Lumix GH5 Downloadable Footage

Neumann Films

19 minutes ago, JazzBox said:

Nick Driftwood suggested me to buy "Movist" to preview the clips, since I am not able to download El Capitan from italian AppStore. I'll give it a try.

Always remember to download each and every OSX update. Don't install, just download it and then trash it. You're then gonna find it in your App Store archive.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Great advice Ronnie, thank you! I'll do it! :) 

Which is the best way to work whit files like those (24p and 30p from Luke's GH5)?
Transcoding? It is better before importing in the NLE with an external software or inside the NLE?

Excuse me if I ask, but it is the first time I have those problems, never had issues like this with ProRes 10 bit from GH4 + BMD Video Assist, Pocket and Micro Cinema Camera... :/ 

On 1/4/2017 at 5:33 PM, Neumann Films said:

I honestly thought they didn't even release it. I had to go searching the depths of YouTube just to find it on a channel that has 2 subscribers. 

Panasonic was really chill to work for and they loved the work that we did so...not sure what happened.  Guess EOSHD forums get the B-sides :)

Maybe hard to find at first, but your footage (and its variations ;) ) is the first thing that pops up on YT or Vimeo. 

Kudos for providing the footage for all to play, and for all your efforts (as in feedback) to make GH5 an even better camera. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 3:34 PM, Neumann Films said:

It seems a little better.  Base ISO is 400 I think, so maybe you're actually losing some by going higher?

The DXOMark results from the E-M1ii also seems to suggest a base ISO of 400 as there is no additional DR at ISO200.

https://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Olympus-OM-D-E-M1-Mark-II-sensor-review-New-standard

15 hours ago, hoodlum said:

The DXOMark results from the E-M1ii also seems to suggest a base ISO of 400 as there is no additional DR at ISO200.

https://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Olympus-OM-D-E-M1-Mark-II-sensor-review-New-standard

You kidding, same sports noise score like the Nikon D500, impressive, impossible. Well, maybe I shouldnt believe DXOs sensor measuring with 100% but only with 90% of belief :) 

Looks promising regarding the GH5 sensor. Combined with Panasonics clever processing this is gonna give us indeed some nice video quality, even moreso in 10bit AVC Intra.

Thanks a lot, Luke, for providing such great contributions, knowledge, footage and friendliness to this forum.

Last week the DOP of Laconia, a well received BBC TV mini (not the German voiced over talking heads edit!!:) gave us the honour and pleasure to stop by at our school. One of the things he told us how much of a pain shooting on 35mm was and how modern cameras allow you to get away with so much.

He also said, that a lot of what we remember regarding the 35mm look is due to its scanning process and digital projection and distribution.

With the GH5, just don´t go higher than 1250 or 1600 and you will be in wonderland:)