How well does Canon's RF 28-70mm F2L USM lens perform together with Canon's EOS C70 when filming handheld?By Maurits
Hi there, I just purchased Canon's EOS C70 and would like to complement it with Canon's RF 28-70mm F2L USM lens. Since that lens has no IS and I mostly film handheld and a lot of times in low light conditions, I am just wondering how well it performs together with the C70. Do the shots turn out to be very/too shaky? Of course the camera has electronic Image Stabiliser. Is that getting rid of shaky footage? Otherwise I'll (have to) go for the RF 24-70mm F/2.8 L IS USM lens. Best, Maurits
I just found 3 lenses in the attic. I attache a picture of them. For 1. and 2. i have some ideas, but i have no idea what 3. could be.
im using Canon EF, so my questions would be:
Can someone guide me / give me a hint / link about:
1. what are this guys (ok, i have idea about 1. and 2., but 3 - no idea.
2. what type of mount do they use?
3. what adaptor should i look for to mount them on Canon EF?
thanks for your kind answers :)[attachment=38764]l.jpg[/attachment]
By Paul Jonathan
Great to see that there is a dedicated lens section on this lovely forum now!
Ironglass, a Ukraine company, that has been offering cinemodded Russian lenses (such as the Helios 44-2) for a number of years is now offering a completely rehoused version of their lenses. I bought the original cinemods back in 2018 and am now thinking of upgrading. So I am familiar with their optical performance, however I would be interested if anyone here has seen these up close and can speak to their mechanical capacity, i.e. how well the rehouse is done. I've seen a number of announcements around the web from last fall, but no real hands-on reviews.
I'd be really grateful for anyone experiences on these!
- PRICE: $599
- STRETCH: 2X
- FOCUS: Double-focus
- PAYMENT METHOD: Paypal (fees to be paid after initial payment)
- LOCATION: Switzerland
- SHIPPING: Not included
- INCLUDED: Redstan rear adapter with foot support and Redstan front clamp (value = $100).
- CONDITION: No scratches and no fungus. Clean glass with the exception of a couple tiny spots on the rear glass. A couple of VERY light scratches that are only noticeable under a light source. Body shows some signs of wear but it works perfectly. Coatings are not flamboyant but the lens creates these signature purple/orange flares perfectly well. I wasn't able to get 1000% tack sharp images, so the lens might need to be serviced. It gives reasonably sharp results though, and my issue might actually come from my taking lens. Bought it from a fellow member of the Anamorphic Shooters group on FB and barely used it because of a decrease in filmmaking activity.
- COMMENTS: I can send some footage via wetransfer. Open to offers.