Andrew Reid

Lenses

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, kidzrevil said:

@mercer the cosmicar for sure. I like the look of it even though its not as sharp as the first shot

Yeah that Cosmicar seems to have a nice mixture of vintage and modern look to it. I wish I was a better colorist to get the most out of it, though. It's a very cool lens, I only spent 21 bucks in NOS.

@kidzrevil I have the 50mm 1.7 and love it. I also heard it was sharper than the 1.4, which is why I got it. (It was also cheaper!) It's one of my favorite lenses for stills. I use it for video quite often too, but here's a couple stills I've taken that I think really show off the lovely rendering of this fine piece of glass:

SAM_3692.jpg

zeiss_1.jpg

zeiss_2.jpg

zeiss_3.jpg

zeiss_4.jpg

zeiss 5.jpg

Hi i hope Andy lee is stil a regular here.

I'm now on page 19 of these thread and there is a lot writen about the Yashica ML lenses, but the most is about the primes. Im interested if the zoom ML lenses are also good. I can get a Yashica 80-200 mm 1:4 for about 30 €. Is it worth it?

BR Tomaž

3 hours ago, Nikkor said:

Nikon has a new nikkor 105 1.4 in the makings, kind of a pointless lens but for the portrait bokeh whores this will be THE lens.

May i ask why its pointless? its the longest f1.4 dslr lens, it will be amazing for portraits.

23 minutes ago, BrorSvensson said:

May i ask why its pointless? its the longest f1.4 dslr lens, it will be amazing for portraits.

Like cantsin said, a portrait with a 105 f2 is already pretty much overkill, 1.4... If the lens is very good at 1.4 I can see it being used on environmental portraits, but the AF has to be very accurate and fast plus the lens has to be very good.

1 hour ago, Nikkor said:

Like cantsin said, a portrait with a 105 f2 is already pretty much overkill, 1.4... If the lens is very good at 1.4 I can see it being used on environmental portraits, but the AF has to be very accurate and fast plus the lens has to be very good.

is the canon 85mm 1.2 pointless then also? so many wedding photographers rely on that lens at f1.2, its a specific style.