If I could only have ONE CAMERA

zlfan

On 12/5/2023 at 12:43 AM, Emanuel said:

Distinct applications among them film production, VFX, film transfer.

To those, wondering why 12K serves... seems not too far of other ones, after all! LOL :- )

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 12/4/2023 at 7:48 AM, Emanuel said:

But if I would have only to buy one and carry with me? DJI Mini 4 Pro because flies too! LOL : )

On the ground to have with me all around? Osmo Pocket 3 or the new Ace Pro has also impressed me. Its 8K 24p looks like a winner there.

A camera unfortunately or not is the one we can use.

Going to a set? Ursa Mini Pro 12K, for some reason I've just purchased it :- )

Along the line of thinking “camera with you” of those 3 , which image do you prefer the most ? 

6 hours ago, SRV1981 said:

Along the line of thinking “camera with you” of those 3 , which image do you prefer the most ? 

Ursa Mini Pro 12K, even though I am an usual suspect ; ) 'cause I love anything coming from this camera manufacturer... :- )

7 hours ago, SRV1981 said:

DJI Mini 4 Pro because flies too! LOL : )

On the ground to have with me all around? Osmo Pocket 3 or the new Ace Pro has also impressed me. Its 8K 24p looks like a winner there.

Sorry I meant this crop

of cameras not ursa lol

I’d definitely get something capable of 60fps because, as we all know, 24fps is so outdated…

(But probably either a Blackmagic offering or an Insta360 - and whichever I got I’d have times of regret.)

if 7d2 magic lantern matures, probably it. can do 1080p 60p s35 no alias no moire. the major issue is just like 5d3ml, no realtime high res preview on its own lcd. crop mood is so good for this. I like eos m, 100d too, although ml is not as stable as 650d/700d, but smaller, especially m, with a pancake lens, not much larger than the GoPro 12. 

On 5/17/2024 at 3:54 AM, zlfan said:

if 7d2 magic lantern matures, probably it. can do 1080p 60p s35 no alias no moire. the major issue is just like 5d3ml, no realtime high res preview on its own lcd. crop mood is so good for this. I like eos m, 100d too, although ml is not as stable as 650d/700d, but smaller, especially m, with a pancake lens, not much larger than the GoPro 12. 

For Sale

Blackmagic 4k.

Blackmagic 6k.

Blackmagic Studio.

Sony A7S3, AX53.

Wanted

GoPro 12

On 5/17/2024 at 4:54 AM, zlfan said:

Are there any good eos r or 7d2 magic lantern videos? I saw a 5diii magic lantern vs eos r magic lantern, but found that the 5diii had more DR over the eos r. Could be a bad test. 

Don't have any canons left, to test myself. Strange that there are no comparison video's online. Like eos r magic lantern vs pocket 6k, a7s iii, s5 and so on.

3 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Are there any good eos r or 7d2 magic lantern videos? I saw a 5diii magic lantern vs eos r magic lantern, but found that the 5diii had more DR over the eos r. Could be a bad test. 

Don't have any canons left, to test myself. Strange that there are no comparison video's online. Like eos r magic lantern vs pocket 6k, a7s iii, s5 and so on.

I'd imagine that the ML folks would be pretty good at getting the RAW sensor readout, so the DR of each implementation should be the same as the RAW still images, so perhaps just look those up to compare?

The Panasonic S5 for me. Better internal video quality than the S5II and not as big as the S1 and S1H.
Of course the S5II has better AF, but I can't stand the internal video engine of this camera.

The GH6 when using 5,7K ProRes is a good alternative too.

18 hours ago, kye said:

I'd imagine that the ML folks would be pretty good at getting the RAW sensor readout, so the DR of each implementation should be the same as the RAW still images, so perhaps just look those up to compare?

Its about 1.5 stops more DR. Not a huge jump. Not sure if the r5 will be able to run magic lantern at some point. That jump would make more sense to me. Allthough the r5 would overheat after 2 mins I guess.

On 5/16/2024 at 7:54 PM, zlfan said:

to correct this. if only operates in 1080p full sensor s35 modes, actually lcd is high res high fps realtime. the preview issues are in the high res modes.