Artificial voices generated from text. The future of video narration?

Happy Daze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
40 minutes ago, kaylee said:

DEY TROOK OUR JAWBSS

anyone else out there getting they job took?

Not me.  My day job is in project management within a complex office environment.  As much as people are saying that AI will eliminate vast sections of office workers, with the complexity of office politics and "human behaviour" involved in most projects there's no way it's ready...

I did try PS Generative Fill on around 10 pictures that I wanted to remove stuff since a long time but it was just too much work and is crazy good especially if you just want to remove objects. It will just get better and better and will be applied to video too. Saving tons of tons of hours of work but also will make people loose their job. 

Also being able to use a prompt will also speed up things tremendously like "replace the pink t-shirt with a white shirt"...

26 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

University professor so I’ll definitely be replaced… not convinced that’s such a bad thing!

You really think it'll replace staff?

Despite free online courses, open source textbooks, etc, universities seem to me (an outsider) to be one of the least progressive workplaces in terms of structural changes.  

I've seen universities implement lots of cutting edge stuff (in 1995 one of my computer science lecturers wrote his own software to compare all assignments and flag who was copying from each other), but nothing that actually impacted the idea that people who've never seen the real world stand in front of students and try to explain the world by giving them a strictly theoretical understanding of things that mostly miss the point of the subject at hand 🙂 

kye no offense but you may talking this too literally lol. used car salesmen will not be 'replaced' any time soon, jobs that involve humanity as a necessity will be around for a long time. human teachers will always be very special. but – consider competing with a robot..........

heres two huge occupations for men and women in america

truck drivers? – bad news

waitresses? – not so bad

kno what i mean lol

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kaylee said:

Yeah, they're pretty remarkable.  Zooming out is an easier task as often the edges of the image don't include people, are often out-of-focus, and are usually of little consequence to the viewer of the image.

My take on AI image generation is that it will replace the generic soul-less images that are of people that no-one knows and no-one cares about.  It'll be sort-of generated stock images.

I think it will be a very very long time before anyone wants AI generated photos or video of people they know rather than the real thing, except in special cases, just because they're not real.

AI has been good enough to write fiction for literally decades, but hasn't overtaken people yet.  Reviewers thought this 1993 romance novel was better than the majority of human-written books in the genre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_This_Once

On 6/23/2023 at 2:14 AM, kye said:

Reviewers thought this 1993 romance novel was better than the majority of human-written books in the genre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_This_Once

this is fascinating

On 6/23/2023 at 2:14 AM, kye said:

My take on AI image generation is that it will replace the generic soul-less images that are of people that no-one knows and no-one cares about.  It'll be sort-of generated stock images.

itll be in motion soon in amazing ways, this is after effects (etc) in 3 years. itll be soooo crazy

/the vfx will be INSANE!!! itll be awesome for ppl with unique ideas, but v bad for a lot of ppl. what about truck divers?

what say you @Kubrickian @tupp @mercer