Jump to content
zerocool22

NAB 2018 blackmagic expectations

Recommended Posts

1: Hoping on Resolve 15, or big resolve upgrade.
- Hoping on serious improvement on the stabilizer (still need to use other NLE's at this point for that)
- Hoping for audio effects like Reverb, lowpass, distortion,  etc. 

2: Also hope for the Ursa mini pro, to get the GEN4 color science upgrade and customizable buttons on the handle (zoom etc), if they could do something about the screen that would be great aswell, as the color is way off on the screen atm, why didnt they stick with the UM46 screen?? I hate dragging another screen along. 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I hope for Resolve 15 to improve on the titling(titles, lower thirds, etc). That's super weak compared to most other features and doing it in Fusion is total overkill for what I need.

I really hoped for a new camera sized between BMPCC and BMCC but after getting so spoiled with IBIS (and seeing the related backlash for the GH5S) I wonder how much of a market there is still left for such a bare bones smallish cinema camera if the prices would end up 2 to 3k-ish (between a rock [UMP 4.6K, EVA1, C200] and a hard place [GH5, A7 III series]). The people who complain about SD cards for the GH5 won't like the media for a 4k raw small form camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still holding out hope for a Pocket mk ii.  S16 sensor size that records in 4k, ProRes and raw, with the same dynamic range as the current model.  Improved battery life would be nice, but we can't have everything, can we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im Looking for the URSA Micro 2.5k - 4k  modular kinda like red stuff

like a brain that looks like the Studio 4k Camera but you can add stuff optional, like a touch screen monitor, handle with lanc.

Perhaps it will come with SD Card slot and can only do 2.5k raw.

a optional add on for a CFAST Slot to unlock 4k raw.

 It can even be super 16 to protect their ursa mini line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I can tell you is there will be no more 2.5 or anything other than 4k in new BM cameras.

They've spoken to it and the issue is specifically heat while trying to get something like a crop of the 4.6 sensor into a Micro type body or even perhaps an enhanced Pocket system.

I'm sure it's coming in one of those iterations eventually, the big question is if they've solved the color science, DR, 4k small form factor and heat thing for this NAB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 11:19 PM, Aussie Ash said:

"URSA super mini 4.6K" super 35 .

A camera   smaller , lighter and more affordable than their UM4.6k.

Something with the Kinefinity Terra body form factor would be ideal. 

On 3/25/2018 at 12:55 PM, Jim Giberti said:

What I can tell you is there will be no more 2.5 or anything other than 4k in new BM cameras.

 


Yes, sadly so, I remember watching an interview with a BMD guy and it sounded like they wouldn't ever be releasing a non-4K camera in the future. 

As the market just isn't there for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IronFilm said:

... it sounded like they wouldn't ever be releasing a non-4K camera in the future. 

As the market just isn't there for them. 

I certainly wouldn't buy a new camera in 2018 that didn't do 4K.  But I think that there is still a market for an S16 sized sensor with film-like dynamic range, since there are so many lenses available that otherwise can't be used.  Also, Metabones already has a speedbooster available for that size sensor.  But I guess it comes down to technical limitations, overheating, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, Juxx989 said:

Im Looking for the URSA Micro 2.5k - 4k  modular kinda like red stuff

like a brain that looks like the Studio 4k Camera but you can add stuff optional, like a touch screen monitor, handle with lanc.

Perhaps it will come with SD Card slot and can only do 2.5k raw.

a optional add on for a CFAST Slot to unlock 4k raw.

 It can even be super 16 to protect their ursa mini line

Sounds like you're describing the Micro Studio Camera 4K.  ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you're describing the Micro Studio Camera 4K.  ;-)

I am if you look at a Micro Studio 4k it looks like a small URSA Mini   could look the same but have a module to add on the back with a Raw Recorder and a top or side fold out touch screen would look like the old Mini DV Cams when totally built out. could look something like this....

image.png.e87d72d908d167c8d6f8598c557784f1.png

but the sensor is only $1200, the Raw Module would be like extra $500 and the touch screen an extra $200 could be top or side mounted. you could tear it down or build it up..

if poor you can buy the parts over it over time. If a better sensor comes out you could upgrade the sensor part. 

Not an original Idea by any means  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 11:48 AM, Tim McC said:

But I think that there is still a market for an S16 sized sensor with film-like dynamic range, since there are so many lenses available that otherwise can't be used.

Is there really that many high quality ones? 

I think the Digital Bolex together with the BMPCC has already seen those sucked off the market and a spike in prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope BMD has been making money off of they’re cameras. I use my BMPCC over the office’s Canon C300 everytime we shot pitches and stuff. I just HATE the canon image, and hate working with it. But I’m also tired of explaining I can shoot 60p for slo-mo and other petty things they ask for. 

Edit - I do hope for some smaller format than the UMP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I think the Digital Bolex together with the BMPCC has already seen those sucked off the market and a spike in prices. 

Digital Bolex is done, but we can still hope for a BMPCC that does 4K. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 8:45 AM, Turboguard said:

I really hope BMD has been making money off of they’re cameras. I use my BMPCC over the office’s Canon C300 everytime we shot pitches and stuff. I just HATE the canon image, and hate working with it. But I’m also tired of explaining I can shoot 60p for slo-mo and other petty things they ask for. 

Can't?

Perhaps pick up the BMD Micro Cinema Camera for now on the cheap, which can do FHD 60fps

Does your office have a C300mk1 or mk2?

On 4/5/2018 at 8:45 AM, Turboguard said:

Edit - I do hope for some smaller format than the UMP.


Am hoping for a URSA Micro Pro! ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...