New music video for British legends "The Damned", shot on GH5

Oliver Daniel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Mark Romero 2Instead of posting this video in the section of the forum dedicated for showcasing one's work, this video was instead posted as look what the gh5 can do.  Oliver  stated:  "the GH5 is good enough for the big guns. Arguing over which camera is best these days isn't even worth the debate" 

Yes the gh5 can churn out minimal budget videos with the best of them. And Oliver does beautiful work.  But is Oliver correct? Are this forums debates about cameras worthless? 

Watch a few different music videos back to back.  Does an imaging system not impart a unique look or feel to the video?   View some of past "the damned" vids.  High end for the big guns?

3 hours ago, sam said:

Watch a few different music videos back to back.  Does an imaging system not impart a unique look or feel to the video?

It does.

Would the intended audience (fans of The Damned) notice the difference if this was shot on an Arri or a Red or an Ursa instead of GH5? Probably not.

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Would the intended audience (fans of The Damned) notice the difference if this was shot on an Arri or a Red or an Ursa instead of GH5? Probably not.

I first saw The Damned in 1977.

Most of us will be amazed its even in colour let alone anything else.

7 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

It does.

Based on the songs rank, it appears the damned have quite a few fans.  Who are you/I/we to judge a multitude on their intellect or taste?  

What I find intriguing is why the continual discussion, excitement, arguement etc... about new cameras if Oliver is correct?  Or why those like Juan Melara, continue to lug around beastly monstrosities costing small fortunes? I like the gh series cams as much as the next, but what is it about the current crop of smaller/budget cam shooters constantly reminding everyone how amazing their cam du jour is?  

7 hours ago, sam said:

What I find intriguing is why the continual discussion, excitement, arguement etc... about new cameras if Oliver is correct

but what is it about the current crop of smaller/budget cam shooters constantly reminding everyone how amazing their cam du jour is?

Because the same continual discussion etc. today belongs to everything that is 6 month newer?

Isn't it the same with current shooters with another camera sensors size or AF or color orientation?

Or basically the same with owners of best looking tulips, poodles or watches?