PART II : my new pocket sharp anamorphic set

Sebastien Farges

Hi my anamorphic friends !

Here are some new stuff taken with my favorite light and sharp anamorphic combo. Tell me what you think ! Thanks for watching !

https://vimeo.com/78594325

10688604023_11eb4f2b78_b.jpg

This movie has been shoot a week-end mid october in Bordeaux, and first week-end of november in the countryside. 
I'm glad to have now I think the perfect anamorphic set combination for my baby Hypergonar anamorphic lens. I bought few weeks ago a used Qioptiq C-mount lens, usually used in industry. This lens is very sharp, even at it's fastest aperture (f1.6) and this wide aperture is still usable with the anamorphic on it ! Some of the shot of the movie had been taken at f1.6.

10316478935_20d7eb1073_b.jpg

The Filick'r album :
flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157636631334626/

It was not possible to screw directly the anamorphic lens on the Qioptiq prime lens because the front barrel is turning when you focusing. So I ordered a special machined flat step up ring to attach the two lens. I've unscrewed the ring on the Qioptiq that is maintening the glass, and replace with the special machined flat ring. Then I screwed on it the original small Berthiot clamp that can align the anamorphic lens. Then I put the baby Berthiot hypergonar in it. The combination suits perfectly !
The weight of this anamorphic combo is quite light. The Hypergonar weight is 57 grams, the clamp maybe 20 grams, the Qioptiq is 210 gram, then the two filters (diopter + variable ND) and step up rings maybe 150 grams. So the total is around only 400 grams !
And finally using the OM-D with it's 5 axis stabilization system with an anamorphic combo is very useful !

Olympus om-d e-m5 / 1080p 30
Art4 "light tone" mode
no color correction
qioptiq linosMevis-C c-mount 35mm f1.6
baby hypergonar 1.75x anamorphic lens
tokina close-up 0.5
variable ND filter Cokin Pure Harmony
Xume magnetic filter attachments

music / soundtrack
vangelis / blade runner

Here is the first part of this pocket anamorphic set :
vimeo.com/77265744

And here is a movie taken with this lens alone :
vimeo.com/75065010

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By petertom
      Isco 2X Anamorphic 35mm cine projection Lens Clean On Ebay
      Price: $495.00
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Isco-2X-Anamorphic-35mm-cine-projection-Lens-Clean/312353136758?

• By Snuff
      For sale a rare 1937 Leitz Hektor Rapid 27mm f1.4 cinema lens (s/n 417161) for the Bolex H16 cinema camera. The lens covers full m43 sensor with a little vignetting and soft corners, great for cropped sensor of BMPCC, BMMCC, BMPCC4K (S16 mode). Examples of photos taken on a Lumix GX800 camera.
      The condition for its age is excellent: the case is clean with little signs of use, there are some dust and a bubble inside (this is typical of pre-war Leitz lenses), I did not notice the effect on the picture. The lens has been professionally serviced. A complete disassembly, cleaning and lubrication was carried out. The focus and aperture rings spin smoothly and effortlessly. The diaphragm is clean, 10 blades. The kit includes the original hood, front cap and c-mount adapter - m43 (MFT) with rear cap. There is focus on infinity. I will send the lens by mail worldwide.
      I shot this video with this lens Leitz Hektor Rapid 2.7cm f/1.4 on a Lumix GX800 camera: https://youtu.be/uIRKYGp6tg8
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/274428194426

• By PBR
      Hi everyone!
      I wanted to showcase my passion project "The Night Knows No Shore" here on EOSHD. I've been a long time reader of Andrew's blog and it was his footage that inspired me to get an Iscorama a long time ago. 
      After doing tests with it for a while I came up with this idea for a movie. And you can now see the result on youtube: 

It's a project made by one single actor and one single crew member (me) with one single focal length (a Canon FD 85mm 1.8) and one single focus anamorphic lens ( Iscorama pre-36). Don't expect much action. It's a slow film with lots of monologues and no real plot. It's about one young man's thoughts on society, religion, art, philosophy, life in general. Have a look. If you don't like all the "pretentious" talking, maybe you like the footage. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy! 

• By Carlostheepic
      Looking to buy a used FVD-16A (CANON).

• By Richard Peretti
      Hi guys,
      Found this packed away in the loft. Haven't used it in years. Open to offers, UK only please.
      Cheers