DanielVranic

SIRUI Anamorphic!

42 minutes ago, heart0less said:

Not only that!

Some people dislike blue flares, whereas others would do everything (no kidding, even to the point of removing lens coatings) to get them.
To each their own.
(( :

I myself got rid of two anamorphic adapters only because:
1) they didn't flare enough,
2) and if they did show some occasional flare, it was ugly greenish.

Right now, I own a beautiful Schneider Cinelux that gives me amber/magentish streaks. ?

Sounds positively heretical selling anamorphic lenses. i like a blue flare, i have also seen an iscorama that flared orange/red. I'd be temped sell a kidney or redraw on the mortgage to get that one ? i have heard that eiki's give a purple flare i think. So far my acquisitions have been at the  lower tier of the price spectrum ? Amber /margenta sounds interesting may have to google Schneider Cinelux.

I  do have a bolex anamorphic on the way i have heard their a rebranded sankor,  it has fungus issues, so theres a good chance that is going to be operated on ghetto style.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, leslie said:

Amber /margenta sounds interesting may have to google Schneider Cinelux

What's even more interesting about them is the fact that they are placed on the lower tier of the price spectrum, just where both of us like to aim. ( :
Cineluxes aren't that popular (don't know why, to be honest), so it takes some time to find one in good condition.

1 minute ago, leslie said:

i have heard that eiki's give a purple flare i think.

There is just so many things one could know about all these adapters.. It's a deep, dark pit..

I tried to stay up-to-date for about a year, but then I realised it doesn't help my creativity in any way.
That's why I decided to keep it simple (one cheap scope) and be done with it.

( :

8 minutes ago, heart0less said:

What's even more interesting about them is the fact that they are placed on the lower tier of the price spectrum, just where both of us like to aim. ( :
Cineluxes aren't that popular (don't know why, to be honest), so it takes some time to find one in good condition.

There is just so many things one could know about all these adapters.. It's a deep, dark pit..

I tried to stay up-to-date for about a year, but then I realised it doesn't help my creativity in any way.

( :

is that the one with the focusing on the front with an allen key or something ?

i cant do a different car everyday but  i happen to think an anamorphic a day is doable ?

24 minutes ago, heart0less said:

( :

Anamorphic is a rabbit hole.They're all different. Some flares in pink/yellow/amber/purple/magenta/blue. It's hard to just stop at one. So I collect them. Put them in cheap housing (rapido ones) and use them accordingly to my daily's mood. You can pair them with different taking lenses, modern ones, vintage ones, and make odd combination that flares and looks very differently. It's a endless search for the perfect combination that - of course - doesn't exist. It's a called a hobby I guess. 

In a way, projector lenses are almost more fun than big cinema lenses that we use on set. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't put a few grand in just one of them and be done with the endless search for the perfect anamorphics, then I remember that cine lenses tend to flare in blue (Pana, kowa, lomo, cineovison, technovision, atlas, etc.) and I come back to my projector lenses.

To go back on topics, I just watched the Tom Antos video about Sirui. It looks really poor at least on the anamorphic side of things. It's sharp, indeed, but flares are too saturated and they're not even horizontal which could be the result of bad alignement. It also flares way too much, probably because while looking almost spherical on the bokeh and distortion sides of things. The Vazen 40mm looks a million times better. Too bad it doesn't cover S35, otherwise I would have taken the plunge already.  

2 hours ago, leslie said:

is that the one with the focusing on the front with an allen key or something ?

Yup, that's the one.

2 hours ago, Julien416 said:

Anamorphic is a rabbit hole.They're all different. Some flares in pink/yellow/amber/purple/magenta/blue. It's hard to just stop at one. So I collect them. Put them in cheap housing (rapido ones) and use them accordingly to my daily's mood. You can pair them with different taking lenses, modern ones, vintage ones, and make odd combination that flares and looks very differently. It's a endless search for the perfect combination that - of course - doesn't exist. It's a called a hobby I guess. 

Couldn't agree more.