Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Celledral

New SmallHD AC7 Review (non-OLED)

9 posts in this topic

Thanks, nice review. I was thinking about picking one up but wanted to hear some reviews first. Looks solid.

For GH2 users (who can't use the magnified focus assist when a monitor is plugged in), the 2x magnified focus assist is a nice addition.

However...

With only two assignable buttons, you'd be taking up one of those positions for something that most other cameras already have (unless you can cycle through the special features with repeated button presses, but I have heard that you can't).

It's one of the reasons why I am considering the D7w or D5w by Ikan instead (but that only has a pixel-to-pixel and not a 2x zoom). Those monitors also offer a waveform.

The third option would be to go big and buy a DP7 and then hopefully never have to buy another monitor.

It is a tough decision.

Dp7 would be legendary. Unfortunately it's out of most people's price range. Would love for SmallHD to send me one to review

Can you have aspect guides + focus assist working at the same time on the AC7?

Yes you can, but i'll double check on that once I get back

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• 17797 a short film shot on Mark iii
      By mbiondo25
      I shot this a few months ago.
      Looking to get some feedback on it before I start filming a bigger project in the next few weeks.
      Hope you enjoy it. Let me know whats up.
      mike

• Canon FD to PL Mount
      By Anamatis
      I'm really considering making a big upgrade to the URSA, but I've already invested in a fleet of Canon FDs. I've been doing some research on FD to PL mounts without a lot of luck. I know ARRI make an FD adapter to the ARRI mount (PL??) but besides that seems there's zilch out there. Some talk about machining the lenses to fit the new flange but I was hoping someone here knows of something...

• Endless Gravity - Canon ML RAW
      By Alexasolo
      Magic Lantern RAW 14bit video.
      Graded in Davinci Resolve.
      Mostly 6D, very few shots on 5D3.
      Thanks for watching,
      Alex

• I am Dominica
      By Dåmienb Our
      Hello there !
      We had the opportunity and luck to be part of the "Dominica Film Challenge" this year, here is the result of our week in this tiny and lovely island from the Carribeans !
      Hope you'll like it.
      We mainly shot with a Red epic, but there is also some 5d III raw footage as we had troubles with our luggage (4 days to arrive..). There are also a few drone shots made with a phantom 2 and a gopro 4. 

• Sport shooting with Sony A6000
      By msiris
      - Sony a6000 (auto ISO, auto WB, OSS on)
      - Lens 16-50mm FilmPower Nebula 4000
      - Stabilizer FilmPower Nebula 4000
      - Rollerblade New Jack 4
      Music:
      Ki:Theory - The Man I Left Behind (Instrumental)