Sony a6500 limited record time

Cubanito

the camera offers about 16 minutes of continuous shooting time and, as a new feature for this model, also includes a special power mode designed for tripod recording. As explained by the Sony rep, this mode allows the camera temp to get a little hotter, offering around 29 minutes of uninterrupted recording time.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/blog/hands_on_sony_rx100_mark5_a6500/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

"In an interesting update, there's a new menu option which changes when the over-heating warning icon appears: there's Standard or High options, the latter simply allowing the camera to keep operating even when it's getting hot, although protection will still kick-in to prevent any damage. When shooting with the earlier A6300, I found the body could get quite hot to touch, and revealingly Sony's engineers recommended using the A6500 on a tripod when the temperature warning had been adjusted - not to do with stabilisation, but because the body may become uncomfortably hot."

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Alpha_A6500/

If you are OK with a bigger body, you might as well buy a cage with a fan built in. The compact body is perfect for the average consumer, who takes clips of 5-10 mins and primarily takes photos.

Mirrorless cams need to keep the small form factor - that it their primary appeal (for the general public). Filmmakers would never choose them if some Canon would implement an EVF with peaking, zebras, log, swivel-screen, no crop 4K, dualpixel AF etc. into their 5D body. But Sony and Panasonic filled their cams with video features and filmmakers took note.

20 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Because it's on a mobile device? Facebook streaming from anything but a phone/tablet is really difficult and annoying. I applaud them for getting the information out there.

So, they didn't have a better mobile device in the 4K world of nowadays, c'mon :P After all, 4K video on a smartphone only makes sense on their blog tests :D

However, I am not taking the poor acquisition by itself, also the idle unprofessional facebook plataform, even the lazy presentation...

BTW, I know I've had a busy working day today, but I even had a chance for a snap during the "screening", so I guess I am not the best one to praise such pretty eloquent test ;-)

7 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

So, they didn't have a better mobile device in the 4K world of nowadays, c'mon :P After all, 4K video on a smartphone only makes sense on their blog tests :D

However, I am not taking the poor acquisition by itself, also the idle unprofessional facebook plataform, even the lazy presentation...

BTW, I know I've had a busy working day today, but I even had a chance for a snap during the "screening", so I guess I am not the best one to praise such pretty eloquent test ;-)

I mean...it's free information. Seems weird to get upset at the okay video quality. Plus, the advantage of Facebook streaming is that people could ask questions during the video. If not for that, we wouldn't have known about the RS, room temp, firmware, etc.

59 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I mean...it's free information. Seems weird to get upset at the okay video quality. Plus, the advantage of Facebook streaming is that people could ask questions during the video. If not for that, we wouldn't have known about the RS, room temp, firmware, etc.

We live plainly in the digital economy, where free and premium tickets coexist altogether in the same package. Is that free lunch? I don't think so. That's just the rules of the game. As same as logging in on Facebook with some pathetic fake account because there's still people who refuse to put their own personal stuff/life online or need to click in the next messages to scroll down the page. When an useful blog article or a forum post like this one would fit much better. Again, is that properly professional?

Maybe that's just me who's used to old school and not fancy windows to discuss any topic such as politics, sports or whatever other trivia to pair a geek world for professionals all in one in the same location.

Comes to my mind the generalist TV channels or some information from sorta magazines/newspapers or even reviewers à la Mr. Neistat who approach in the same lighthearted manner a revolutionary manual focus quadcopter to follow the review on the 1st class flight food the day before.

Back to the topic: a6500 Overheating Test

"Lol. Philip Bloom stole some thunder away from other youtuber's exclusive a6500 overheating test (lcd in closed position / no cage) by streaming the test over Facebook. It looks like the a6500 made it to the clip limit and did not shutdown. Unfortunately they were not able to try longer as their time with the camera was over.

He also confirmed that the rolling shutter is the same as the a6300."

https://***URL removed***/forums/thread/4066004#forum-post-58493940

4 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

Hehe, owners of a6300 will be happy for this, especially if no fw update gets released for their camera to match the 6500.

Why do you care? Still playing the pathetic NX1 troll eh? So sad...

8 hours ago, Cubanito said:

This is great news, the crazy buffer, IBIS and less overheating, I'm buying two and dumping my a7rII. 

4 hours ago, The Chris said:

Why do you care? Still playing the pathetic NX1 troll eh? So sad...

This is great news, the crazy buffer, IBIS and less overheating, I'm buying two and dumping my a7rII. 

What's your problem? Where did I mention nx1? Or, perhaps, that camera is so much better than any sony you own that you feel obliged to dream about it in your worst nightmares? ;-)