Good third party Canon LP-E6 batteries?

bluefonia

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

dont buy thrid party batteries, stick to the orginal maker.

Hm, - why not? I'm doing fine with third party ones for my GH4.

I had good luck with Patona ones. 

Okay,- thanks. The same make as my GH4 third party batteries. Until now they has as good as the originals.

The Canons are for use with a monitor.

Yeah, I went with the Patona ones for my VA. Patonas have always treated my well (Panasonic, Olympus, Nikon and Sony types... as well as one for my laptop). You can purchase 'em through the Patona trading site, Amazon or eBay. Chilipowder has been decent too.

Almost killed my GH2 with imported Chinese DSTE ones. Avoid those like the plague!

14 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I've had nothing but good experiences with DSTE. They tend to be low on the price scale and just as good as the OEM copies. No issues using them in my GH3, EOS-M, or BMPCC.

Yeah, it doesn't go wrong, until it does. My GH2 suddenly switched off and there was a burned smell from the battery compartment. I've seen how Chinese put together powerbanks when I was in Shenzhen, it's just terrible quality. If I buy something, I want to hold a European company accountable, not a Chinese one that doesn't see the need to adhere to worldwide quality standards. DSTE are the cheapest of the cheapest. There's a reason. But do whatever you're comfortable with. Going all original is a fair approach, as you pay hundreds, if not thousands on a camera and then cheap out on the cheapest bit, but on something that can ruin it all. But if you want a couple of spares for a GH4 or BMPCC for example... it does all add up to a considerable amount going all originals. I'm comfortable putting my faith in the value and quality of Patona.

9 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Yeah, it doesn't go wrong, until it does. My GH2 suddenly switched off and there was a burned smell from the battery compartment. I've seen how Chinese put together powerbanks when I was in Shenzhen, it's just terrible quality. If I buy something, I want to hold a European company accountable, not a Chinese one that doesn't see the need to adhere to worldwide quality standards. DSTE are the cheapest of the cheapest. There's a reason. But do whatever you're comfortable with. Going all original is a fair approach, as you pay hundreds, if not thousands on a camera and then cheap out on the cheapest bit, but on something that can ruin it all. But if you want a couple of spares for a GH4 or BMPCC for example... it does all add up to a considerable amount going all originals. I'm comfortable putting my faith in the value and quality of Patona.

Fair enough! Maybe I'll go all Patona when I upgrade my GH3.

I've bought 22 of the Wasabi brand and have only had one go bad. If you're wondering why so many, I use three at a time to power a Pocket (using an adapter plate) and SmallHD 502. And have found myself in situations where I needed to shoot all day. The ones Rich offered up look like a great option.

i don't think so. it would mean carrying two kinds of batteries and two kinds of chargers. and considering I'm usually packing everything into a Think Tank International carry-on bag, I try to keep it simple. this way I have one pool of batts to draw from for everything i shoot with -- Pocket, Micro, SmallHD 502's.

15 hours ago, richg101 said:

Wow, nice heads up! Really need some new Pocket & Canon batteries - 2yr warranty, free postage & local too (for me anyways).

17 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Wow, nice heads up! Really need some new Pocket & Canon batteries - 2yr warranty, free postage & local too (for me anyways).

they're a little heavier than authentic canon batteries and twice the weight of the usual aftermarket cells.  also being white you don;t get them mixed up with your inferior batteries and know which are yours if you;re sharing batteries with colleagues.   

Patona are good! 
I use them for VA, at the moment I charge them directly with the monitor, very quickly, I will order an external charger as soon as possible, but I have other Patona's charger and they are very slow. 
If you have a suggestion for a charger please let me know :)

Thanks a lot for all these comments and suggestions :-)

57 minutes ago, photographer-at-large said:

IF it's alright to ask at this thread,

is there a good charger (single or dual) that completely discharges these batteries, before recharging to 100%?

I have had good experience with a Patona charger for my Panasonic battery copies from the same maker (Patona). Guess their Canon charger will be okay too. I don't know if it discharges before recharging though.