Jump to content

Lenses - Sticky Topic


Andrew Reid
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TARS said:

The Panasonic Leica 8-18mm was officially announced this morning. Cheaper than I thought.

http://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-8-18mm-lens-announced/

And it accepts filters!

Tomorrow I'll be uploading a comparison between the Olympus 25mm f/1.2 and Sigma DC DN 30mm f/1.4. It's probably going to be a grand slam though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jonpais said:

And it accepts filters!

Tomorrow I'll be uploading a comparison between the Olympus 25mm f/1.2 and Sigma DC DN 30mm f/1.4. It's probably going to be a grand slam though. 

Yes!!...I should never have bought the 12-60:bawling::glasses:...now I'll be compelled to get this as the companion for that lens...the price is actually excellent for a reasonably fast very wide zoom by Leica though!...I had expected it around the 1300 to 1500 range...oh well...you can't take it with you one day....

3 hours ago, jonpais said:
7 hours ago, TARS said:

The Panasonic Leica 8-18mm was officially announced this morning. Cheaper than I thought.

http://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-8-18mm-lens-announced/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Yes!!...I should never have bought the 12-60:bawling::glasses:...now I'll be compelled to get this as the companion for that lens...the price is actually excellent for a reasonably fast very wide zoom by Leica though!...I had expected it around the 1300 to 1500 range...oh well...you can't take it with you one day....

 

Even the older Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 looks incredible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

Even the older Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 looks incredible.

 

Yes!...and at $250 more at f2.8 the Leica seems like incredible value...I forget whether you have the 12-60 Jonpais, but for a metal housing the 12-60 L is incredibly light...seems like the 8-18 would be a good vlogging  lens for you or is it too wide?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Yes!...and at $250 more at f2.8 the Leica seems like incredible value...I forget whether you have the 12-60 Jonpais, but for a metal housing the 12-60 L is incredibly light...seems like the 8-18 would be a good vlogging  lens for you or is it too wide?

I think it would be awesome. The shots Dan gets of Austin in the video above are beautiful. I'll be keeping an eye on the Leica, too. What's held me back from getting a super wide has been the lack of a filter thread, and the Leica's got one. I've got the Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 v.1, but I've been trying to sell it. I prefer working with primes. But the Leica, maybe. Like Dan says, holding your arm outstretched all day shooting at 12mm is uncomfortable, the wider lens would certainly help. But it will also make my nose as long as a football field!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still shooting the comparison between the $1,200.00 USD Olympus 25mm f/1.2 'Pro' and the $300.00 USD Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DCDN. It's looking like if you're willing to step back a foot or so, you can save yourself $900 and get just as good if not better image quality with the Sigma. Anyhow, still not finished testing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

Voigtlander 20mm 3.5 Still love this guy!

olia_2.1.2.T.jpg

 

Hey Geoff, is that an m-mount lens? On your Sony A7s?

Thats like a 14mm on s35. Now I am interested to see if my eye prooved my right :)

I have the Canon FD 20mm F2.8, beautiful made lens. But would guess it has a tstop of 3.5+ though.

Your lens lookin great. Remember the aperture? Did you shoot it with your color settings?

Mind showing some footage with your voigtlaender?

cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

Nikkor 20mm f3.5 + Tiffen Satin + Metabones Speedbooster XL

 

IMG_1036.PNG

 

Hot darn! This is looking sweet! Wide open on G85? Just checked the x resolution. 2048px, what the cinema 2k heck is up with that! :)

Oh, can you please post that footage? This looks awesome! Is this in Cine D, all zero but sharpness at -5? What iso, 2/3 underexposed? Oh, so many

questions! Sorry bout that:) cheers

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

 

Hey Geoff, is that an m-mount lens? On your Sony A7s?

Thats like a 14mm on s35. Now I am interested to see if my eye prooved my right :)

I have the Canon FD 20mm F2.8, beautiful made lens. But would guess it has a tstop of 3.5+ though.

Your lens lookin great. Remember the aperture? Did you shoot it with your color settings?

Mind showing some footage with your voigtlaender?

cheers

It's a voigtlander 20mm F3.5 SL (Nikon mount) at F4 on a7r II in 1080p. Yes I shot it with my GFILM settings. Making the short video now, should be up tomorrow, filmed kids my wife is babysitting playing in the mud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

@PannySVHS 

this is the vid for the nikkor 20mm f3.5 on speedbooster xl. This was shot wide open at -3 sharpness (will use -5 from now on) portrait picturestyle panasonic g80. 1440p for your viewing pleasure

 

Hey Kidz!

Looking really beautiful, you and G80 pushing it color wise, this is really exellent! Color and contrast at -5 and pushed back in post?

Lens looking fantastic too at 3.5! 20mm boosted- guess gotta play little more with my fd 20mm 2.8, which hasnt seen much love yet.

22 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

It's a voigtlander 20mm F3.5 SL (Nikon mount) at F4 on a7r II in 1080p. Yes I shot it with my GFILM settings. Making the short video now, should be up tomorrow, filmed kids my wife is babysitting playing in the mud.

wow! color and lens lookin fantastic! I thought Gregmannschafts video looked super awesome with your Gfilm settings! Thanx for sharing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...