Jump to content

Lenses - Sticky Topic


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got myself some new glass for Christmas. I do prefer native lenses but the Sigma Speedbooster combo works really well! Screengrabs from GH5 + Speedbooxter XL + Sigma 35/1.4 + Black Pro Mist 1/4. 

Just got a Voigtlander 40mm 1.2. Haven't had a chance to test in video yet. But DAMN

A few stills from a shoot last night all on the Pocket 4K XL and CZ 35mm 2.8. 

Posted Images

If you are on a budget sand want a superb cinema quality constant appperture zoom that is just as good optically as the tokina/angenieux then get the canon FD 35-70 f4 and put it on a canon FD speedbooster that makes it f2.8 and even sharper ......this lens is optically amazing its small light internal zoom and about £30 on eBay .......everyone should have one !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, andy lee said:

If you are on a budget sand want a superb cinema quality constant appperture zoom that is just as good optically as the tokina/angenieux then get the canon FD 35-70 f4 and put it on a canon FD speedbooster that makes it f2.8 and even sharper ......this lens is optically amazing its small light internal zoom and about £30 on eBay .......everyone should have one !!

Great lens. I bought this on a whim for 30 bucks. 

Here it is on an eos-m...

Almost zero breathing and amazing bokeh for an f4 lens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sandro said:

How did you find this?? I just love no focus breathing lenses now!

I was just looking for a constant aperture zoom. I looked on eBay and saw the 35-105mm and then found this. For 30 bucks I thought what the hell. I had a small set of FD lenses. I sold all of them... Some of which I paid 3 or 4 times more, but won't sell this. The only issue I have with the lens is that the filter ring is recessed, so it is hard to mount and nd filter. But even at 5.6 you get good bokeh. In fact, I don't think any of the shallow focus shots in that video were shot wide open. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mercer said:

I was just looking for a constant aperture zoom. I looked on eBay and saw the 35-105mm and then found this. For 30 bucks I thought what the hell. I had a small set of FD lenses. I sold all of them... Some of which I paid 3 or 4 times more, but won't sell this. The only issue I have with the lens is that the filter ring is recessed, so it is hard to mount and nd filter. But even at 5.6 you get good bokeh. In fact, I don't think any of the shallow focus shots in that video were shot wide open. 

So ND filters are impossibile to use?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two questions now:

- do you have a list of the best lenses for money with no focus breathing and parfocal?
- what is the best lenses I could get with an aperture of f2 or lower that is in the 10-24 range? I was thinking a samyang, I'm asking because I need to avoid ISO above 1600 for the NX1 and I noticed that f2.8 from the Tokina 11-16 is not enough sometimes :(

Obviously vintage lenses are more than welcome!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandro said:

I have two questions now:

- do you have a list of the best lenses for money with no focus breathing and parfocal?
- what is the best lenses I could get with an aperture of f2 or lower that is in the 10-24 range? I was thinking a samyang, I'm asking because I need to avoid ISO above 1600 for the NX1 and I noticed that f2.8 from the Tokina 11-16 is not enough sometimes :(

Obviously vintage lenses are more than welcome!

Going to be pretty hard to find for under $500. Nikon 20mm f1.8 is what immediately comes to mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...