Andrew Reid

Sony RX10 M2 - first part of my review and a mini-comparison with the A7S and Canon 1D C

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

SanDisk are usually higher quality than Transcend and if they advertise up to 90 MB/s write instead of the 65 from the Transcends, I'm pretty sure they will work. Kaylee can probably tell us that they do.

edit: oops i forgot i ended up getting this actually http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-pixtor-advanced-64gb-sdxc-class-10-uhs-3-memory-card-black-gold/7801057.p?id=1219290682626&skuId=7801057

so i cant be of any help there; it worked perfectly but it is U3. i returned it for 2 Transcends for the same price ?

I felt really bad when i knew about it, since i shoot mainly events. RX10 is a versatile camera with all the goofy frame rates and S-log and supreme 4k. have strongly  decided to buy it, thats when i knew it has f-king 5 min limit. hmm...may be i wait for panasonic contender. 

I felt really bad when i knew about it, since i shoot mainly events. RX10 is a versatile camera with all the goofy frame rates and S-log and supreme 4k. have strongly  decided to buy it, thats when i knew it has f-king 5 min limit. hmm...may be i wait for panasonic contender. 

Again: I'd wait for an actual human being with an Asian model in hand to confirm it.

edit: oops i forgot i ended up getting this actually http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-pixtor-advanced-64gb-sdxc-class-10-uhs-3-memory-card-black-gold/7801057.p?id=1219290682626&skuId=7801057

so i cant be of any help there; it worked perfectly but it is U3. i returned it for 2 Transcends for the same price ?

Nvm, all that counts is that you're enjoying using the camera. :d

Did one the owners record 4k for 29 mins and then started another clip right away? Sorry, but for me its sometimes important to use and record on a camera for a long time. I know these are consumer cameras, but the rx10 ii could be the perfect B Cam for my 1D-C. Cool if you are ok with only recording shorter clips - most of the time I am too, but for recording interviews and events I need a camera that records for a long time - everytime.

I haven't, but it wasn't overly warm after 27 or so minutes of 4K recording. Also I believe that due to the body ergonomics the RX10 isn't as overheating prone as the (even if improved) A7RII. Still, though, I'd never expect Canon reliability from the Sony. The lens does seem a bit frail for the long run imho.

Nvm, all that counts is that you're enjoying using the camera. :d

Thats so nice thank you!!!! Im lovin this lil cam  

ive barely had a chance to use it, just got it the other day, but my first experience shooting with it (or any sony mirrorless for that matter) was great insofar as i found it intuitive enough to use without knowing how it worked~! it came late in the day and the sun was setting so i just wanted to get something on a memory card before dark

when i took a look at what was literally the first clip i [accidentally lol] shot on my mac i was surprised and delighted –– a heck of a difference from my experience with so many lousy video tools over the years; so that makes me real happy ?

half the reason i got this camera was to (frugally) finally get some first hand experience with the fabled and controversial slog2. i will not derail this thread with slog2 grading discussion but so far so good??? :flushed:

Just got the following reply from Sony Digital Camera Thailand's Facebook page:

"Super-real 4K movie with Pro-grade XAVC S codec feature for casual 4K shooting of up to 5 minutes"

https://www.facebook.com/SonyDigitalCameraThailand

I'm 90% sure this is a mistake in their literature. Need to get to 99% though. ;)

Here's a new review, first time for this guy. Great stuff, I love him. Confirms that this camera is awesome and that it doesn't overheat, so I think we can put the five minute bullshitometer up to 95%. Another Sony page did reply to me on Facebook then deleted it immediately, so they are not 100% sure either. Anyway we should get confirmation soon and then it is time to buy. The reviewer also talks about the A7rii so maybe it should be shared there too? This guy is well worth subscribing to...

Here's a new review, first time for this guy. Great stuff, I love him. Confirms that this camera is awesome and that it doesn't overheat, so I think we can put the five minute bullshitometer up to 95%. Another Sony page did reply to me on Facebook then deleted it immediately, so they are not 100% sure either. Anyway we should get confirmation soon and then it is time to buy. The reviewer also talks about the A7rii so maybe it should be shared there too? This guy is well worth subscribing to...

This guy rules. I hope he keeps reviewing cameras.

"I do alot of asian weddings."

Yeah that photo at 7.28 was really blown out in the sky, but the bride actually looked awesome. The black and white one looked great to me. I took it as this being someone who isn't obsessed with things that we necessarily always need to care about. I thought it might be Mickey Mouse time when I saw that first photo but I left thinking this is an interesting guy who has been at it along time and has his own opinions and standards. I think he might be a guy that is willing to let a sky look nastily overblown for the sake of getting the best shot of the bride and groom. Whereas most people would want to play by the rules at their expense. I dunno, I am still a noob.

I really want to know does it overheat in 4K mode?

Not after 30 minutes of continuous recording and I doubt it's generally much of an issue, the sensor is small and the body quite substantial. The camera has never felt too hot, either.

Dear Andrew, 

I bought this camera and I do love it. I bought it though for mostly 4K video which is fantastic but the selling feature for me was the ability to record 4K while taking 16.8 MP stills.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to take photos while recording in 4K, I've downloaded the manual and a help guide but nowhere does it state this, yet everywhere I read it states this "16.8-megapixel stills can be captured while recording 4K movies" and here is one of the sites

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-rx10-ii/sony-rx10-iiA.HTM

If anyone can help on this matter please do so I'm lost & tried just about everything with every card possible and still a no go.

I don't see why Sony would leave this out, I also own a Sony AX100 a great 4K video camera and it allows me to take stills while recording in 4K albeit not as good as the Sony RX10 MII

Cheers

Chris

Dear Andrew, 

I bought this camera and I do love it. I bought it though for mostly 4K video which is fantastic but the selling feature for me was the ability to record 4K while taking 16.8 MP stills.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to take photos while recording in 4K, I've downloaded the manual and a help guide but nowhere does it state this, yet everywhere I read it states this "16.8-megapixel stills can be captured while recording 4K movies" and here is one of the sites

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-rx10-ii/sony-rx10-iiA.HTM

If anyone can help on this matter please do so I'm lost & tried just about everything with every card possible and still a no go.

Cheers

Chris

Watch the video on the previous page. He says what to press and I think he also says that the photos are random. Fairly sure he says you can just press the button too, perhaps just once whatever he selects is turned on.

Watch the video on the previous page. He says what to press and I think he also says that the photos are random. Fairly sure he says you can just press the button too, perhaps just once whatever he selects is turned on.

No, he never said you can record stills in 4K, he only said that you can record stills when filming in HD meaning 1080P only, I can do that too, I can't figure out the 4K video recording and taking stills at the same time. Maybe it's not possible and most of these sites have a misprint or a misunderstanding and wrote in the wrong info.

I don't see why Sony would leave this out, I also own a Sony AX100 a great 4K video camera and it allows me to take stills while recording in 4K albeit not as good as the Sony RX10 MII