4/3

All the kit is in good to very good condition.
      I'm looking for £1400 the lot - must be a member with history, pref in person (Brighton or London) or via Paypal (buyer pays fees) or bank transfer.
      Buyer also to pay shipping costs.
      Or preferably I'd like to trade for a Canon XC10 with card and reader.
    • (JP) Olympus EM5II Limited Edition Titanium - barely used
      By dvcrn
      Bought it a few months ago. Love the fantastic design of the limited edition but switched to a different body and just can't let it collect dust. Barely used. 
      Includes everything that came with it:
      Limited edition color Strap Battery Charger USB cord Papers No box, no lens. Body only. 
      Preferably pickup anywhere in Tokyo. 
      Asking 85.000 yen

• Touch the Stars. Panasonic G7 Time-Lapse 4K.
      By ExcitingRussia
      This video was recorded close to Shirokovskaya hydrostation (Russia, Perm region). 
      The hydrostation was built mostly by German prisoners of war during the world war second years.
      Video shows satellites motion, Perseids star stream and the Milky Way. Almost 2000 frames were made for 8 recording hours.
      Camera:
      Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
      Lens:
      Panasonic 14-140mm f/4.0-5.8
      Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Canon EF (Zhongyi Lens Turbo adapter EF-m43)
      Samyang 24mm f/1.4 Canon EF (Zhongyi Lens Turbo adapter EF-m43)

• Panasonic GX85 with 12-32 ,30 Macro, 42.5 F1.7
      By JustShootMe
      For sale my Panasonic kit , I'm new here but have been lurking for quite a while. Plenty of feedback on FM.

The Package
      Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-32mm Lens Panasonic LUMIX G MACRO 30mm f/2.8 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens Panasonic LUMIX G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens In like new condition , comes with original box , warranty card , battery , strap, etc
      All lenses also come with boxes , caps, etc
      Price includes shipping , 1000 Shipped for all 3 , I pay shipping , you cover paypal fees. 50+ positive transactions on FredMiranda.com ....
      http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1440960/0#13662041

• Panasonic AF 101 open to offers!
      By andrew berekdar
      I'm selling a Panasonic AF 101 in very good condition.
      Let's say asking price is £1,995 but I'm open to sensible offers as the camera is not in use now since buying a Canon C100mk2.
      Camera is in London, inspection welcome. 
      Thanks!
      Andrew
      PS I also have a Tecpro Fellini LED Panel light by Dedo (Daylight version) with Case and Compact Stand, Diffusion, Mains adapter.
      I'm asking for £550 (CVP price is £825 inc VAT)