Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Celledral

New SmallHD AC7 Review (non-OLED)

9 posts in this topic

Thanks, nice review. I was thinking about picking one up but wanted to hear some reviews first. Looks solid.

For GH2 users (who can't use the magnified focus assist when a monitor is plugged in), the 2x magnified focus assist is a nice addition.

However...

With only two assignable buttons, you'd be taking up one of those positions for something that most other cameras already have (unless you can cycle through the special features with repeated button presses, but I have heard that you can't).

It's one of the reasons why I am considering the D7w or D5w by Ikan instead (but that only has a pixel-to-pixel and not a 2x zoom). Those monitors also offer a waveform.

The third option would be to go big and buy a DP7 and then hopefully never have to buy another monitor.

It is a tough decision.

Dp7 would be legendary. Unfortunately it's out of most people's price range. Would love for SmallHD to send me one to review

Can you have aspect guides + focus assist working at the same time on the AC7?

Yes you can, but i'll double check on that once I get back

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• FOR SALE: Mosaic Engineering VAF-TXi Optical Anti-Aliasing Filter
      By nonskarp
      I am selling my VAF-TXi filter for the Canon 550D, 600D, 650D and 700D for 140€. I have already sold my old 600D so I don't need it anymore, it's in perfect condition, shipping cost for EU is covered.

• FS (for sale) VAF-50D Mosaic Engineering filter CANON 50D
      By ikola
      FS (for sale) VAF-50D Mosaic Engineering anti aliasing and moire filter for CANON 50D

220e / 250usd free shipping from France, paypal payment.

send me private message if possible.
    • The infamous Imperial SLR magic rangefinder Ebrahim Saadawi deluxe edition
      By IshootbeforeItalk
      This is the one and only, infamous, EOSHD show piece called the Imperial SLR magic rangefinder (Ebrahim Saadawi deluxe edition). Get it now for EU 500,- and score huge amounts of EOSHD karma points. New price is EU 690,- (see SLR magic website).
      Model: SLR Magic Rangefinder CINE Adapter / Saadawi deluxe
      Focus type: Manual
      Min focusing distance: 1.1M
      Dimensions Length: 24.3mm, Width: 97mm
      Weight: 340g
      Fitment: MF & AF Lenses
      Rear filter thread: 77mm, step down rings can be used to adapt to smaller taking lenses (Not included)
      Front filter size: 82mm
      I'm located in Amsterdam and willing to ship worldwide. PayPal en Iban only (insert western union joke here...)

• Some Canon C100 to sell?
      By Lorenz
      Because everybody is living in the 4k World nowadays i try to find a "shitty" C100 Mark I for a bargain. If your having such an old and not any more needed item let me know if your willing to get rid of it to an Price worth think about. European offers only! Thanks
    • D-Tap to DSLR Camera Battery for Canon, Sony & GH4
      By DVine Mart
      Hey guys, i have a D-Tap to LP-E6 Battery Adapter for Canon DSLR camera for sale.
      I also have for Sony A7 series cameras and GH3 / GH4.
      ....with the adapter you can power your DSLR Camera from a Vmount Cine battery like the Sony or Anton Bauer.
      Please, contact me if you're interested via email: info@dvinemart.com