Jump to content
kidzrevil

Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, vasile said:

I am now doing groundwork for a mods that will be a lot more advanced. This is why you are likely to not see any visible progress for a while. In essence I am trying to zombify the di-camera-app to enable bi-directional communications between it and my mod infrastructure, and to introduce the possibility to "drive" it from the mod runtime..

If successful this should allow many things, potentially including native UI integration, true BBAF, native integration of focus stack & focus pull, etc. etc. My plan is to make it an extensible and open framework upon which others might build on (e.g. Otto) to deliver things that work in coordinated manner with the native app, and that are aware of what the native app does. This will allow, for example, to have the UI permanently up to date regardless of what the mod does (as opposed to today where mods do not update the UI because they are independent of di-camera-app).

NB. Nothing above is a promise or commitment and you do not see any timeline, do you?

It sounds almost like Magic lantern for Samsung NX1/NX500! :-)

Everything which will come next (no matter when) is bonus... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:32 PM, NX1user said:

I'm experiencing the opposite. People that are seeing what my NX1 can do (especially after the bitrate hack)  are now seeking them out but can't find them.

He is referring to those who buy cameras as an investment to pay for their grandchildren's retirement, not those who buy cameras to shoot with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the best SD card for 180Mbps + ?

I have a shoot on Friday. Using KS hack 2.15. Recording stops at about a minute on newly formatted SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95MB/s card. Enabled 128 swap and dropped the rate to 170 - 2 minutes recording before stopping.

Should I get the Lexar Professional 2000x 128GB SDXC UHS-II/U3 or save a little cash and get the 1000x 128GB SDXC UHS-II/U3?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tugela said:

He is referring to those who buy cameras as an investment to pay for their grandchildren's retirement, not those who buy cameras to shoot with.

Ha! That is true. The people that have been looking were all people who shoot daily and have used a lot of different cameras. They could care less about it being a dead system, they want it for what it can do today because that's when they are shooting. They also aren't using any Samsung lenses, so that's not an issue either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got myself SDSDXP-256G-GNCIN for my NX500, and after first video test it froze at 60:04 (mostly static scene) with:

Quote

Recording a Movie is not available because the memory card is too slow

Had to pull the battery, ON/OFF did nothing. Running NX-Patch v5.2. Cam was set to [email protected] 70mbps (PRO - no changes made yet). The card was formatted in camera straight from the box - suspiciously fast. The file is of course corrupted.

Should I try to format it with SD Formatter or just return it and get Extreme PRO (I need 256GB, so not Lexar)? I was under the impression this card could handle higher bitrates? 

Testing a second clip now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

does anyone know why i can't choose 120p or 100p for fhd in the menu? after the hack it's just desable i can't choose it in the menu? what do i do wrong? must be a setting i am missing. thx

Is DIS off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sidi said:

Got myself SDSDXP-256G-GNCIN for my NX500, and after first video test it froze at 60:04 (mostly static scene) with:

Had to pull the battery, ON/OFF did nothing. Running NX-Patch v5.2. Cam was set to [email protected] 70mbps (PRO - no changes made yet). The card was formatted in camera straight from the box - suspiciously fast. The file is of course corrupted.

Should I try to format it with SD Formatter or just return it and get Extreme PRO (I need 256GB, so not Lexar)? I was under the impression this card could handle higher bitrates? 

Testing a second clip now...

Can't keep the camera running even on USB charger (both with SAMSUNG's and NOOK 2.0A chargers) :( This is a new camera straight out of the box. Fully charged battery lasted about 2h of recording [email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

wasn;t off, should it be off? didn't know that, i'll try with it off just don't have it with me now, good to know. thx

DIS does not work with 120/100fps. If DIS is enabled, you will not be able to choose 120/100fps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2016 at 11:05 PM, iamoui said:

DIS does not work with 120/100fps. If DIS is enabled, you will not be able to choose 120/100fps

yup, gotcha. thx now it's working. had other problems now. Don't know why i can't set the camera for one single AF. IN video mode you press the shutter half way down and set the AF but when you move the camera around or other subject come in between, the camera will adjust the focus on the subject it considers to be in focus. And peaking focus in not so much reliable. Anyways, i am going out of topic. I'll have t shoot more. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.6.2016 at 4:13 PM, sidi said:

Got myself SDSDXP-256G-GNCIN for my NX500, and after first video test it froze at 60:04 (mostly static scene) with:

Had to pull the battery, ON/OFF did nothing. Running NX-Patch v5.2. Cam was set to [email protected] 70mbps (PRO - no changes made yet). The card was formatted in camera straight from the box - suspiciously fast. The file is of course corrupted.

Should I try to format it with SD Formatter or just return it and get Extreme PRO (I need 256GB, so not Lexar)? I was under the impression this card could handle higher bitrates? 

Testing a second clip now...

I know this might not have much to do with your original issues but the SanDisk SD cards seem to be inferior quality compared to many of the other manufactured SD cards out there, Lexar is Korean manufactured and have of course the Samsung approves invincible sticker on them, if you REALLY want the most stable SD cards with the Samsung camera get a Lexar card, mine runs very good at 160 - 180mbps but I keep the bitrate at 140mbps most time so I avoid dropped frames or corrupted frames which seems to occur at high bitrates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

I know this might not have much to do with your original issues but the SanDisk SD cards seem to be inferior quality compared to many of the other manufactured SD cards out there, Lexar is Korean manufactured and have of course the Samsung approves invincible sticker on them, if you REALLY want the most stable SD cards with the Samsung camera get a Lexar card, mine runs very good at 160 - 180mbps but I keep the bitrate at 140mbps most time so I avoid dropped frames or corrupted frames which seems to occur at high bitrates

Thanks, the limit for 60fps is just lower here's a chart if you are wondering about the limit for different FPS & resolution combinations > CALC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 26, 2016 at 4:40 AM, sidi said:

Thanks, the limit for 60fps is just lower here's a chart if you are wondering about the limit for different FPS & resolution combinations > CALC

Maybe im a little slow but I am struggling to understand what I am looking at. Is this showing the max bitrate for each sd card ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which one of the mods are the fastest one to load and most stable? Kino or Vasile? 

I could test it out myself but in case someone has it will spare me the effort. I am asking because I really loved the feature that the NX cameras were just instantaneous at start up it made me save a lot of battery power by just shutting it down everytime I did not use it even if it was just for a messily 2 minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Which one of the mods are the fastest one to load and most stable? Kino or Vasile? 

I could test it out myself but in case someone has it will spare me the effort. I am asking because I really loved the feature that the NX cameras were just instantaneous at start up it made me save a lot of battery power by just shutting it down everytime I did not use it even if it was just for a messily 2 minute. 

Vasile's new 'nx on wake' hack is marvelous... Camera behaves exactly the way it does without any hacks, super quick to turn on and off whenever, hacked bitrates are loaded instantaneously since we don't have to wait for Bluetooth to load like we used to (and still do with the KS mod). They've recently added some nice tweaks to the UI as well, give it a shot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parker said:

Vasile's new 'nx on wake' hack is marvelous... Camera behaves exactly the way it does without any hacks, super quick to turn on and off whenever, hacked bitrates are loaded instantaneously since we don't have to wait for Bluetooth to load like we used to (and still do with the KS mod). They've recently added some nice tweaks to the UI as well, give it a shot! 

Thanks mate, I will try Vasile one the installation for NX Wake though scared me away for a second but if its speedy its all worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...