Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New SmallHD AC7 Review (non-OLED)

9 posts in this topic

EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For GH2 users (who can't use the magnified focus assist when a monitor is plugged in), the 2x magnified focus assist is a nice addition.

With only two assignable buttons, you'd be taking up one of those positions for something that most other cameras already have (unless you can cycle through the special features with repeated button presses, but I have heard that you can't).

It's one of the reasons why I am considering the D7w or D5w by Ikan instead (but that only has a pixel-to-pixel and not a 2x zoom). Those monitors also offer a waveform.

The third option would be to go big and buy a DP7 and then hopefully never have to buy another monitor.

It is a tough decision.

Dp7 would be legendary. Unfortunately it's out of most people's price range. Would love for SmallHD to send me one to review

Can you have aspect guides + focus assist working at the same time on the AC7?

Yes you can, but i'll double check on that once I get back

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

By SullyCortez
      Selling my 7mnth old A6300 + Adapter + Canon 50mm f/1.4 FD Lens and a smallrig cage to go with it. Only about 3-4K shutter actuations. Mint condition will include original box and 3yr extended warranty via Squaretrade. Also includes a set of Chris Engall Button Enhancers. Need to sell immediately.

Payments ONLY via PayPal and I'd prefer to ship within the US only, but will consider international. Asking price is $950 for everything. Shipping not included and will be determined based on buyer location.

Willing to negotiate, please DM for more info or email

• Canon 1DC For Sale
      By Eric Savetsky
      Canon 1DC for sale, in immaculate condition with less than 28,000 clicks.  Sale includes all original packaging and items plus one extra Canon battery and three 32GB Compact Flash cards (2 Lexar Professional 1000X UDMA 7's and 1 Sandisk Extreme Pro UDMA 7).  For photos please see my Fred Miranda classified posting.  $3,400.
    • WTB : VAF 50D mosaic engineering anti aliasing flter, make an offer!
      By ikola
      For sale a like new VAF50D mosaic engineering anti aliasing flter, make an offer please!
      New import from USA to France is 350e with import taxes, crazy expensive but so important for having a perfect picture when RAW recording with the 50D, and the difference is clearly noticeable, you can have it right now for way less, international shipping, just dare give an offer and i'll let you know
      Thank you.
    • FS: (US) C100 w/ PDAF, eyecup, Z-Finder, DP4 EVF
      By Walter H
      Very clean C100 with PDAF and 259 hours. More than 80% of usage was indoors and well handled and protected always. Not much to say about the camera beyond it comes with battery, charger, and other standard accessories, manuals, and original box.

Also included is a eye cup for the vf with Bluestar eye cushion.

Price is $2100 net to me. Sale and shipping within Continental US only please. PayPal payments from users with verified addresses accepted.

Next, a Zacuto C100 Viewfinder also with a Bluestar. The Z-finder makes a huge difference for hand-holding stability.

$200. CONUS.

Lastly, a SmallHD DP4 with EVF. It's in good, clean shape - only a few very slight rub marks on the acrylic protective screen - actual monitor screen is perfect. Not noticeable when in use and there is a second, unused protective screen you can switch to when you wish. EVF cup is missing one magnet.

Come with original boxes, battery plates for Sony, Canon, or AA's, cables, sun hood, pouch, etc.

$325 net to me. CONUS. Thanks.

• FOR SALE: Mosaic Engineering VAF-TXi Optical Anti-Aliasing Filter
      By nonskarp
      I am selling my VAF-TXi filter for the Canon 550D, 600D, 650D and 700D for 140€. I have already sold my old 600D so I don't need it anymore, it's in perfect condition, shipping cost for EU is covered.