Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/23/2018 at 2:20 AM, Matt Kieley said:

I DP'd a short recently. This was my first real test of my Fujinon-TV lenses on the BMMCC/BMPCC. The director/writer/editor added a sepia filter instead of the look we had talked about (I think maybe he just didn't know how to grade the log footage) so I put together this reel with my own grading.

Bravo from me for all - transfer of suspense, colors, framing, changes of sequences and usage of depth, movements.  And Mussorgsky as a invisible crown above all :) Just - lets the next be something less violent :)

• Super Members
6 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Ah, Tokyo. I'll be there next week. Sigma does a top job! Enjoy!

I'm probably going to get the 19mm version of it while I'm at it as they are just over £80 which is not far off half the UK price.

I still don't get on with the A6500 though!

On 23/05/2018 at 1:20 AM, Matt Kieley said:

I DP'd a short recently. This was my first real test of my Fujinon-TV lenses on the BMMCC/BMPCC. 

That's some intense colour right there and very filmic too. Is this all Filmconvert or did you add a lut in there? Also filming in bright sunlight were you able to use ND filters with the Fujinn TV lenses? I can't see any IR pollution here. 

• Super Members
27 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I'm about to begin testing the Veydras with my X-T2. Which would you like to see tested first? The 85mm, the 50mm or the 25mm?

None of them.

Every time you do a lens test I end up buying it and I'm completely skint at the moment ;)

12 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

It would be very interesting to see how the 50mm and 85mm compare to the same lengths on the 50-140mm Fuji f2.8 if you've still got that lens Jon?

Yep, still have it. Good idea.

I was just about to update to firmware v.4.0, but it turns out it had issues? 

On 5/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, jonpais said:

For me it is inspiring... But I always ask myself why do you make these shots just - as it seems to me - randomly and in form of test... It looks obvious that you are fond to portraiture, so I'd like to see results of painter-like full preparing/organization of images; subjects in accurate and well thought (symbolic) ambience and add-ons that participate in chosen meaning ... like this one with added scarf.

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I was just about to update to firmware v.4.0, but it turns out it had issues? 

These were the issues

1. When RAW files, which were taken by X-T2 (before firmware ver.4.00), are converted in camera (ver.4.00) or by “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”, they are not converted properly.
  2. When pressing the shutter button halfway under certain conditions, the live view can flicker.
  3. In rare cases, a hang-up can occur.

The rollback version has no internal FLOG or the high fps so, put it this way, none of those issues have prompted me to take 4.0 off my camera ;)

Its been removed off their site but we have our own copy here !