My Review of the Zhiyun Crane 3-Axis Gimbal

Mattias Burling

4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Can someone specify what are the differences between V1 and V2?

Do you all believe that the Crane is the best small stabilizer?

A lot of people use the Beholder here, are they comparable?

Thanks.

V2 has a built in quick release system, shorter handle and different batteries, payload is the same as v1. I think it's a pretty universal consensus that the crane is easily the best pistol grip gimbal around, bar none. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
18 hours ago, La Muerta said:

Got Zhiyun Crane V1 for almost two years already with only a battery issue. Gimbal maximum time of use is 20 mins. then batteries are out. Using Canon 6d + Samyang 14mm 2.8

wonder whats the problem with my batteries

Might be exhausted. Buy new batteries.

On 7/22/2017 at 3:27 PM, La Muerta said:

Got Zhiyun Crane V1 for almost two years already with only a battery issue. Gimbal maximum time of use is 20 mins. then batteries are out. Using Canon 6d + Samyang 14mm 2.8

wonder whats the problem with my batteries

try to calibrate better

Hi

I have had my crain v2 for a few days now fitted with a canon eso 650d. the problem I'm having is after a short time of using the joy stick.I can feel a tension building up in the handle. if I then either loosen my grip or hold the gimble by the top. the handle will spin out of control for a few seconds until it stops. Its like its being wound up by an rubber band until you let go and off it spins. Any idea what is going on here? or do I need to return it?  cheers.

I have the zhiyun v2 and I've been facing problems recently where when I pan in locking or follow mode and my camera begins horizontal , it starts to roll as I pan it. It use to just pan and stay horizontal but now it's goes diagonally. I've tried to recalibrate but I can't even get past the third step. I've tried with and without release adapter as well and have tried without putting stuff beneath the motors as well. IMG_0890.MOV

IMG_0890.MOV

image.png

image.jpeg

• 5 months later...