Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Celledral

New SmallHD AC7 Review (non-OLED)

9 posts in this topic

EOSHD Pro Color for Panasonic cameras EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras

For GH2 users (who can't use the magnified focus assist when a monitor is plugged in), the 2x magnified focus assist is a nice addition.

However...

With only two assignable buttons, you'd be taking up one of those positions for something that most other cameras already have (unless you can cycle through the special features with repeated button presses, but I have heard that you can't).

It's one of the reasons why I am considering the D7w or D5w by Ikan instead (but that only has a pixel-to-pixel and not a 2x zoom). Those monitors also offer a waveform.

The third option would be to go big and buy a DP7 and then hopefully never have to buy another monitor.

It is a tough decision.

Dp7 would be legendary. Unfortunately it's out of most people's price range. Would love for SmallHD to send me one to review

Can you have aspect guides + focus assist working at the same time on the AC7?

Yes you can, but i'll double check on that once I get back

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• First Time Posting - Introducing myself with a new camera reel
      By Riadnasla
      Hello! 
      I've referenced this website for trouble-shooting as any other lurker for the last few years, but finally set up an account and logged in recently. Figured I'd introduce myself and start joining the conversations, starting with posting my first camera reel. 
      Except for shooting speaker events and conferences, all footage was shot exclusively with my Sony PMW-F3, and much of that was recorded via my Convergent Design Gemini 444 with S-Log. For this project, I did the colour in Premiere CC's Lumetri Panel, using Tangent's Element-Vs app for fine-tuning. (for more detailed work, I often print in Resolve free). The conferences are typically the resulting file from live-editing jobs, where we record with Canon XA30s into a Roland V-1HD and recorded on an Atomos recorder. We're still waiting on our automated pan/tilt heads before we can kick that business into high gear. 
    • Canon 1DC
      By AnthonyBert
      I'm putting my canon 1dc for sale on eBay. it is in mint condition. let me know if you need infos.
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182419742552?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
      Thanks

• Kit Clear Out
      By andrew berekdar
      Hi everyone,
      I'm having a kit clearance. All in great condition, some items completely new.
      Get in touch if you're interested in the following:

Rode NTG2 with case, perfect condition (£150)
      Tecpro Felloni Daylight LED 1x1 panel with case and send (£500)
      Atomos Ninja Star prores recorder with CFast card UNUSED (£300)
      Tamron EF 70-300 with box (£200)
      Canon EFS 60mm macro with box  (£275)
      Canon EF 85mm 1.8 with box (£275)
      3 x CFL soft boxes with stands, 12 lamps and bag for the lot(£100)
      3 x Lowell CFL lamps for rifa / other soft boxes, used once (£45)
      Konova Slider with Master Pan unit (£375 for both)
      Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera, used once (£700)
      Lightcraft workshop Variable ND filter 77mm ( £50)
      Aputure VS3 Monitor (£150)
      Aputure Canon Lens Regain EF to MFT adapter and speedbooster USED ONCE (£400)
    • Canon XC10 w/ 3 batteries & 2 cfaat cards $1500 NYC
      By kidzrevil
      Selling an excellent condition Canon XC10 w/ 3 batteries & 2 CFAST cards for $1500. PM me if interested. Prices are negotiable
      Xc10 listing
    • Wanted Canon 1DC in NYC $3000
      By julienajarry
      As the title says.
      I am in the process of selling a very lean 5d3 to go 1DC. Contact if you want to do the trade/$ or sale.