Let’s talk about spammers on eoshd

Shell64

There have been some strange spammers and I’m surprised some aren’t banned. Tompeter for example is still posting for sale ads, and has hundreds of posts for only that. 

Gujarish is also bad and copied and pasted reddit posts. I don’t think he posts anymore. 

This is is the  wackiest spammer I’ve ever seen:https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/27358-necklace-good-sized-quantities-34-a-brokerage-a-warrior-intricate-mastery/?tab=comments#comment-239500

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 hours ago, Shell64 said:

There have been some strange spammers and I’m surprised some aren’t banned. Tompeter for example is still posting for sale ads, and has hundreds of posts for only that. 

I've been complaining off and on about Tompeter for ages now :-/ ?

Makes the entire subforum somewhat useless to visit, as such a large chunk of it is spam. 

• Administrators

How the process works...

Millions of Russian and Chinese A.I. bots register at forums around the world, beating down the first line defence (Captcha)

Most are obvious when they make their first post. The first post from new registrations here are completely hidden to you guys and only shown for me so I can filter them out. I read the post and make a judgement on whether it's a real person or not. 99% it's easy. 1% of the time, a more sophisticated bot like you describe here will slip through but doing a cut and paste or convincing camera related topic.

This is where I need your help. If you spot repeated behaviour like this and you think it's a bot, please flag them in this topic or email me!

47 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

How the process works...

Millions of Russian and Chinese A.I. bots register at forums around the world, beating down the first line defence (Captcha)

Most are obvious when they make their first post. The first post from new registrations here are completely hidden to you guys and only shown for me so I can filter them out. I read the post and make a judgement on whether it's a real person or not. 99% it's easy. 1% of the time, a more sophisticated bot like you describe here will slip through but doing a cut and paste or convincing camera related topic.

This is where I need your help. If you spot repeated behaviour like this and you think it's a bot, please flag them in this topic or email me!

I’ll let you know if any others. Other than one person recently spamming leveled have seemed to go down. 

• Administrators

There are very few spammers on the forum, just a few bots slipped through the net that's all. But I still need help identifying problematic accounts, so you know where to post reports now - in this thread. Would be great, thanks.

14 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

There are very few spammers on the forum, just a few bots slipped through the net that's all. But I still need help identifying problematic accounts, so you know where to post reports now - in this thread. Would be great, thanks.

Please deal with this account:

https://www.eoshd.com/comments/profile/45696-tompeter/

This isn't someone who "barely interacts" in the main forums, but has zero interaction with other members in any other threads. His account purely exists to spam the For Sale Subforum. With all his links promoting hotdigital-international (& others) eBay accounts. (just done by an automated bot I'm sure)

Perhaps if he was posting really good deals then his spamming would be tolerable, but they're not. Every time you might click through to look at the auction you just think "meh", they're never even close to the best deal you could get on eBay. 

And the volume and which this bot account posts to the For Sale Subforum is so high that it spams the forum with unnecessary posts, diluting down the actually relevant For Sale posts made by forum contributors here.  

8 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Please deal with this account:

https://www.eoshd.com/comments/profile/45696-tompeter/

This isn't someone who "barely interacts" in the main forums, but has zero interaction with other members in any other threads. His account purely exists to spam the For Sale Subforum. With all his links promoting hotdigital-international (& others) eBay accounts. (just done by an automated bot I'm sure)

Perhaps if he was posting really good deals then his spamming would be tolerable, but they're not. Every time you might click through to look at the auction you just think "meh", they're never even close to the best deal you could get on eBay. 

And the volume and which this bot account posts to the For Sale Subforum is so high that it spams the forum with unnecessary posts, diluting down the actually relevant For Sale posts made by forum contributors here.  

YES. This guy needs to be banned. A lot of the spammers though aren’t active. But tompeter just won’t stop. Please ban. 

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Ah, you Finally get it lol. Peace and Serenity. Butterflies and well...Hmm, flying pigs. ?

flying pigs is going a bit far....unless of course you have a trebuchet handy. ?

personally he doesn't bother me much, but i dont go looking for bargains in the for sale section either. But i have to wonder what sort of bandwidth  his for sale ads   and web space cost  andrew .

Of course no one is talking about the elephant in the room, maybe its actually andrew. Perhaps c-log and pro log aren't selling so well and andrews had to diversify 

times are tough after all and britex is coming up.?