Sign in to follow this  
QuickHitRecord

Panasonic AG-LA7200 diopter mounting solution

I did mention this in another thread, but I think that it probably deserves its own topic.

For those of you trying to mount diopters on LA7200 anamorphic lenses, this is what I have been doing (see pictures).

The binding product is called Dual Lock. It is similar to velcro but is adhesive-sided and creates a stronger bond. I never have to worry about my diopters slipping off. It works well with inexpensive Cokin-P diopters as pictured. With a GH2, I can shoot with the Voigtlander Nokton and the LA7200 with only slight vignetting. So 30mm and up should be vignette free.

It's a very simple concept but I haven't seen anyone else using it and it took me a while to figure it out. I hope that others find it useful.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hello, I'm a little doubt arises, The Cokin Close Up +1 A101 are too small right? And these ( http://www.ebay.es/itm/KOOD-P-Series-Close-Up-1-Macro-Filter-Fits-Cokin-/200608019419?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item2eb52b73db ) are well-adjusted? Regards

[quote name='Inean' timestamp='1346670037' post='17214']
Hello, I'm a little doubt arises, The Cokin Close Up +1 A101 are too small right? And these ( [url="http://www.ebay.es/itm/KOOD-P-Series-Close-Up-1-Macro-Filter-Fits-Cokin-/200608019419?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item2eb52b73db"]http://www.ebay.es/i...=item2eb52b73db[/url] ) are well-adjusted? Regards
[/quote]

I have never used with a Cokin A-series filter, only P-series. The item in your link seems like it would work since it seems to be P-series size.

[quote name='KarimNassar' timestamp='1346690501' post='17226']
interesting setup thanks for sharing
would matte box that hold filters be an option too?
or would the filter be too far away from the lens
[/quote]

I suppose it's possible, but the LA7200 already has sort of a matte-box shape, so it might be tricky to get the filters close to the front glass. Also, do they even make square close up filters?

Mark at EyePatch films did a YouTube tutorial about using a Cinetactics Anamorphic Matteblox a while back. I've tried it out and I much prefer the solution above -- it is much cheaper and you can get the diopter closer to the glass.

[quote name='QuickHitRecord' timestamp='1346208911' post='16762']
I did mention this in another thread, but I think that it probably deserves its own topic.

For those of you trying to mount diopters on LA7200 anamorphic lenses, this is what I have been doing (see pictures).

The binding product is called Dual Lock. It is similar to velcro but is adhesive-sided and creates a stronger bond. I never have to worry about my diopters slipping off. It works well with inexpensive Cokin-P diopters as pictured. With a GH2, I can shoot with the Voigtlander Nokton and the LA7200 with only slight vignetting. So 30mm and up should be vignette free.

It's a very simple concept but I haven't seen anyone else using it and it took me a while to figure it out. I hope that others find it useful.
[/quote]

thats a good way, how i did mine was put a line of velcro on the bottom and top so the Cokin - P slips inside and closer to the glass

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kTPqA5IlZfe0VB7N6SSb1KjKDr6JWONYHajEI3h9fEM?feat=directlink

will show some pics soon

Tim, I'd avoid this one, since is too small for the front of the LA7200, and this bayonet mounting is a bit confusing. It doesn't work in regular filter threads, you'd have to adapt.

Try this one, it's cheaper, and way bigger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190827528672

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400440410462

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Zalem
      - PRICE: $599
      - STRETCH: 2X
      - FOCUS: Double-focus
      - PAYMENT METHOD: Paypal (fees to be paid after initial payment)
      - SHIPPING: Not included
      - INCLUDED: Redstan rear adapter with foot support and Redstan front clamp (value = $100).
      - CONDITION: No scratches and no fungus. Clean glass with the exception of a couple tiny spots on the rear glass. A couple of VERY light scratches that are only noticeable under a light source. Body shows some signs of wear but it works perfectly. Coatings are not flamboyant but the lens creates these signature purple/orange flares perfectly well. I wasn't able to get 1000% tack sharp images, so the lens might need to be serviced. It gives reasonably sharp results though, and my issue might actually come from my taking lens. Bought it from a fellow member of the Anamorphic Shooters group on FB and barely used it because of a decrease in filmmaking activity.
      - COMMENTS: I can send some footage via wetransfer. Open to offers.

• By wherezelig
      Used Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L ll USM Zoom Lens for Canon EF Cameras, but taken great care of.
      2 years old, and only used only in studio setting. Lens is in immaculate condition and like new. $1200 OBO

Compact and lightweight, the Canon EF USM II F/2.8 Lens is designed to capture portrait, sports, and wildlife photography. This Canon lens comes with aspherical lens elements to reduce chromatic aberrations. The focal length of this 16 mm lens can be automatically adjusted between 16 mm and 35 mm to shoot magnified images of an object at a minimum focusing distance of 0.28 m. With an aperture range of f/2.8, this Canon EF USM II F/2.8 allows you to capture bright outdoor pictures. The 63 to 108 degree angle coverage of this 16 mm lens lets you take large format pictures. With a construction of 16 elements in 12 groups, this Canon EF USM II F/2.8 controls the performance of the lens to enhance the image quality.

• By Jakub
      Lens in pristine condition. Bought for a project but eventually never had a chance to use it.Comes with a modified  m4/3 to m42  adapter that covers the size of the mount , does not hold it but can be used as abase for making one. 250 euro

• By Zalem
      Hi,

I am selling a Leica Summicron-R f2 50mm lens with Leitax EF mount for $570 plus shipping. I am open to offers.

The glass is in pristine condition with no scratches, no fungus, no haze and no separation. The lens is in excellent cosmetic condition as well. The only issue is the front barrel as it has a little bit of play (about 1mm). It is the only reason I am selling. It is an absolute non-issue if you're shooting spherical and it's still usable if you're being careful while shooting anamorphic.

The Leitax mount converts the lens to EF mount. It's the best adapter on the market and it shows. It is worth $70 alone.

Comment or DM if you're interested or want to make an offer! Cheers.

• By Zalem
      Selling a Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 Art (EF mount) in excellent condition for 490$ plus shipping. I am also open to offers so don't hesitate to message me.

Incredible lens in excellent condition, produces VERY sharp images. The glass is in excellent condition, with no fungus, no haze, no separation and no major scratches. The front glass shows some cleaning marks and a couple of TINY scratches that are only visible when flashing a light onto the glass. Even then they are hard to spot. Not visible at all otherwise and NO effect on the image. The defects are so small I was not able to take a picture that would show them. Lens comes with original lens pouch and lens hood.

DM or comment if you're interested. Cheers!